Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hel Has No Ultimate But Nowhere Near as Broken as Artio

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePebble02 View Post
    Herc and tyr say hi to that no CC heal and damage
    Tyr isn't that hard to play adequately, but playing him WELL does require some skill.
    Herc is similar, except that his combo is harder to execute, as there's a delay before it goes off, requires two skills, and you have to land the pull exactly. Against people who know what they're doing, they can simply sidestep or step towards you, and all it'll do is plunk them for a tiny bit of damage.

And compared to Artio, Tyr and Herc have very little CC. Tyr has a push, a knockup, and a slow. Herc has a pull/knockup, and a push/stun.
    Artio has two slows, a root, an aoe cripple, and an aoe stun. She has as much cc as the two of them COMBINED. And two heals, one of which affects her teammates.

Artio's kit is bloated. The ONLY thing she lacks is a big burst-damage ult. She has everything else anyone could ever need. Solid damage, huge sustain, tankiness, and a boatload of CC. Something has to give.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RatGirl View Post
    Artio has two slows, a root, an aoe cripple, and an aoe stun and two heals, one of which affects her teammates.
    Yes on paper she sounds very OP but in reality she's just strong.
    She use cripple? Speard out VVVX. You know that she's going to use her druid 1 to heal? VVVX. She use her druid 3 to slow and root? VVVX.
    BTW her druid 3 healing is kinda lame and her druid 1 healing allies only if they are in 55 range of you which isn't always the case.
    Her 2nd slow (dash) is more of chase enemy or escape. I wouldn't count on it as a reliable slow because it's also easy to juke it.
    Last edited by Wefal; 08-15-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wefal View Post
    Yes on paper she sounds very OP but in reality she's just strong.
    She use cripple? Speard out VVVX. You know that she's going to use her druid 1 to heal? VVVX. She use her druid 3 to slow and root? VVVX.
    BTW her druid 3 healing is kinda lame and her druid 1 healing allies only if they are in 55 range of you which isn't always the case.
    Her 2nd slow (bear dash) is more of chase enemy target. I wouldn't count on it as a reliable slow.
    Because everyone is always able to just spread all over the place in every given fight, right? Lanes don't exist, teamfights around the fire giant or gold fury don't exist, fights in the jungle don't exist, CC that locks people in place doesn't exist...

You're arguing a "best case scenario" for everything in order to deal with her. You're not always going to have the luxury of everyone spreading out into a large area to deal with Artio's copious amount of CC and presence. And if you think her bear dash isn't a viable slow, then you clearly aren't using it properly. I use rollout on Geb to slow people all the damn time, and his has a much slower activation time.

Artio, as she is, brings too much to any fight she's in. She has too much sustain, too much CC, and too much presence. I honestly don't think any god could effectively compete against her as a solo laner, and she brings a lot more to teamfights than most warriors do, so she'll have more of an impact when she rotates.

So yeah, just saying "herp derp, spread out" isn't a viable counter. You're not always ABLE to. If your team scatters the moment Artio shows up, you're going to be throwing a lot of games due to lost teamfights.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Because everyone is always able to just spread all over the place in every given fight, right? Lanes don't exist, teamfights around the fire giant or gold fury don't exist, fights in the jungle don't exist, CC that locks people in place doesn't exist...

You're arguing a "best case scenario" for everything in order to deal with her. You're not always going to have the luxury of everyone spreading out into a large area to deal with Artio's copious amount of CC and presence. And if you think her bear dash isn't a viable slow, then you clearly aren't using it properly. I use rollout on Geb to slow people all the damn time, and his has a much slower activation time.

Artio, as she is, brings too much to any fight she's in. She has too much sustain, too much CC, and too much presence. I honestly don't think any god could effectively compete against her as a solo laner, and she brings a lot more to teamfights than most warriors do, so she'll have more of an impact when she rotates.

So yeah, just saying "herp derp, spread out" isn't a viable counter. You're not always ABLE to. If your team scatters the moment Artio shows up, you're going to be throwing a lot of games due to lost teamfights.
    Not sure what you think when I said scatter...
    Having a space between you and allies is a strategic management, not some "only way to counter Artio" thing. No, you dont have to be in 1000 units away, aura range is more than enough. And yes you can maintain it easily.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wefal View Post
    Not sure what you think when I said scatter...
    Having a space between you and allies is a strategic management, not some "only way to counter Artio" thing. No, you dont have to be in 1000 units away, aura range is more than enough. And yes you can maintain it easily.
    If you're spreading out enough that Artio is only able to affect 1-2 people at a time, it means your team is spread out enough that individuals can be CC'd and picked off without the rest of the team able to effectively counter. Not everyone has long range. If you spread out, and the enemy team has, say, Ymir as their support, a wall is going to split your team in half, and you'll lose the objective, the teamfight, or both. Sometimes you HAVE to cluster up in order to deal with certain situations. Also, she's tanky enough to charge into the backline and harass squishy targets (the people who are probably providing most of your damage) out of the fight, leaving the rest of them for her team.

Again, your argument is "no no, you can always assume you'll have the best possible solution to countering this one god". Which isn't the case at all.

The simple fact is that her kit is bloated and overpowered right now. She's going to get nerfed, it's just a matter of how long Hirez takes to get around to doing it.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points

Also, this guy is suggesting you use 3 CCs on Artio each time she uses her skills. If that isn't OP then this person most likely has an agenda to keep her OP.
    Let's look at other gods. How do you stop Ares? Use beads. That's 1 relic.
    How do you stop Hercules? Use anti-heals. At least 2 will do.
    3 CC which you can use 2 of them for an adc or a mage, no don't do that, use it all on Artio. On top of that, having a team that has 3 CCs that can stop her is below 50%.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    You say it as if 80% of the abilities in this game don't have some sort of CC tied to them

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePebble02 View Post
    You say it as if 80% of the abilities in this game don't have some sort of CC tied to them
    Fact of the matter is, I've had teams where there are no CCs at all. And we're talking about CCs that can stop her like stun. Pulls don't count since I've been playing Sobek against her and when I use my pluck, she just pops up her root and I get canceled.

And also, do you agree with me that wasting all the teams CC on her is making her OP as she is?

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Fact of the matter is, I've had teams where there are no CCs at all. And we're talking about CCs that can stop her like stun. Pulls don't count since I've been playing Sobek against her and when I use my pluck, she just pops up her root and I get canceled.

And also, do you agree with me that wasting all the teams CC on her is making her OP as she is?
    I think you mean she pops up her cripple, cuz her root takes 5 ticks of damage to pop up. No way she can do that to counter Sobek's pluck unless she's already been using it on you before you even start and you make the dumb choice to try and pluck right before you get rooted.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    No because normal comps are so saturated with CC that everyone gets CC'd 5 times over and there's still some left over. If the game wasn't so saturated with it then yes I would agree