View Poll Results: Should FP/REWARDS be Equall?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agreed!

    3 15.79%
  • Disagreed!

    11 57.89%
  • I dont care man..

    2 10.53%
  • Ok, whatever.. spam more scrub.

    2 10.53%
  • Im fabulous. (=D

    1 5.26%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76

Thread: FP

  1. #1
    Banned Honoured ikilyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    631
    1
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0

    Talking FP

    So, today i lost 7/10 games, most of it because of my team, i was thinking why am i forced through this hell and why do i get only half the reward my enemies get, if i played just as good as they have but my incompetent team simply doomed me to lose along them?

    Why do the winners get more FP? Is there any point to this? Everyone should be rewarded for playing, for participating. There is NOTHING, literally NOTHING the enemy team did better than me, its just simply that they picked op gods that could not be handled by myself alone, i used everything i could to win but it was impossible as my team was far too incompetent to comprehend proper teamplay strategies.

    Essentially, i was doomed to lose every single game the same way, incompetent team, stuck in the same loop. And all this garbage without a reward in return.
    I feel that smite uses me to babysit noobs, im a slave that is chained to these noobs in an arena where i must fight for my life, and they are but a burden, and not like i stand a change, i cant use their bodies as a meatshield or drag them around with inhumane strength and shove them into my enemies face, all i can do is lose, repeatedly, infinitely, because that is what the game forces on me.

    I feel this is unjust, but ignore my brag, question is.. is there a point to giving less FP/rewards in general to that of the loser team?


    my stand on this, is that it only makes an already painful game more painful, i should be rewarded for playing the game, not punished even more, especially not so if i lose most of my games because of a bad team that ironically the game itself forced on me.



    - Okay, so what im trying to say is, i understand that you get free rewards at the end of the day, but still smite is only that, playing.. You play, you either enjoy it or not. And i find it diffcult no, it is inhuman to force these games on me, i cannot take it, okay?

    - So why dont i get the same rewards for participation? It should be mandatory to get equal rewards whether you lose or win, because after all, MY ENEMIES COULD NOT WIN IF I DIDNT PARTICIPATE, THEY NEED ME, THEY NEED THE LOSER TEAM, AND FOR US ALL TO GAIN MORE EXPERIENCE AND BETTER, WHICH IS THE VERY POINT OF A GAME, TO PLAY AND ENJOY AND GROW TOGETHER AS A COMMUNITY, NO?

    - ..,

    - I think, all the participants should be honored with equal treatment, there is no difference whether i lose or win, i grow as a player which overall benefits the communty, which should focus on growth and betterment. But i feel that by basically wasting my time, and then poking my eyes out with this insignificant reward, im essentially told: SCREW YOU! WE USE YOU, GET LOST.

    No wonder smite is toxic.



    * Note, in the end ranking is there to provide balanced experience, and as we all know there is no such thing as balanced experience in smite. So why should the winners get a better treat than the losers? We all spend the same amount of time playing, we should be treated equally. dont take out coins of my purse because my enemies beat my toddler teammates with a bat, as you know its not like they comprehend what a bat is, cant really do anything alone against these meatheads, i am just half a man myself.
    Last edited by ikilyou; 08-05-2017 at 04:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Chosen Zaveana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Destination unknown
    Posts
    1,949
    12
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    8
    Well I made it through half the first sentence before I had to stop to make this reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by ikilyou View Post
    So, today i lost 7/10 games, most of it because of my team, i was thinking why am i forced through this hell and why do i get only half the reward my enemies get
    Life isn't fair, regardless of your team you still lost, you're still the loser, be happy you even got a participation award.

  3. #3
    Banned Honoured ikilyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    631
    1
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    Well I made it through half the first sentence before I had to stop to make this reply.



    Life isn't fair, regardless of your team you still lost, you're still the loser, be happy you even got a participation award.
    Life may not always be fair, but smite isnt life, its a game..
    When you play you sit infront of you pc, staring at the screen and reacting to what you see, you spend time on the game, you spent the same amount of time as your opponents, so basically your input differs not from theirs, difference is they pick a stronger composition and have a better team. They react better to what's on screen, or no, not really, their team just is all around better than yours with that specific "op" composition which they chose.

    I mean i get your point, but this is why people play the same 5 gods in every mode, and this is why the game is so boring, because it forces you to tryhard all the time.

    I should be rewaded for spending time on the game, the weekly gems/fp, and the chests are a good start, making fp equal would be a better one.
    Or perhaps, make participation rewards.

    Best stat players get X% of the fp, the noobs who feed their ass out and do nothing, get LOW% as LOWREWARD, easy and problem fixed if you want to keep the competitive aspect, but i hneslty think its not good to do that.

    Because as i said, at the end of the day smite is just a game, whether you are good at it or not, should not matter when it comes to rewards you get for participting, and fp is one of those things.

    then again, ranked is a different story, i mean skin rewards etc should be awarded to those who earn them, fp/favor etc no.

  4. #4
    Member Follower xDarksacrificex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    247
    5
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    7
    Matchmaking makes 50% win ratio, so you will win 7/10 games in a future or you already won 7/10 in past and now it must doom you to make balance. No pain no gain.

    Partcipation rewards: 5 FP.
    Winning rewards: 5 FP.

    I have 27k points and will have 30k soon. So for me it's okay to make that participation rewards exist. 5 FP to everyone and that's all!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,691
    8
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    6
    Last season you didn't get any rewards unless you actually both put money down for the season ticket and you had to win in order to get anything. Now they are nice enough to give you FP without spending money even when you lose so no I don't think you should get equal rewards. It is a team game you either win together or lose together.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Posts
    1,727
    8
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    11
    The self adulation is strong with this one...
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

  7. #7
    Member Worshipper Caitniss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    495
    4
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Literally every game works like this. You don't get the winner's reward if you lose. It would be stupid if you failed missions on GTA but still got all the cash/prizes for winning. It takes forever to finish a mission because randoms fuck around, but it works the same way regardless. You get skins for winning The Culling but it's pretty common to have a shitty partner while other people are playing in parties. Battlefield works like this too.

  8. #8
    Member Follower xDarksacrificex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    247
    5
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    Last season you didn't get any rewards unless you actually both put money down for the season ticket and you had to win in order to get anything. Now they are nice enough to give you FP without spending money even when you lose so no I don't think you should get equal rewards. It is a team game you either win together or lose together.
    You are right... and wrong. In last year you purchased ticket for 450 gems. You had that voting system, and you could earn a points only after purchase. Points capped at 20k. Now without voting you must make 50% more points. I doubt that, this is really possible, or if it is the amount of time spent on it will be insane. I like the idea of season ticket rewards being available to anyone. However I dislike the amount of points, and these split passes that are worth in total 1200 gems. I know that passes come together with a limited T4 skin that might be even worth these gems alone, but still... maybe if they would make cheaper alternative to these split passes without a skin just giving these "features" like 150 gems per split resulting in 450 like in S2 and S3... maybe next year xD
    Last edited by xDarksacrificex; 08-05-2017 at 07:13 PM.

  9. #9
    Banned Honoured ikilyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    631
    1
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    Literally every game works like this. You don't get the winner's reward if you lose. It would be stupid if you failed missions on GTA but still got all the cash/prizes for winning. It takes forever to finish a mission because randoms fuck around, but it works the same way regardless. You get skins for winning The Culling but it's pretty common to have a shitty partner while other people are playing in parties. Battlefield works like this too.
    that is an absurd comparsion, as i said in smite you do nothing just participate, from game to game over and over, someone who doesnt pay for the season ticket will have to grind 3-4-5x as much as someone who does, that is unfair, and on the top of it i lose lots of points because of my team which makes it even worse.

    since the prizes no longer come every 500, they come every 1k, i literally farm one week for a single item, and honestly i dont have that much time for this game.

    Gta is an entirely different case, you buy the game for all this crap, in smite you just play and your very participation grows the game.

    also i think you get additional fp for buying season ticket, aside the quests, and the bonus boosters. oh and the voting ofcourse, and all that for 450 gems? i mean dont you see how absurd that is?

    why should i buy a shityt skin i dont like to get all this? not like i dont have the gems, i just dont see why put 5x things into the ticket bonus while ppl who play without buying it get JACK SHIT.


    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    Last season you didn't get any rewards unless you actually both put money down for the season ticket and you had to win in order to get anything. Now they are nice enough to give you FP without spending money even when you lose so no I don't think you should get equal rewards. It is a team game you either win together or lose together.
    I know, and i much preffer that one, i would rather pay 450 or more for the season pass if i could grind properly and get my rewards, im saying with with the consideration that last year you only had to grind 500 for each reward.

    Quote Originally Posted by xDarksacrificex View Post
    Matchmaking makes 50% win ratio, so you will win 7/10 games in a future or you already won 7/10 in past and now it must doom you to make balance. No pain no gain.

    Partcipation rewards: 5 FP.
    Winning rewards: 5 FP.

    I have 27k points and will have 30k soon. So for me it's okay to make that participation rewards exist. 5 FP to everyone and that's all!
    I know, when its up to me i win most of my games with very high score because match maker keeps putting me against scrubs, but even when it comes to decent games only my enemies are decent and my allies are bad, usually they have no idea about positioning or aiding one another they just keep going in feeding and delaying the game eternally, and after 20-30 mins of wasing time the enemy finally overpower us.

    Its very rare that i get a balanced game where all my enemies are good and my allies.
    Last edited by ikilyou; 08-05-2017 at 08:10 PM.

  10. #10
    Member Worshipper Caitniss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    495
    4
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    The fact that you don't have to buy Smite should make you thankful, not give you reason to complain about the fact that you don't get every single thing in it for free. If you don't have the time or money for the rewards in a game, then you don't get them. People who do invest time or money deserve them. They're just stuff like skins anyway. You can play without them. I've played sooo many "free to play" PC games that required a hell of a lot more time and money for skins than Smite does.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •