Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Artio isn't OP, she's just strong

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Artio isn't OP, she's just strong

I don't get all this hate on Artio. She's no OP at all, just very strong guardian. And she's not the only strong guardian about 90% of all guardians are beasts.

She has "ton" of CC? Well...she is a STANCE SHIFTER GUARDIAN. Just like Hel, Ullr and Tyr are beasts.
    What do you want her to be? Just meatshield? Guardians need CC, that's their original purpose, to control the enemy crowd. Don't forget she has no game changing ult like most guardians or CC immunity.

You complain about her healing? Buy anti heal, just like you would do against Hel, Chang'e, Aphro, Sylv or just because that annoying Freya has ton of lifesteal. Saying her healing is OP is outright stupidity of not counter building.

Her dmg is just fine. Again, many guardians can deal alot of dmg even if not building bruiser so why you complain about her? Because she's new release.

The only real problems I see with Artio after playing her above rank 8 are the following:
    1) Dash length: Need shorter range. Dont complain about its dmg or slow, it's easy to juke it.
    2) Cripple duration: Shorter duration (to 4s or even 2s) and reduce the power debuff (to 10-15%?)
    Optional 3) Life Tap: reduce its width. Don't forget you need to hit all 5 hits to actually root someone.

I had alot of games when ally or myself played Artio against people who did/didn't know how to play against her and they/we completely wrecked us/them. Same goes for enemy Artio.

So stop complaining about her because Hirez know that they need to tune her down abit which is what they do, next patch she already get CD increase to her dmg source. Hoping next patches she will get the above balanced I mentioned. But until then, build anti heal, bait her cripple/stun and when she try to escape - use your lockdown skill if you have one. ATM you need to play smart around her like you wouldn't go near Ymir before baiting his freeze and his line attack.

Side note:
    I'm not over-defending Artio, I'm just afraid that Hirez will listen to the wrong player base and nerf her so much that she will become trash. I love Artio, she's one of my favorite guardians but I agree she needs to see some balances, just not that much as players make it seem.
    Last edited by Wefal; 08-15-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead MutzThaPrah's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I don't think she's THAT bad either, just really prominent.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    funny fact, i played against her today, all def she had was void stone and she was still impossible to kill and wreck ppl in seconds. not OP, yeah...
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    funny fact, i played against her today, all def she had was void stone and she was still impossible to kill and wreck ppl in seconds. not OP, yeah...
    Git Gud.

/10char

Joke aside, you can't just throw this statement and expect us to nod in agreement and say "uh uh (rata voice) she is op".
    There are so many variables: Which gods each team had? Players level of gameplay? Builds? Did they fight like scrubs dying 1by1 or grouped together?...
    Last edited by Wefal; 08-13-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wefal View Post
    Git Gud.

/10char

Joke aside, you can't just throw this statement and expect us to nod in agreement and say "uh uh (rata voice) she is op".
    There are so many variables: Which gods each team had? Players level of gameplay? Builds? Did they fight like scrubs dying 1by1 or grouped together?...
    I will say "uh huh, she is OP" in agreement to Baka. She tower-dived at level 6, nearly-killed my ally who was a guardian who was around 70% health previously and was still able to get out of the tower and they were around the same level.
    Last edited by LiamX; 08-13-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'm fine with the nerfs, but I don't consider her dps strong like everyone else seems to think. Other guards do the same amount of damage, if not more. She's only good because of her CC.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Epeen's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    She needs to be toned down a bit, everyone pretty much knows that. I have her but I'm not going to use her until that happens.

Her early game is a joke. Last match I had against her I was playing Jing in duo with Ares and we fed heavily in the first ten minutes. I managed to kill their Artemis one time but It was pretty much game over after that. I just look at her kit and laugh at this point.

Hi-rez always releases gods op. I remember when gods like Guan Yu and Bakasura were literally unstoppable. There's no point in trying to crusade against a nerf because it's easy mode with her right now, it will happen regardless.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Too strong means she is going to get nerfs.

Every kit should be unique but one kit should never be blatantly better than any other.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    People say her heal is sooooo strong. I don't see it. I tried so many item combos and I can barely get any health back. I take the whole wave with her 3 and get like a 1/3 of my health back. Is that it? Is that the game breaking heal I was expecting a 90% restoration

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I don't get what other people are complaining about.

Playing against her, she's never seemed that bad. Like, nothing special damagewise, her CC has never felt overpowering (Especially considering she lacks an ult... Not like she's Cabrakan walking around with 2 stuns, his stupid Tremors and an ult that literally walls people off) and she's never felt more tanky than any other guardian (Even without anti-heal) - Well, unless you stack up for her 1 to cleave onto a ton of gods, but that's not a god issue (It's like saying "Goobis is OP!!" because if your team stands in a line infront of him while he ults, he outheals your damage and murders you all...)

Playing AS her, similar story. She has some nice basic abilities. But that's about it. Nothing to write home about.

Not having an ult is pretty significant though. You have guardians like Ares, Bacchus, Cabrakan, Fafnir, Geb, Khepri, Kumbha, Sylvanus, Terra and Xing whom all have very impactful ults that are are primary reason for taking them, they're big, they shape games and they can decide teamfights.

The guardians whom don't have said big ults, have strong basics (Athena with her Taunt, Ganesha with his silence, Brobek with his pluck, Ymir with his entire set of basics) that can easily provide big swings by initiating or counter-initiating incredibly well.

Artio has... None of those. No ult at all, let alone a big playmaker one. No playmaker style basics either (At best she can lock down someone who dives into her team with Bear 2 > Druid 3 + 2)

Really it just comes down to her cripple lasting too long (Compared to Ares' chains that need to be timed well and only works on 1 target for the full ~6-10 seconds and are his only form of CC outside of his ult...) and her being a bit more bruiser-y because she has 4 damaging basic abilities.

The former is a case of, well, tone down that cripple (Or remove it... Makes no sense why its there to be honest). The latter is a case of the git guds.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!