Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Thread: Which gods are Order and Which gods are Chaos?

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points

Fun Thread: Which gods are Order and Which gods are Chaos?

If we were to classify Smite gods into Heroes and Villains Dota Style (like Sentinels and Scourge), which group do they belong?
    With Smite, it's kinda tricky since there are gods who'd fit into both or neither, but let's try our best.

I think this will be it.
    First, we start with...

Order
    Greeks
    1. Zeus
    2. Athena
    3. Apollo
    4. Artemis
    5. Aphrodite
    6. Chiron
    7. Nike
    8. Nemesis
    9. Poseidon

Norse
    10. Odin
    11. Thor
    12. Tyr
    13. Freya
    14. Ullr
    15. Ratatoskr
    16. Sol

Chinese
    17. Nuwa
    18. Guan Yu
    19. Erlang Shen
    20. He Bo
    21. Nezha
    22. Zhong Kui
    23. Jingwei
    24. Houyi - Houyi and Chang'e are yet another tricky ones. They have more reason to go bad but mostly because Chang'e decided to drink all of the Elixir of Immortality and they got separated for eternity because of that. On the other hand, they were still doing good deeds in spite of bad things happening to them.
    25. Chang'e - see Houyi
    26. Sun Wukong - yes, Sun Wukong is mischievous and does whatever he wants but he was defeated by Buddha and served good guy Xuanzang. He's basically a bad boy fighting with the good guys.

Egyptian
    27. Ra
    28. Osiris
    29. Isis
    30. Anubis
    31. Anhur
    32. Bastet
    33. Neith
    34. Thoth
    35. Geb
    36. Khepri
    37. Sobek

Mayan
    38. Chaac
    39. Kukulkan
    40. Xbalanque

Japanese
    41. Amaterasu
    42. Susano - Susano did get redemption towards the end so that's why he's in Order.
    43. Raijin - you might be asking why is a demon who has a pet Raiju who eats children's belly in Order? Well, my answer would be, Buddha defeated Raijin and along with his brother Fujin, have them worked for heaven. So like Sun Wukong, he's basically a bad boy working for the good guys now.

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************

Chaos
    Greeks
    1. Hades
    2. Ares
    3. Medusa
    4. Arachne
    5. Scylla
    6. Thanatos
    7. Chronos

Norse
    8. Loki
    9. Fenrir
    10. Hel
    11. Ymir
    12. Fafnir
    13. Skadi - Skadi is a tricky one. She is an ice giant but didn't do much villainy aside from her revenge which she gave up for marriage with Njord. However, their marriage didn't work out and her being a giant has more reason to side with the bad guys than the good guys.

Chinese
    14. Ao Kuang
    15. Xing Tian - although an honorable man, he has beef with the Yellow Emperor, who is, a good guy for the Chinese. He has more reason to go bad.
    16. Daji

Egyptian
    17. Serqet - Serqet was said to protect Apophis who is one of the prime evils of Egyptian mythology.

Mayan
    18. Ah Puch
    19. Cabrakan
    20. Ah Muzen Cab
    21. Camazotz
    22. Hun Batz

Japanese
    23. Izanami
    24. Kuzenbo - Kappas are evil and Kuzenbo is likely to wage war against the gods

Wow. this is taking more time than I thought. I'll continue with the other pantheons later. Just looking at Egypt. Almost all of them are good guys. Well, not sure about Serqet. This is why we need Set? But then the Mayans has almost all bad guys. Still not enough though. The Mayans are very few in numbers.
    Last edited by LiamX; 08-17-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    How is Hades chaos he's the most fair and one of the nicer Greek gods. His only crime was not beating his little bro for cheaping him out on the deal the three made

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePebble02 View Post
    How is Hades chaos he's the most fair and one of the nicer Greek gods. His only crime was not beating his little bro for cheaping him out on the deal the three made
    Well, he did steal Persephone and was considered a terrifying god to most Greeks. TBH, I'm conflicted whether to put Poseidon in Chaos as well which is why you can see him at the end of my Greek list. But then again, Poseidon is an Olympian. Hades is not. Hades has more reason to go against Zeus and usurp Olympus.

Achievements:
    You compare the list between the brothers on fucked up stuff they did Hades is the shortest with Zues has his list rolled all the way to hell. And man if you think no feared Zues that's false.

Achievements:
    You compare the list between the brothers on fucked up stuff they did Hades is the shortest with Zues has his list rolled all the way to hell. And man if you think no feared Zues that's false.
    You obviously don't get Chaos and Order. Good and bad is an opinion. I mean different people has different values hence different definitions of what is good and what is bad. There are cases when good and bad is obvious like for example. Kindness is clearly good. Murder for no reason is clearly bad. There are times when it's a silver lining like killing someone to save another. So how do you determine who's good and who's bad in this game? Base on who is ruling the said civilization AND he's not oppressing or hated by his people. Hence why I put Xing Tian in the chaos list. Hades' case, it's the same.

Achievements:
    I judge them on being unfair and dealing unjust punishment for no reason. Chaos causes harm. Order protects. That's the baseline. And in the end Zues has harmed alot more innocents than hades deals with in a day

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,151
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Hebo is really sanitized from his ancient character in this game, even if he was humble in later incarnations... People were drowned as sacrifices to the god, and drowned girls were destined to become the god's brides. Horses, oxen, and other animals were drowned as offerings to the river god. And he would claim people with the rising waters of his river, or so people said.

He's considered an unpredictable force of nature, both benevolent and destructive. It alludes to the flood-prone lands of early Chinese civilization. It sounds chaotic, doesn't it?

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    If we were to classify Smite gods into Heroes and Villains Dota Style (like Sentinels and Scourge), which group do they belong?
    With Smite, it's kinda tricky since there are gods who'd fit into both or neither, but let's try our best.

I think this will be it.
    First, we start with...

Order
    Greeks
    1. Zeus
    2. Athena
    3. Apollo
    4. Artemis
    5. Aphrodite
    6. Chiron
    7. Nike
    8. Nemesis
    9. Poseidon

Norse
    10. Odin
    11. Thor
    12. Tyr
    13. Freya
    14. Ullr
    15. Ratatoskr
    16. Sol

Chinese
    17. Nuwa
    18. Guan Yu
    19. Erlang Shen
    20. He Bo
    21. Nezha
    22. Zhong Kui
    23. Jingwei
    24. Houyi - Houyi and Chang'e are yet another tricky ones. They have more reason to go bad but mostly because Chang'e decided to drink all of the Elixir of Immortality and they got separated for eternity because of that. On the other hand, they were still doing good deeds in spite of bad things happening to them.
    25. Chang'e - see Houyi
    26. Sun Wukong - yes, Sun Wukong is mischievous and does whatever he wants but he was defeated by Buddha and served good guy Xuanzang. He's basically a bad boy fighting with the good guys.

Chaos
    Greeks
    1. Hades
    2. Ares
    3. Medusa
    4. Arachne
    5. Scylla
    6. Thanatos
    7. Chronos

Norse
    8. Loki
    9. Fenrir
    10. Hel
    11. Ymir
    12. Fafnir
    13. Skadi - Skadi is a tricky one. She is an ice giant but didn't do much villainy aside from her revenge which she gave up for marriage with Njord. However, their marriage didn't work out and her being a giant has more reason to side with the bad guys than the good guys.

Chinese
    14. Ao Kuang
    15. Xing Tian - although an honorable man, he has beef with the Yellow Emperor, who is, a good guy for the Chinese. He has more reason to go bad.
    16. Daji

Wow. this is taking more time than I thought. I'll continue with the other pantheons later. Just looking at Egypt. Almost all of them are good guys. Well, not sure about Serqet. This is why we need Set? But then the Mayans has almost all bad guys. Still not enough though. The Mayans are very few in numbers.
    I dont consider Ares or Thanatos to be Choas gods.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Wow... Liam made a fun thread.

Also why the fuck do people use the phrase Fun Thread.. After I Did..

Should've trademarked it, and 200 gems for the usage rights

Nah I was just joking

Anyways, nice Thread Liam

I won't join in the Hades should be Order part that much, but I think Pebble is right, Hades only keeps the dead in check so things don't go chaotic.

[Size:10][Bold] I also think every Love Deity deserves to be Chaos, because Love brings discord. And almost Every story in Greek Mythology is always, when traced... Aphrodite's fault [/Bold] [/size]

I'll help you out with Egyptian, Celtic, and Roman. Also, I know you don't count Roman Existence, but why not?

Egyptian:
    Order:
    Ra
    Khepri
    Neith
    Osiris
    Isis
    Thoth - just cause he's associated with the dead doesn't mean he is chaos

Sobek's Smite lore states he is Neither BTW

Chaos: I don't really know Egyptian Mythology, so correct me
    Anhur (?)
    Bastet (?)
    Anubis
    Geb
    Serqet

Celtic:

Order:
    Cernunnos
    Cu Chulainn

Hated By Liam:
    Artio

Chaos:
    The Morrigan

Roman
    Order:
    Bellona
    Herc
    Janus
    Sylvanus
    Vulcan
    Mercury - Are thieves technically Chaos?
    Bacchus - He does have a bad habit of alcohol though
    Terra - She isn't evil. Unless in terms of defending her children the Titans. But they aren't in the game, so wtf not?

Chaos:
    Cupid
    Nox

Achievements:
    I judge them on being unfair and dealing unjust punishment for no reason. Chaos causes harm. Order protects. That's the baseline. And in the end Zues has harmed alot more innocents than hades deals with in a day
    WElll that's you're personal judgement.
    For me, it doesn't matter how many unfair punishment you did. There is no score like ok Zeus did an unfair punishment. So Hades 1, Zeus 0. That's basically your mindset.
    Mine is getting into the mind of gods. gods like Odin, Zeus, Ra, etc. They're automatically Order. So are purely good gods. gods who are purely evil are automatically Chaos. The fine line gets complicated on the ones in the middle. I don't use scores, I use the mindset of gods. Where they will likely side with.