Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegis Counter!

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Basically that.

Although I'd prefer it if Hirez nerfed it and also made it require more skill to use, and was thus more rewarding for proper plays.

I like my idea (in rant thread lul) of making it last 0.5 seconds, but having quite a low CD. That way, people with good reflexes or anticipation can block attacks, while the majority of people would need to get lucky. Also makes it easier to hold your attacks until it's down.

Like, 0.5s duration, 60 sec CD.

Upgrade either makes it 0.75 or reduce to 45/50 CD.

I totally didn't get this idea from Blade&Soul...(Parry Bladedancer op)
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    People want Aegis (and some even beads) to be nerfed so it would need more "skill" to use it. At the same time those people ignore the fact that Aegis forces "YOU" to use your dmg and CC more wisely.

So nerfing an item because it makes you look bad is a good choice ? Dont think so.

And given the fact that SMITE is filled with shit load of CC and huge amount of dmg there is no need to nerf one of those items. Thats a gid gut matter nothing more. Back then Aegis had less CD and no one called it OP so there is no reason to call it OP now because it already got a heavy nerf.

EDIT:
    And dont try to use the point :" People also use aegis to get out of mistakes they made like rushing in etc."

Same as above. Aegis also lets you pay when you use all your skill on it or chase the enemy into an ambush. All arguments people used against aegis until now can be turned against them.
    Last edited by Ichimarou; 08-23-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    There is a lot of opinions in this thread. Let us talk about stastical gamplay viability and practicality.

Scenario 1: Team combo ults. Enemy uses sanctuary and survives. Enemy team counter ults and kills them all.

Scenario 2: God like Loki uses ult for insta kill and sanctuary to survive after.

Scenario 3: God uses it to counter by luck. Cannot see Loki. Fail. There is no equal counter to sanctuary Loki.

Scenario 4: God rushes 5 enemy team to ult and then Sanctuary. Enemy team waste ult and dies.

Scenario 5: God uses to ignore tower, phonix, fire giant, titan.

Scenario 6: God uses to survive an attack before tower.

Any player can use this for cheap kills, wins, and still survive.

Let us talk about these supposed equal playing field relics. Healing for a dab amount, but no immune shield to survive any non baby attacks. Slow or attack speed for counter kills, but involve direct hitting without disabling enemy team attacks. Shield for attacking, but not ult nullifying like sanctuary. Speed for escape/ kills, but no 100% protections during. There is no competition. Sanctuary is in a higher class.

Sanctuary is a trash item and has no place right now in Smite. They have scrapped far less powerful items than this for being too powerful.
    Last edited by xcase19zero; 08-23-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    People want Aegis (and some even beads) to be nerfed so it would need more "skill" to use it. At the same time those people ignore the fact that Aegis forces "YOU" to use your dmg and CC more wisely.

So nerfing an item because it makes you look bad is a good choice ? Dont think so.

And given the fact that SMITE is filled with shit load of CC and huge amount of dmg there is no need to nerf one of those items. Thats a gid gut matter nothing more. Back then Aegis had less CD and no one called it OP so there is no reason to call it OP now because it already got a heavy nerf.

EDIT:
    And dont try to use the point :" People also use aegis to get out of mistakes they made like rushing in etc."

Same as above. Aegis also lets you pay when you use all your skill on it or chase the enemy into an ambush. All arguments people used against aegis until now can be turned against them.
    Look.

if I use my 1 from max range when the enemy is aware that I'm there and actually hit it, then they deserve to die.

I use my 2, they Aegis when it's flying to them, I do NOT pop it.

They walk out scot free because even if I pop it at the last moment they're ALWAYS IMMUNE and if they walk out it's wasted anyway.

I wait, I didn't pop immediately...why am I still punished for being smart and trying to wait for it to wear off?

The issue is it lasts too long and is too safe with literally no drawbacks (apart from being immune to heals)

A low cooldown, 0.5s duration Aegis would give more skill needed to the user and still skill to the enemy because they still ideally need to bait it out.

0.5s duration, 60s CD. Make it something that requires precise timing to counter attacks with it, not something you can panicpress and have an eternity of laughing at the enemy.

Heck make it 40s CD even. The duration is my main issue as it completely removes the possibility of mind games and any ability to counter it.

There's literally no way to counter Aegis if I already tossed my 2, even if I don't pop it.

Aegis is literally a Get Out of Crush Free card. They don't even need BEADS to get out of my root and still be immune to the crush at the very edge!!!

If they avoid Crush with beads + escape I could care less, they played well and had good reaction time.

Pressing one button and slowly walking out of a death trap with zero penalty that I have no way of countering is bullshit.

Nothing should be uncounterable. Period.
    Last edited by Lyralis; 08-23-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Nothing should be uncounterable. Period.
    Good that you can counter Aegis with CC like stuns and roots. So someone cant even run in Aegis anymore.

All i said above negated your whole post and by saying that Aegis is "uncounterable" you have proven my point that this is a "gid gud" situation. You also said Aegis has no "penalty".

Penalties:
    1.)Cant be healed.
    2.)Cant use abilitys.
    3.)Cant defend himself at all.

You are a sitting duck for 2 seconds and thats a huge penalty.The amount of people dying even after using aegis proves that point. You will get punished when you use aegis unwisely and in your "crush" example the enemy knew he had aegis to back him up which means he knew he can survive your crush which means there was no misplay.

Its a tactical item and the person with the better tactic will always win that battle.

You also ignore the fact that the long duration is needed to even counter some skills. With 0,5 sec duration its almost impossible to counter long duration skills let alone long duration CC. Even Change and Ravana player buy Aegis because the inbuild Aegis is far to short to be of any relevance. You can counter 1 ability with it like Vulkan,KKK or Pos ult but thats it. You cant counter people smashing everything they got at you (which is just brainless) with 0,5 seconds.

Aegis has its reasons just like Beads does. There are far more people complaining about those two items instead of Shell. Its a wonder Hi-Rez noticed how overpowerd Shell is with all those Aegis threads. And given the fact that you can still stack multi Shells there will be more nerfs to it.

Aegis nerf people really have issues.
    Such is its nature.

Achievements:
    There's literally nothing I can do to stop them from walking right out of my 2.

Help me here. How do I counter it lol, if they Aegis after I place my 2 down?
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    If you nerf aegis there is no point in buying it, i'd rather buy meditation than an unsafe aegis.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    Good that you can counter Aegis with CC like stuns and roots. So someone cant even run in Aegis anymore.

All i said above negated your whole post and by saying that Aegis is "uncounterable" you have proven my point that this is a "gid gud" situation. You also said Aegis has no "penalty".

Penalties:
    1.)Cant be healed.
    2.)Cant use abilitys.
    3.)Cant defend himself at all.

You are a sitting duck for 2 seconds and thats a huge penalty.The amount of people dying even after using aegis proves that point. You will get punished when you use aegis unwisely and in your "crush" example the enemy knew he had aegis to back him up which means he knew he can survive your crush which means there was no misplay.

Its a tactical item and the person with the better tactic will always win that battle.

Aegis nerf people really have issues.
    Rofl You can counter. Right. Noobs. Not every god can slow, stun, or root. Calling it counterable is a bold face lie.

1. Healing and sanctuary would be a extreme buff. Not a penalty.
    2.So not damage immune and able to kill everything. Okay? -.-
    3.You are immune to damage. Is there something more than 100% immunity? Dumb.

Some gods have sanctuary abilities. That's double sanctuary. Many ults come with CC immunity. Sanctuary down means squat. The only thing a team can do is combine attacks after sanctuary, but that's not a penalty. 95% of random players will not cordinate that well.

Sanctuary has no place in Smite and only uber noobs want it. They don't have the skill to win without it.
    Last edited by xcase19zero; 08-24-2017 at 03:29 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshit1 View Post
    If you nerf aegis there is no point in buying it, i'd rather buy meditation than an unsafe aegis.
    So you are saying that meditation is worth more than a weaker sanctuary? Around a one third heal versus a weaker version? Even less if you don't upgrade.

If something was done like suggested to make it 50%. That is still far more protection than meditation. If cut the time in half. It would require actual skill and stop a five team from wasting all ults on a relic. Smite isn't supposed to have easy noob items. Ult with Loki if looking for cheap kills.
    Last edited by xcase19zero; 08-24-2017 at 03:31 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xcase19zero View Post
    Text that made no sense at all

Just what ?

Your first point was that not every god has CC...name one. What you just did was a bold face lie...a BIG one to back up your arguments against Aegis. IT FAILED.

"Healing and sanctuary would be a extreme buff. Not a penalty."
    What ? I say its a penalty that you cant be healed and you talk senseless crap ?

"So not damage immune and able to kill everything. Okay? -.-"
    Same as above....WHAT ?

"You are immune to damage. Is there something more than 100% immunity? Dumb."
    Same as...ah never mind do you even have arguments ?

"95% of random players will not cordinate that well."
    As i said its a "gid gud" situation. If youre bad youre not gud.

"Sanctuary has no place in Smite and only uber noobs want it"
    Coming from the person with not a single argument why Aegis has no place. Youre just one of those mad mans that get outplayed with Aegis day in and day out.

@Lyralis
    You dont.You were the one who got out played. Thats the price you have to pay when you play a god with an huge AoE ability that deals Ult dmg.There is no reason to reward a cheesy ability like that even further.
    Such is its nature.