Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Artio isn't OP, she's just strong

  1. #51
    Member Worshipper Quelthos01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    296
    3
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    4
    Artio has a little too much, for sure. I love playing her, and the incoming nerfs are all good changes. I think she could stand to lose a little more beyond that - likely some of the CC on her 3 needs to go - but we'll see how the nerfs play out. No matter what changes are made, though, she is going to remain a strong pick for two reasons that I see: 1) her stun/cripple combo counters so many players who have lax positioning and expect to get away on their leap/dash maneuvers, and 2) we haven't seen a tanky stance switcher like this, someone who is able to stay in fights for so long while using so many abilities. We have Tyr, but he has an ult, so he's really just swapping on two abilities, and Hel/Ullr can't engage your team directly for so long (though I just played a Conquest recently against a Hel who almost carried her team with 50k+ damage and 23k healing, in spite of all our anti-heals, ugh). Artio fills up the stat sheet like nobody I've played - it's not difficult right now to lead games in damage dealt and mitigated by wide margins, simply because of how much presence you bring to the playing field.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Kumba, Xing Tian, Bastet, Medusa, Skadi, Anubis, Chang'e

    I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.

  2. #52
    The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Patting ALL the lolis :3
    Posts
    2,564
    10
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    most stupid argument i've ever read...

    how can it help against someone who can survive alone against 4 ppl, while being chain cc'ed and take a fuckload of damage, and still can kill someone at the same time? did you ever read my post?
    Because if you git gud, you don't all stack in a group and let her get a ton of healing off her 1.

    If you don't let her get a ton of healing off her 1, she has only the 4 seconds of 50 prots from her bear 2 and 6 seconds of -25% power from her druid 2 to keep her from being like literally any other god with the same items.

    Her bear 2 is mitigated by the fact you're likely stunned for 35% of the duration of the buff anyway. While her druid 2 is mitigated by not standing the fuck next to her.

    Outside that, she drops like anyone else. She doesn't have any iframes to dodge damage. She doesn't have any CC immunity (So you can interrupt her 3, you can lock her down so she can't stick in range of her druid 2, you can prevent her from using Bracers (Likely the REAL reason why she's able to do all this crazy shit people are talking about... That's how I managed to get a triple while diving a tower on her in assault, not because of the god, but because I used Med and Bracer effectively against targets with no lockdown)).

    Like, I've played her a bit more and really, her only real innate tankiness comes from cleaving 2+ people with her 1. Without that, she just drops like any other bruiser guardian.

    So yeah, git gud, and don't let her barely-better-than-melee-range 1 cleave on half your team...

    Quote Originally Posted by Quelthos01 View Post
    2) we haven't seen a tanky stance switcher like this, someone who is able to stay in fights for so long while using so many abilities. We have Tyr, but he has an ult, so he's really just swapping on two abilities
    Well, Tyr before the nerfs to his power cleave was basically current Artio. Sure, he didn't have quite so many abilities (Really, just using 4 abilities and his ult rather than Artio's 6 without an ult). However, he was similarly tanky, when he'd run in and heal himself a ton from multiple hit power cleaves. He'd often build a ton of CDR too and so would be spamming his skills like crazy to boot (With all the CC that came with it... The push from Fearless and the knock up from power cleave... All day every day...) and then he had his CC immune ult as a panic button to ensure his escape (Especially with a wall nearby).

    He's not so dominant now that his power cleave is capped to 3 targets max for healing. As it makes both his laning and his "Get all up in 1v5 situations" ability weaker.
    Last edited by Relanah; 08-15-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

    We need more kawaii skins!

  3. #53
    Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,468
    10
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Because if you git gud, you don't all stack in a group and let her get a ton of healing off her 1.

    If you don't let her get a ton of healing off her 1, she has only the 4 seconds of 50 prots from her bear 2 and 6 seconds of -25% power from her druid 2 to keep her from being like literally any other god with the same items.

    Her bear 2 is mitigated by the fact you're likely stunned for 35% of the duration of the buff anyway. While her druid 2 is mitigated by not standing the fuck next to her.

    Outside that, she drops like anyone else. She doesn't have any iframes to dodge damage. She doesn't have any CC immunity (So you can interrupt her 3, you can lock her down so she can't stick in range of her druid 2, you can prevent her from using Bracers (Likely the REAL reason why she's able to do all this crazy shit people are talking about... That's how I managed to get a triple while diving a tower on her in assault, not because of the god, but because I used Med and Bracer effectively against targets with no lockdown)).

    Like, I've played her a bit more and really, her only real innate tankiness comes from cleaving 2+ people with her 1. Without that, she just drops like any other bruiser guardian.

    So yeah, git gud, and don't let her barely-better-than-melee-range 1 cleave on half your team...
    we didn't stack in one place, we had 3 ranged gods, so the only one in melee range was our tank. but she just got all our damage(Anubis ult was on cd, but she got my ult at least) and stay alive after my ult+ Anubis 2+3+1 combo and Izamani 2+aa with her steroid. and she was able to get away, so we had to chase her, chain cc her again with Terra root she get out by her dash, Izanami ult and Anubis stun again, and only then we killed her, by losing Anubis btw, she killed him before her own death.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

  4. #54
    Senior Member Chosen RatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,856
    9
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    10
    I'm really tired of the argument of "she doesn't have an ult, that means having tons of other strong abilities is fine". No, it's really not.

    When you have a guardian with:
    Mobility
    AOE instant stun
    AOE instant cripple that moves with her and lasts for 6 seconds
    Defense shred (not just personal, but for anyone hitting that person)
    Group heal
    Self-heal that slows and ultimately roots the target
    Protection buff
    Power debuff
    Mana sustain
    Move buff

    It's too much, and it makes her kit feel extremely bloated. Sure, she doesn't have an ult, but claiming "that means she's not as impactful during a teamfight" is ridiculous. Look at Geb's ult, for instance. It's a 1-second aoe stun that deals a decent chunk of damage. But that's his ULT. Artio has a 1.4 second aoe stun that's on a 14s base cooldown AND it buffs her protections, making her much tankier. Sure, hers doesn't do damage, but...so?

    She's not just "strong", she's actually into the realm of being overpowered. Is she MASSIVELY op? No, but she IS overpowered. She has too much cc, too much durability, and too much sustain. Something has to give.

    And to the person bringing up Cabrakan as though he's somehow far stronger? Single target stun, small aoe stun (assuming it's fully stacked), ground pound, and a moderate-damage ult that creates a wall like Ymir's, but it can be shattered. Compare that to all the abilities Artio has. It's no comparison. The only thing Cab has over her is that he does a good chunk more damage.

    Artio's damage isn't huge, but if it were, she'd be so broken it would be ridiculous. She deals a decent amount of damage, and has far too much sustain and cc. She needs some tweaking.

  5. #55
    Member Worshipper Wefal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    276
    5
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    we didn't stack in one place, we had 3 ranged gods, so the only one in melee range was our tank. but she just got all our damage(Anubis ult was on cd, but she got my ult at least) and stay alive after my ult+ Anubis 2+3+1 combo and Izamani 2+aa with her steroid. and she was able to get away, so we had to chase her, chain cc her again with Terra root she get out by her dash, Izanami ult and Anubis stun again, and only then we killed her, by losing Anubis btw, she killed him before her own death.
    I'm rank 8 with Artio and pretty good with her. I had games where enemy team dealt with me like every guardian support. I wasn't immortal, I couldn't tank the whole enemy team then dash away as you put it. That's why I know Artio is not as OP as you people make her seem.
    She's a new release, players need to adjust how to play against her and the fact that she's a strong release just makes the learning curve steeper.

    I had many games where if enemy team or even just adc/solo/mid target me they were a threat and I had to back.
    Stop making Artio some immortal being that can tank 5 gods + titan + Elohim + your mother, get triple kill and dash away on rainbow like nothing.

  6. #56
    Banned Honoured ikilyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    631
    1
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankahet View Post
    Can do the same thing with Cabrakan, Bacchus and Geb. Invalid.
    You again, mr/mrs brainless person.
    How hard it is to understand that you cant compare her to cabrakan, bacchus etc?
    They have long cast single abilities, they take time to land and people can aegis or beads or use other escapes while expecting these abilities will be used.

    On the other hand, artio's damage comes bit by bit over time, none of it can be evaded, so beads, sanctuary, everything is useless.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Kansas, United States
    Posts
    4,699
    15
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by ikilyou View Post
    You again, mr/mrs brainless person.
    How hard it is to understand that you cant compare her to cabrakan, bacchus etc?
    They have long cast single abilities, they take time to land and people can aegis or beads or use other escapes while expecting these abilities will be used.

    On the other hand, artio's damage comes bit by bit over time, none of it can be evaded, so beads, sanctuary, everything is useless.
    Blink Cabrakan is almost unavoidable.


    Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

  8. #58
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Lakedaemonios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    67
    3
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wefal View Post
    I'm rank 8 with Artio and pretty good with her.

    And thats pretty much the entire truth behind the spirit of the Original Poster's argument, and of the argument of those who advocate for unbalanced aspects of the game: personal interest.

    People who play the overpowered/unbalanced things dont want them to be nerfed... its not rocket science to figure it out.

  9. #59
    Banned Honoured ikilyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    631
    1
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    Blink Cabrakan is almost unavoidable.
    Incorrect, if you know you are up against a cabrakan you can expect it, plus if you buy Bracer of undoing there goes most of his damage as long you find a way to use it.

    The issue with artio she doesnt require thought, she is all about spamming her stuff into the enemy team, repeatedly, infinitely, and she benefits on every turn, this is fundamentally against what smite is about, tactical presight.

    So what do you do with artio? she can dash to you from the other side of the lane, and cc stun damage chain you. Even if she just walks up to you to poke you a bit she already gets more than enough benefit for it by pushing you out of lane.

    And she can do this with several people because the usual tactics of groupping on gods does not work here.
    The only way to kill her is to stay apart and damage her, but tell me how can people stay apart if half of them must go in range while she can dash to you from afar, or away. She's just bad design, either her dash needs to be shorter range, or her protections and damage has to be reduced.
    Last edited by ikilyou; 08-15-2017 at 06:09 PM.

  10. #60
    Member Worshipper Wefal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    276
    5
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakedaemonios View Post
    And thats pretty much the entire truth behind the spirit of the Original Poster's argument, and of the argument of those who advocate for unbalanced aspects of the game: personal interest.
    People who play the overpowered/unbalanced things dont want them to be nerfed... its not rocket science to figure it out.
    You insult me. I mentioned my rank with Artio to show that I actually know what I'm talking about and not some cry baby who get rekt by new god and instead of learning how to play against her (like every new god), they just shout ARTIO OP NERF NOOBIO.

    I would even go beyond that, I WANT her to get "nerfs" (balances) as I mentioned in my opening post, which I won't repeat here again.

    Quote Originally Posted by ikilyou View Post
    Incorrect, if you know you are up against a cabrakan you can expect it, plus if you buy Bracer of undoing there goes most of his damage as long you find a way to use it.

    The issue with artio she doesnt require thought, she is all about spamming her stuff into the enemy team, repeatedly, infinitely, and she benefits on every turn, this is fundamentally against what smite is about, tactical presight.

    So what do you do with artio? she can dash to you from the other side of the lane, and cc stun damage chain you. Even if she just walks up to you to poke you a bit she already gets more than enough benefit for it by pushing you out of lane.

    And she can do this with several people because the usual tactics of groupping on gods does not work here.
    The only way to kill her is to stay apart and damage her, but tell me how can people stay apart if half of them must go in range while she can dash to you from afar, or away. She's just bad design, either her dash needs to be shorter range, or her protections and damage has to be reduced.
    Ok first of all, lose all the "if this and if that". You can never expect blink attack.
    Secondly, Artio doesn't require thought? Just spam her stuffs? I'm kinda speechless. Did you even played with her? Beucase if you did and tried to play like braindead spammer I guarantee you - you will die mercilessly.
    Thirdly, I support the dash length as right now it's ridiculously long. But again you say she can take on few gods together? Then Git Gud and spread out, dont all stack infront of her like logs or target dummies, like you wouldn't do against ANY god with aoe/cleave attack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •