Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I want these skins, is there still a way to get them?

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person

I want these skins, is there still a way to get them?

Hello.
    I haven't been playing Smite for a looong time, but I casually found out about Artio's release and she got me interested, so I redownloaded it and for now I'm playing it.

There's much I could say, but I'll just get down to the point: I really like Plague Doctor Izanami and Star Scribe Thoth. Unfortunately, both can't be purchased.

Is there a way to obtain them? In chests maybe? Could they end up in the chest rotation? How does it work?

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Izanami is a Chest exclusive skin i believe (cant tell for sure because i own it so i cant see if its limited or exclusive) and the Thoth skin was Limited and wont return.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 763
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Plague-bearer Izanami is an exclusive skin from last year's Odyssey, and Star Scribe Thoth is a limited skin from the Celestial Voyage event. You will not be able to get a limited skin after its initial event is over, so you will not be able to buy that particular Thoth skin. However, as the Izanami skin is an exclusive, it should be available again in a chest. At the very least, you can get it through an awesome chest. Awesome chests contain every exclusive skin in the game.

Edit: It turns out that the Izanami skin is available through the Petrified Chest, which was released at the end of May.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Dont worry, hirez practically releases a limited skin per every other month soon we will have 200 limited skins on every god. and 1000 exclusive.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    So, if I understand correctly: I have to wait a monthly chest rotation to possibly try my luck at the Izanami skin, and I can never ever get the Thoth skin??

This is such a dumb business model. I would have bought those two skins and possibly the chibi-Ra skin as well if they were available. Instead, they won't have my money.

Furthermore, players who just happened to not be there at the exact time will never get the skins they like. It's like they count on a 20% of the playerbase to give them a fat lot of money and ignore the remaining 70% who would give them some money....

I wonder if they will ever make a recolour of the Thoth skin, which would be buyable?

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by LunSei View Post
    So, if I understand correctly: I have to wait a monthly chest rotation to possibly try my luck at the Izanami skin, and I can never ever get the Thoth skin??

This is such a dumb business model. I would have bought those two skins and possibly the chibi-Ra skin as well if they were available. Instead, they won't have my money.

Furthermore, players who just happened to not be there at the exact time will never get the skins they like. It's like they count on a 20% of the playerbase to give them a fat lot of money and ignore the remaining 70% who would give them some money....

I wonder if they will ever make a recolour of the Thoth skin, which would be buyable?
    Some things will never change and LunSei certainly is one of'em.

Events usually last a fairly long time, several weeks at the very least, so people who play the game and have some form of income will always be able to purchase the skins they crave. Events are a bit different and more taxing and we had a lot of them, but the amount of gems you can pump into them usually give a lot of value in return as well.

There may be players who would like to purchase a Skin for gems, but the amount of money HiRez would gain out of that is overshadowed by the amount of money they can make by having people buy into the events in order to get the limited contend. On the contrary, HiRez enabling people like you to get certain limited Items would devalue said Items, thus disabling them a big possible source of income later on.

For the OP, I don't know what Skins you are looking for nor do I care, but if I were to give you helpful advise, it would be the following:

If you want to get some limited skins that are no longer available, you should give up. Chances that you get your hands on them are pretty much neglible at this point.

If you want some of the exclusive skins that were part of certain events, they do appear a couple months after the event in chests for the most part, so you can purchase them that way as well-

Best piece of advise I can give you would be to save your money for gem sales so you can get a lot of value for your money, THEN wait for the upcoming Odyssey so you can pump some gems (all of them ideally) into Odyssey chests which basicly contain all the good things the game has to offer for a very small price of 200 gems. Sometimes, there are also events that make said chests even cheaper, so you may want to look out for that as well.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person

Limited skins are almost ALWAYS directly purchasable and or winnable on release. Like the skins in the season ticket. They are free when you get the ticket so you directly purchase them and the others are won by just playing the game and getting. So Limited skins are all direct purchase at some time which means they aren't hard to obtain, you just have to have gems for it.

Exclusives on the other hand are anything from random chest to have to do an event. They do it this way so you buy gems. If nothing was limited then people would just save gems and would never be incentivized to get gems on the fear of missing out on something FOR-EV-ER. Personally, I rather have 9/10 skins be limited then have to press my luck on a 55 item chest full of shit I'd never actually want.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Izanami skin is still acquirable

It will be made available in a future chest.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    This is such a dumb business model.
    Its is not but Hi-Rez does it wrong.

Its nice to have Limited skins which are rare and bla bla bla. BUT Hi-Rez releases to much Limited skins which means those are worth less. I mean we have 4 Limited skins in the Adventure event AND another 4 in the bundles (1 per bundle). So we got 8 Limited skins in less then a year just in the Adventure.

So yes Limited skins are good but not in that numbers.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    HiRez got themselves stuck in a circle with the amount of Limited skins they release. Currently, it's more profitable in the short run for them to release limited skins, because when faced with a choice of limited and directly purchasable skin within one price range the player tends to pick the limited skin as it won't be available later. This leads to more limited skin purchases, but the nature of a limited skin cuts any long term profits to zero after a month or two.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature