Thread: Southeast Asia Server problems

New Member Cupidhead SkykiritoXH's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Angry Unanswered: Southeast Asia Server problems

Smite has introduced the Southeast Asia server[SEA] for quite some time now, and it works just like other servers. But if you ask some players that played in sea for a while, they can surely tell you that this server is broken. In this post, im just trying to point out what problems that sea players is experiencing.

1.Ranked problems

Ranked in sea is impossible to happen due to the small active population. If you go to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_b26j1vQyA , u can see how crazy sea server is. Even if u get a match, u are most likely to see some extremely good players, those who plays in sea competitive league like itscustard, parad1ddle. Because it is so hard to play sea ranked, these extremely good players and extremely poor players like me are all stuck in bronze to plat, which further reduces fun in ranked. They will be stomping people, and i will surrender at 10. For ranked duel, the queue time is better but the same problem happens in duel.

I really want to play in ranked to get the ranked rewards, but i can never get it if i keep losing to those good players. Some of you might think that I am just bad at this game but i dont think silver players can rotate and farm so efficiently.

2.matchmaking

Owing to the small population, queuing casuals in sea takes time. Im ok with that, but after waiting for 30 minutes for a joust game and get a player level 6 in my team when i am level 89, i am not ok. I just wasted 10 minutes watching my teammate getting killed by archers. I would rather wait longer to get a quality match. Moreover, you have a very great chance that u will meet the same enemy over and over again. Maybe hirez can add a button to choose whether i want a badly-matched game quick or a good one that take longer time.

This brings a really bad effect in sea community as it hinders newbie to try and get use to the game. You cant expect a newbie to stay around and get defeated by good players instantly every game. It is just not fun, for the high-end players and the newbies.

3.Clash/Siege/Assault(i forget if there is other like this)

I found it weird that u cannot play clash, siege and assault in sea. Hirez has decided that you will match with NA players even if u selected sea server for the three gamemodes stated above. Some quests require players to win in those gamemodes, but sea player just cant. You just have to be very good if u are playing in NA server with 300+ ping. You cant hit anything with that ping. You will just be a feeder with that amount of ping.

In general, i have a decision to make everytime i open smite. Do i want to have bad teammates and good ping or good teammates and bad ping. After thinking this for a while, i cant seem to arrive with any good solution. Maybe some people at the forums can tell me what i can do. Sorry for my bad English and hope you find this post little interesting. Remember to try to play in sea if u dont believe me.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,104
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Yes, 100% agree.

Ranked in SEA/Oceania(so I've heard) is a nightmare. Queues take years.

In Casuals Arena has, I think, the shortest average queue yet it still goes to 4+ minutes even in the afternoon/evening at prime time. In off hours Arena can take up to 15 minutes for a match.

Matchmaking is terrible, every 2-3 games I find someone who has under 100 FP (so under level 15) and is clearly a newbie. 80% of my games is 1) me and my team stomp 2) enemy stomp us. Neither is all that fun.

Rollups is the worst thing to happen to Smite. I can't ever play Assault, Clash, or Siege, nor can I play any MOTD except Omni/Cooldown (because even before Rollup I'd go to NA for faster queue on those MOTDS, but only those modes are worth 300 ping torture, nothing else is.).

And that's completely unfair. I'm waiting here for Hirez to realize maybe 3% of players actually play the Rolledup modes. Unless you have the ability to see the future you can't compete at all.

Extranote: Scylla is cancer above 200 ping let alone 300. Crush has 2 second + delay, Sic-em hits nobody, even people with T2 boots can walk out of your ult, your 3 has a 2 second+ delay to escape. And everything but the kitchen sink will hit you even if you're not in range. Lots of fun.

-----

I may have the benefit of being on EU servers when my college starts, but not everyone is that lucky, and it's completely unfair to my fellow SEA players (Oceania too).
    Last edited by Lyralis; 08-12-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    How Much I Love Scylla: 9,789
    Level: 117/160
    IGN: Eirá

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Junior Member Cupidhead GugumusAsGods's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Achievements:
    just move to the real world, like america idiot

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,104
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GugumusAsGods View Post
    just move to the real world, like america idiot
    I can see why you got banned.

In case you didn't know, mentally challenged person, half the f***ing world lives in Asia. America has 1/20th the World's population, if anything Asia is the real world.

As well as one of the biggest communities of MOBA fans (albeit mostly LoL).
    How Much I Love Scylla: 9,789
    Level: 117/160
    IGN: Eirá

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

New Member Cupidhead farhanisraqayon's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Achievements:
    totally agree...... Hi rez do something about it