View Poll Results: Should the system be erased?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

4 22.22%
  • No.

11 61.11%
  • I dont know.

1 5.56%
  • I hate it, but its better than nothing.

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should the reporting system be erased?

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered

Should the reporting system be erased?

It is abused by many, it has more of a corrosive effect on the game than benefit.

I think it should be erased and similar system as in other mobas should be implemented, if people leave a match you can leave aswell or stay and get bonuses.
    A game's highest priority should be to be enjoyable to play, smite fails heavy at that as it restricts its players in every possible way, smite is like a puzzle game where each puzzle must be laid out at the right moment else everything crubles and no enjoyment remains unless people go zen or something.

This could be easily resolved if people didnt feel obliged to stay, at the fear of being punished for even speaking wrong, thinking wrong, doing wrong.

So i think yes, it should be erased for good. It causes more harm than good.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    This is a stupid idea.

If there's no penalty I am literally leaving every game that fucking annoys me. I have 5000+ games played (I think I'd have to check) I can honestly say the games I've left are in the double digits...and easily below 50 games. Smite Guru use to show that number but it doesn't anymore. I would have less than a 0.01% leave rate and that's included real disconnects from internet outages or something.

No penalty though? I probably leave every game early.

And for the 100th time. FAKE REPORTS DON'T LEAD TO ANYTHING! You can be reported x1000 for something you never did, and you won't get punished. Everyone acts like they see a pop up saying you've been reported that the HiRez police is going to come to your door and take away your computer. 5000 matches, 1700 hours and I've never been banned. Why? Because I'm not a super huge dicklord who rages like a whiney brat because I called jungle and someone instant locked an assassin. You don't get banned unless you're truly doing something super ass worthy. I've seen people get banned, I'VE GOTTEN PEOPLE BANNED. Why? Because they went on an explicit rant using racial, homophobic and death threats because they didn't get their way. Those people were banned. I watched as the little pop up saying action has been taken against someone and went and checked their smite guru page and their smite history went form every day to being off for a week and then back to every day.

That'll get you banned. Basically what you say in game is what gets you banned. You don't say shit all match, and you played a normal game...meaning you didn't go 0-50 in ranked conquest or something stupid. Then you're golden. You'll never get banned. You do get punished for leaving games but that's less of a HiRez ban and just a game feature.

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Allowing people to leave unpenalized would be nice, but that only solves crappy games. It doesn't solve harassment like sexism, racism, etc. I know some people are sensitive and mute is an easy thing to use, but there are some things that just should not be said

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    No.

It works for me.

If someone is blatantly feeding, AFKing, or harrassing, they will be banned (I get the notification that an action has been taken frequently after I report a person)

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    No.

It works for me.

If someone is blatantly feeding, AFKing, or harrassing, they will be banned (I get the notification that an action has been taken frequently after I report a person)
    I dont understand how you still dont get it that means nothing except that they were given a warning.
    I was warned like 300-500 times already, and im still here.
    I quit games occasionally, i afk games at base even more often because i hate the boredom this game has turned into, and i wouldnt change my mind on that ever, even if it got me banned.

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ikilyou View Post
    I dont understand how you still dont get it that means nothing except that they were given a warning.
    I quit games occasionally, i afk games at base even more often because i hate the boredom this game has turned into, and i wouldnt change my mind on that ever, even if it got me banned.
    If we're gonna talk about that specifically, usually Mods have a code of conduct they most follow when they're more or less signing up for the job. This includes temporary bans for people committing offences that will gradually end up into a permaban if they continue. I'm sure the same might go for ingame depending on the infraction.

Point is, usually it takes a few months of just purposefully getting yourself banned until you might get the permaban at the end of it all. The reasoning for such a long, drawn out thing is to give everyone an equal opportunity to change or adjust their behavior, and also leaves a bit of wiggle room in case the ban wasn't justified.

New Member Cupidhead creepypotatoes's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 367
    I got banned for something I didn't do. Hirez didn't even look into the report before they banned me. Fantastic

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ikilyou View Post
    then nothing needs to be changed because it already doesn't do anything. The whole reason to propose to have it removed is that it was doing something negative... but since its doing (actually) nothing, then its more effort than its worth to remove it.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    I like how few months ago everyone was crying that the report system doesn't do anything and now people are crying that the same system is banning every single person in the game.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EnemaGod View Post
    I like how few months ago everyone was crying that the report system doesn't do anything and now people are crying that the same system is banning every single person in the game.
    You can have action taken against your account without the specific system you had in mind when you made this post.