Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: All Apollo Wants is a Bow. Give it To Him Hirez. Please, I'm Begging You!!

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points

All Apollo Wants is a Bow. Give it To Him Hirez. Please, I'm Begging You!!

So, I was in a conquest game as Apollo. Two guys autolocked. One was Rama and the other one was Hou Yi. So I said, wtf, I want to play Apollo today so you can't make me choose another god. Yes, 3 hunters. It wasn't a problem though since we won that game anyway. Rama and Hou Yi demolished their lane as if Neith and Terra were their target practice. I wasn't doing bad myself.

But the look on Apollo's eyes when Rama and Hou Yi graced with their awesome bows.
    Rama was like: "Hey Apollo, aren't you the god of archery? Where's your bow? You could join me and Hou Yi. We're going hunting. We'll bring your sister Artemis as well."
    Then Apollo replied: "Sorry Rama, I would really love to join but Hirez didn't give me a bow."

So Apollo watches Hou Yi, Rama and Artemis have fun hunting stuffs with their bow and arrow while he sits on the sidelines, sad thinking where he went wrong.

If you care for kittens and puppies and everything nice. If you care about a good guy wanting a bow for Christmas, please give him one. PLEASE!!!

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran

bitch wut
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    give the kid what he wants, bows for everyone

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Well, Okay, This me not biased to you Liam, because, now you have a decent argument.

I can slightly respect that, but Apollo is too awesome and cocky, and narcissistic to actually say that.

Well, all I can say is... Try to make a god and skin concepts for an Apollo with a bow

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I have something to tell you. Apollo wasn;t just the god of hunting compared to Artemis; if people looked for hunting worship, they looked more to Artemis, For fun and enjoyment Apollo.

I fail to see what's even wrong with his...solar-flare finger guns. I find them a nice spin that ties in nicely with his playful personality and design. He's not meant to be a serious god and his weapon's design merely exemplifies it.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    I have something to tell you. Apollo wasn;t just the god of hunting compared to Artemis;
    Emm, He was never the god of hunting in the first place, but, Archery?
    Yeah
    if people looked for hunting worship, they looked more to Artemis, For fun and enjoyment Apollo.

I fail to see what's even wrong with his...solar-flare finger guns. I find them a nice spin that ties in nicely with his playful personality and design. He's not meant to be a serious god and his weapon's design merely exemplifies it.
    Well, Liam thinks it's lore inaccurate lmao.

But I mean Apollo already has the Sun Chariot in his hands, which is like the ultimate chick magnet. He doesn't need a bow, or then he'd be too busy flirting with female girls. At least with Across The Sky his swag isn't permanent, only when riding his chariot.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    I have something to tell you. Apollo wasn;t just the god of hunting compared to Artemis; if people looked for hunting worship, they looked more to Artemis, For fun and enjoyment Apollo.

nope nope, you're forgetting that Apollo is also the god of archery. Artemis is the goddess of hunting. Two different things.
    And Sissyum I thought you said you were an expert in Greek mythology? Why did you not know that?!

Also, I think you're influenced by that movie Percy Jackson. The real mythology Apollo, although, cheerful and energetic, is more serious. Which is why people often times contrast him with Dionysus, god of wine. But I have no problem with how Smite portrays his personality. Just that he needs a bow because he's the god of archery. Notice how I repeated god of archery.
    Last edited by LiamX; 08-12-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Yes he was a god of archery but to him it was as relivent as posiden being the god of earthquakes. He was driver of the sun chariot and god of medicine first

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePebble02 View Post
    Yes he was a god of archery but to him it was as relivent as posiden being the god of earthquakes. He was driver of the sun chariot and god of medicine first

LoL. No. His being the god of archery was very relevant. You are very welcome to site proof otherwise (which I know you can't).

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    All I had to do was Wiki Apollo.

Apollo (Attic, Ionic, and Homeric Greek: Ἀπόλλων, Apollōn (GEN Ἀπόλλωνος); Doric: Ἀπέλλων, Apellōn; Arcadocypriot: Ἀπείλων, Apeilōn; Aeolic: Ἄπλουν, Aploun; Latin: Apollō) is one of the most important and complex of the Olympian deities in classical Greek and Roman religion and Greek and Roman mythology. The ideal of the kouros (a beardless, athletic youth), Apollo has been variously recognized as a god of music, truth and prophecy, healing, the sun and light, plague, poetry, and more. Apollo is the son of Zeus and Leto, and has a twin sister, the chaste huntress Artemis. Apollo is known in Greek-influenced Etruscan mythology as Apulu.[1]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo

Edit: According to the Wiki, it was the Roman version of Apollo that potentially had a bow and his name was Phoebus. Seeing as how ours is represented in the Greek Pantheon, I'd say he's accurate in using a Lyre.
    Last edited by RamenFrog; 08-13-2017 at 12:17 AM.