Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you feel smite is growing or shrinking ?(Consensus for Hi-Rez))

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Shrinking - the game has been out for years...newer and brighter things have caught the eye of many.
    The skill floor on the game is really high too, so it frustrates new players.

For whoever said something about esports - yeah...they could use a little work there. I like to watch them and the broadcasts are reasonable, but actually getting involved is a non starter. There is ranked, but Hi-Rez really needs more community tourneys and such, with skins\gems as prizes. Ranked is not enough to be "competitive". They tried to do some stuff with some other sites out there, like on FaceIt, but no one ever got that involved. They did a piss poor job of explaining how to get involved on there too, especially for console.
    Remember The Manticore

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    It feels like it's shrinking a bit to me, for a number of reasons.

The "new player experience" is, bluntly, beyond awful. Smurfs everywhere, rampant toxicity, and horrible matchmaking. These things tend to turn new players away from the game pretty quickly, and no amount of "it gets better at higher levels, just stick with it" is going to make someone willing to invest 100+ hours into a game just so it "might get better". It's especially egregious when you see level-5 players being thrown into a match with level 130+ players, simply because the 130+ player is teamed with a (usually smurfing) lowbie teammate, so the game decides "a brand new player is clearly the correct match for this person".

People are CONSTANTLY toxic. I've run into more trolls and toxic jerkoffs in the last few months than I have in the prior 4 years. People who refuse to help teammates out, insult them, go afk and just troll their teammates, etc. Just last night I was in a clash game where one of the players literally just roamed around near their base, never going beyond the towers. At 20m into the game he was 0-0-0, with no damage dealt. When his team asked him to stop trolling and DO something, he would simply reply "lol".

Quite often I'll run into the same players two, three, four, or even five games in a row. Not just late at night, but in "prime time" as well. Which leads me to believe that there aren't a whole lot of people to choose from in the queue.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Game is growing

Competitive scene is still worthless and really hasnt grown ( I feel like it died a little too. Only notable thing in SPL is SWC)

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Shrinking at the high and growing at the low like most FTP games

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    Shrinking at the high and growing at the low like most FTP games
    What does that mean?

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    Shrinking, refusing to address the bigger issues and continuing to release skins like everything is working as intended is slowly killing the game.
    I agree to an extent, i feel they have alot more focus on the Skins then balance in ever patch, could you talk about some of the major issues though, like bullet point them.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    Shrinking - the game has been out for years...newer and brighter things have caught the eye of many.
    The skill floor on the game is really high too, so it frustrates new players.

For whoever said something about esports - yeah...they could use a little work there. I like to watch them and the broadcasts are reasonable, but actually getting involved is a non starter. There is ranked, but Hi-Rez really needs more community tourneys and such, with skins\gems as prizes. Ranked is not enough to be "competitive". They tried to do some stuff with some other sites out there, like on FaceIt, but no one ever got that involved. They did a piss poor job of explaining how to get involved on there too, especially for console.
    I agree they need to try and take a site by the reigns, ontop of gem tourneys they should do favor tourneys as well for new players to help them be interested in the game like lets say you can win 1500-1700 but get 500 just for actually playing, they should have more spl games or streamed games on hi-rez tv like of these tourneys (a good way to not get a shit show is to do tourneys in terms of under a certain lvl 15-20-30 and then the ranked divisions

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RatGirl View Post
    It feels like it's shrinking a bit to me, for a number of reasons.

The "new player experience" is, bluntly, beyond awful. Smurfs everywhere, rampant toxicity, and horrible matchmaking. These things tend to turn new players away from the game pretty quickly, and no amount of "it gets better at higher levels, just stick with it" is going to make someone willing to invest 100+ hours into a game just so it "might get better". It's especially egregious when you see level-5 players being thrown into a match with level 130+ players, simply because the 130+ player is teamed with a (usually smurfing) lowbie teammate, so the game decides "a brand new player is clearly the correct match for this person".

People are CONSTANTLY toxic. I've run into more trolls and toxic jerkoffs in the last few months than I have in the prior 4 years. People who refuse to help teammates out, insult them, go afk and just troll their teammates, etc. Just last night I was in a clash game where one of the players literally just roamed around near their base, never going beyond the towers. At 20m into the game he was 0-0-0, with no damage dealt. When his team asked him to stop trolling and DO something, he would simply reply "lol".

Quite often I'll run into the same players two, three, four, or even five games in a row. Not just late at night, but in "prime time" as well. Which leads me to believe that there aren't a whole lot of people to choose from in the queue.
    I agree the new player experience is terrible and one of the main reasons smite is stagnant or shrinking, one of the reasons the quality of teamates is so low is there's not much reward , as stated previously in a reply its so hard to get noticed or even considered with the only way for players to get on the spl is if these big organizations recognize you, ONLY the big organizations (its been getting better with a handful of random smaller name teams but i honestly think they deserve their own day/time of day to show players its an actual possibility of them playing like this or getting to be on the spl

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    untill they fix the matchmaking it will probably shrink

2 days ago i faced a solo lvl 1 player, and im fucking lvl 124 like really?

they also need to work on the balance, certain gods are OP while others are shit.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    Game is growing

Competitive scene is still worthless and really hasnt grown ( I feel like it died a little too. Only notable thing in SPL is SWC)
    Eh I don't think its growing in the sense of people will stick with it or even put 60 hours into it (no offense hi-rez) but in a game like this it sucks to just be thrust into the thick of things, and there shouldn't be a section for helpful things they should be in the tutorial/ training, also the pro scene feels so small because I honestly believe conquest is only played as the main game mode by a 4th of the player base, i honestly think Hi-rez should give streaming a competitive arena game a try to open up thier horizons (P.s. I hate most every other game mode besides conquest), they've already done it with clash and joust