Thread: New item- Power Blades (4th) Charge type

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

New item- Power Blades (4th) Charge type

In my opinion Smite keeps on taking out anything powerful. It may keep the playing field fare, but it keeps Smite predictable and boring. Any long term players should know what i'm talking about (hastened fatalis.) Even if Smite doesn't take it seriously. I hope I can inspire you to be creative and think of the potential Smite has. Raw power items are the bare bones of any rpg, but Smite has little options for warriors, assassins, and hunters. (Not counting crit. Rpg players know it's a passive.)

I added two elements that I believe would be awesome in Smite. Negative stats would be worth it if the power compensation was enough. Charged weapons would also be an interesting element to strategy. Smite could also consider making their weapon glow to reflect it. It would be an awesome visual effect, warn players, and let others know their weapons are charged.

Tier 1- Skittish
    A short grey blade with a white tip.

Stats
    Power: 20
    Cost: 700

Tier 2- Static charge
    A one sided short green blade.

Stats
    Power: 20
    attack speed: 5%
    Cost: 1700
    Any hit on an enemy god raises power by 10 and stacks 5 times. After 5 stacks the power resets and lose stacks.

Tier 3- Resurgence
    A one sided long green blade with blue static.

Stats
    Power: 0
    attack speed: -20%
    Cost 3250
    Any hit on an enemy god raises power by 15, increases attack speed by 5%, and stacks 10 times. After 10 stacks the power resets and lose stacks.
    Last edited by xcase19zero; 08-11-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Junior Member Senior Minion KyoBF48's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Tier 3- Resurgence

Stats
    Cost 3250
    Any hit on an enemy god raises power by 15, increases attack speed by 5%, and stacks 10 times. After 10 stacks the power resets and lose stacks.

Interesting. But I think the item should offer some stat for the player while he's not in combat. And then, the stacks can reduce it's value.

Tier 3- Resurgence

Stats
    Penetration: 20
    Cost 3250
    Any hit on an enemy god raises power by 15, increases attack speed by 5%, and reduces 2 penetration per stack and stacks 10 times. After 10 stacks the power resets and lose stacks.
    Zhong Kui's Health > Erlang Shen, Amaterasu, Ravana, Sobek, Sun Wukong, Cu Chulainn, Tyr, Nike and Odin's Health
    Cernunnos and Ullr's Health > Tyr, Nike and Odin's Health

WTF Hirez
    These stats doesn't make any sense!
    Ullr and Cernunnos are Warriors? Zhong is a Guardian?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoBF48 View Post
    Interesting. But I think the item should offer some stat for the player while he's not in combat. And then, the stacks can reduce it's value.

Tier 3- Resurgence

Stats
    Penetration: 20
    Cost 3250
    Any hit on an enemy god raises power by 15, increases attack speed by 5%, and reduces 2 penetration per stack and stacks 10 times. After 10 stacks the power resets and lose stacks.
    I like the idea. However, this weapon has a very fine balance between being the weakest and yet the most deadly weapon in Smite. A non combat passive could help ease transition, but it may make it outshine other powerblades or offensive choices. The anti speed helps players compete early, but the bounce back makes them think twice. Pen would make them too offensive early game, and players utilizing this will not focus as much as they should on stacking.
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...God#post839047

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...t-Nameless-God

All gods have potential. Strategy should be above skill. Cordination above solo play.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 570
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    It's kind of an all or nothing item I like the thinking outside the square. How does it reset exactly? You need to get in a few hits while fully stacked right before this reset?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chang Ughhhh View Post
    It's kind of an all or nothing item I like the thinking outside the square. How does it reset exactly? You need to get in a few hits while fully stacked right before this reset?
    Thanks. Smite can do a lot more with strategy based play. I am not sure if it is a capacity issue or if they are trying too hard to level it out. It would be a 5 cap (70 power) and a ten cap (150 power, 30% attack speed.) After reaching max stacks your weapon would surge with power to deal a fatal blow with a single basic attack or ability. That is assuming they do not counter it with a relic or ability. (Hence the glowing weapon idea.)

All gods have potential. Strategy should be above skill. Cordination above solo play.

Senior Member Honoured JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Interesting ideas. For the stacks the weapons get, how long till you can get them back? or how at all do you get the stacks back?
    http://smite.guru/stats/xb/JustRun175/summary Old xbox account with most my smite time.
    http://smite.guru/profile/pc/JustRun175 Current pc account. Now I only play on Pc. Story short: xbox ppl think smite and shooters are the same and should be thought of the same way.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRun175 View Post
    Interesting ideas. For the stacks the weapons get, how long till you can get them back? or how at all do you get the stacks back?
    Unlike blade of the sun the stacks remain until they are used on full stack. If the user returns to fountain or dies the stracks remain. It encourages practical application of stacking and a chance for users to catch up in power with a god of higher level or stacking minnion kills with a faster god.

Wrath Sunder applies reliable power, Bazing Blue strong physical support, Blade of the Sun stacks on lane stand offs, but Resurgence applies tactical kills. At least one of the four could benefit any physical god.