Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 55 of 55

Thread: Fun Thread: Best Ultimates

  1. #51
    Senior Member Chosen Darkfire47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,075
    7
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    You know it hits twice if they are in the centre, right? Add whirlpool and soft targets are dead without protections.

    On topic, Kalis, because I'm invulnerable and you're dead, Hun Batz, Chan'ge's Waxing Moon, Apollos, but only in unlimited mana modes, Xbalanques because there is still no counter to being able to see fuck all, Artemis and her get out of jail boar.

    Troll picks, Loki, Erlang Shen
    I did not know that thank you for correcting me everyone.

    Still doesn't do as much late game as the other mage ultimates do, although it still does a fair chunk of damage.

    Also it only does 610 + 90% Damage in the centre, which doesn't have the greatest range. It is unlikely you will hit the whole enemy team in the center so it will most likely do that damage to a front line tank, whilst doing the outer damage to the back line.

    It still isn't that good at level 20, but i admit it is even stronger at level 5 now and is probably the best mage ultimate at level 5, and its strengths early game make up for its shortcomings late game.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    510
    3
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfire47 View Post
    I did not know that thank you for correcting me everyone.

    Still doesn't do as much late game as the other mage ultimates do, although it still does a fair chunk of damage.

    Also it only does 610 + 90% Damage in the centre, which doesn't have the greatest range. It is unlikely you will hit the whole enemy team in the center so it will most likely do that damage to a front line tank, whilst doing the outer damage to the back line.

    It still isn't that good at level 20, but i admit it is even stronger at level 5 now and is probably the best mage ultimate at level 5, and its strengths early game make up for its shortcomings late game.
    Add to that additional 20% tidal surge damage, standard mage power build, whirlpool, the various cc ( slow, stun, knockup) and yeah, its kinda dumb. Honestly the only reason its not on my list is because I think its far too easy to confirm for how rewarding it is. Its definitely a top ult, I just find it very cheap.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

  3. #53
    Senior Member Chosen Darkfire47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,075
    7
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    Add to that additional 20% tidal surge damage, standard mage power build, whirlpool, the various cc ( slow, stun, knockup) and yeah, its kinda dumb. Honestly the only reason its not on my list is because I think its far too easy to confirm for how rewarding it is. Its definitely a top ult, I just find it very cheap.
    The 20% Tidal Surge damage only applies if he has a full tidal meter. If he uses whirlpool before kraken (as you always do) his meter will not be full and he does not gain the 20% damage unless i am mistaken

  4. #54
    Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    510
    3
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfire47 View Post
    The 20% Tidal Surge damage only applies if he has a full tidal meter. If he uses whirlpool before kraken (as you always do) his meter will not be full and he does not gain the 20% damage unless i am mistaken
    No, you're correct, I'm just presenting the variables that require consideration.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

  5. #55
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Walking with Elisa
    Posts
    4,057
    13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfire47 View Post
    The 20% Tidal Surge damage only applies if he has a full tidal meter. If he uses whirlpool before kraken (as you always do) his meter will not be full and he does not gain the 20% damage unless i am mistaken
    It'd still be 16% (80% tide iirc), which is pretty decent.

    Poseidon ult isn't meant to oneshot, it's a great set-up ulti. It guarantees your 1, full 3, and some AoE autos perhaps. It can also be used to counter an assassin better than Bracer
    What do I put here now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •