Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83

Thread: Artio OP? She needs a nerf!

  1. #61
    Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    816
    5
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    *looks at Cern who has everything a hunter needs and then some*

  2. #62
    Member Worshipper Wefal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    276
    5
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    She's not OP.

    Lets look at bruiser Ymir/Bacc/Geb/Faf/Kumbha/Sobek/CABROKEN who can literally 1HKO you. All of them can easily kill you with anywhere from 1-4 skills.
    Artio needs to use all her kit (6 skills) to actually kill someone. Plus, she has no real burst dmg and half her abilities can be easily canceled by CC.

    She's somewhere between balaced and OP.
    Hirez should change her cripple to 4sec at all ranks and her dash should have shorter range because right now its the longest dash in the game with 120ish units (prob bug). Also maybe reduce slightly the dmg debuff and protection shred on her passive/skill 4.
    Last edited by Wefal; 08-04-2017 at 07:40 AM.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,352
    27
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    LMAO! You're differentiating Artio from a "no-skill" goddess. Do you know how funny you sound? Even Zeus requires more skills than her because at least with Zeus, you have to position yourself properly because of his immobility and squishyness.

    Zeus' Skills auto pilot themselves from a safe distance whereas Artio has to get into CQC. And that is ignoring that Zeus is his own can of problems as well.
    @PapaRodin
    I think you fail to see where the complaints on Artio is coming from.

    Oh, I do not fail to see where they come from. People see a strong kit and say she is overpowered immediatly. Disregarding whether she is or not, people start to bitch and complain anyway. Ignoring the regular masses who are clueless anyway, let us look at the youtubers. They of course say the same, but then you look at what they say and find that they are full of shit.

    Saw a video this morning, not saying what youtuber that is because bad publicity won't grand me salvation when I die. Said youtuber played Artio in a siege game, he did good and was laughing his ass off while saying that she is so not broken and so not okay. While playing and doing that, he also turned off his head apparently since he somehow lost the ability to process numbers. He was like "I hit that guy with my (bear) 3 and just took off more than 300 of his health". Not a perfect quote, but that is basicly what he said. He was full of shit. He dealt less than 200 with it. Something around 180 I think.

    What I want to say here is that

    1. Once people have the impression that something is OP, they won't get off that train.
    2. Once they are on that train, they start seeing things in way that makes them enhance their opinion, no matter how wrong what they think they saw or think actually is.
    Unlike Artio, He Bo has a weakness. And that is he is immobile and squishy.

    And this is actually a nice example for this. He Bo is immobile he says. A god with a dash that makes CC Immune, damage immune and can outright murder people is clearly immobile. The fact that said god also has a carpet that puts a huge movement speed difference between allied and enemy players on a very short cooldown on a long duration that also grants immunity against the most common form of CC apparently also does not count for anything.

    Regarding the squishyness, He Bo is a mage, low base HP, low base protections, sure, is true, nothing against that. If there is one thing that people should have learned from the dirty bubble days (and yes, I am still spitting out everytime I think or say that name), it is that base protections and HP are only part of the equation. Only one piece of protective measurement can make you become so much harder to kill in the grand scheme of things in this game. But nobody does that because killings things dead is so fun that risking sudden cases of dead is a fun price to pay for that in return.

    TL;DR: If you say that He Bo is immobile, you are wrong. If you say that He Bo is squishy, blame yourself for not picking up that hot protective Item.
    He does not heal like Artio does.

    Of course he doesn't. The point was that He Bo is a strong, very strong god even without his kit being as loaded as Artios.
    Tyr's heal doesn't give him half his hp back like Artio does and his skills require good aiming, combo maneuver and good positioning.

    Sounds like you weren't around before they nerfed Tyrs heal. It gave him back so much health in an bloody instant on a short cooldown. It actually got nerfed not too long ago,for good reason if I may say so myself.

    Artios 1s heal is neat but not overly strong unless she hits 2-3 gods at once or more with it. If she manages to do that, god knows that the ones to blame are her enemies. Her 3 heals her over a duration and is interruptable by about anything. Not a lot of selfhealing abilities have actual counterplay to them.

    And all those fancy things you said about Tyr needing combo maneuvering abilities, good aiming and positioning is also true for Artio. Arguably even more true given how Tyr is much safer to play than her thanks to having 3 means of moving around the battlefield.
    You don't have to worry about that with Artio.

    Well you kinda do.
    And also, I don't understand how ALL of her skills are interruptable. I'll give you druid 3 but the rest? Yes, you explained druid 1 but someone else completely debunked you on that. Kindly read again.

    The Druid 1 is a channel. Small charge up, first swipe, second swipe. I haven't done any tests on it, but she can be interrupted before the first swipe happens without the ability going on CD. She can also be interrupted after the first swipe hit and the CD can apply then, but I have to test this more thoroughly when I feel like it.

    The same is true for the Druid 1, but it only has one instance of damage (but I feel like the small cast time before it is a tad longer (it actually is noted in the tool tip if I am not mistaken, but who needs tooltips anyway, right?)

    The 2 in both stances simply has a small cast time like many abilities do, Especially players who play a lot against Nox players find themselves wanting to use abilities and seeing part of the animation or hearing part of the sound queue without anything happening because the silence interrupted it. The same is true for these two abilities and of course it is also true for other sorts of hard CC.

    Yes, she spams but she also is tanky and has decent damage and has all CC. See what I'm getting here? She's jack-of-all trades, master of everything. This is why she's OP and needs a nerf. It should be one or the other not all of them.

    So have you ever tried to consider ways and means to counter her or her playstyle instead of coming to the forums to complain? I doubt you did given how you were hear doing exactly that.

    Artio deals too much damage? Get a piece of protection. Artio heals too much? Try Anti Heal. Artio keeps you slowed?
    Winged Blade and Sprint are your friends.
    So the only thing I learned from this post after reading and responding to it would be

    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    And also, I don't understand
    this.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

    Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

  4. #64
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,673
    7
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    6
    An example of a god who also has a lot going for them(not OP, can be countered[more easily] just a lot) would be xing tian.
    He has a leap(that I think needs some editing as I have TESTED it and there is clearly a bug in there somewhere. Either it can go through walls or it can't, please pick one and adjust accordingly)
    He has a protections buff (from his leap)
    He has a knock up and a root.
    He has a basic attack damage reduction debuff.
    He has a slow.
    He has a %max health dot.
    He has a grab/throw.
    He has pretty nice damage.
    He is also pretty tanky and has health regen for a passive.

    Just an example, I realize artio has better cool downs and more options to choose from rather than being forced to apply multiple things at the same time but still a guardian with nice damage, tankiness and a healthy amount of CC.

  5. #65
    Member Follower Ankahet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    168
    4
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    LMAO! You're differentiating Artio from a "no-skill" goddess. Do you know how funny you sound? Even Zeus requires more skills than her because at least with Zeus, you have to position yourself properly because of his immobility and squishyness.


    @PapaRodin
    I think you fail to see where the complaints on Artio is coming from. Unlike Artio, He Bo has a weakness. And that is he is immobile and squishy. He does not heal like Artio does. Tyr's heal doesn't give him half his hp back like Artio does and his skills require good aiming, combo maneuver and good positioning. You don't have to worry about that with Artio.

    And also, I don't understand how ALL of her skills are interruptable. I'll give you druid 3 but the rest? Yes, you explained druid 1 but someone else completely debunked you on that. Kindly read again.

    Yes, she spams but she also is tanky and has decent damage and has all CC. See what I'm getting here? She's jack-of-all trades, master of everything. This is why she's OP and needs a nerf. It should be one or the other not all of them.
    And you sound like an idiot because you failed to address anything I had said, but thats not my problem. Thanks for identifying yourself as someone to generally ignore on the forums.
    It is a poor musician who blames his instrument.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Chosen RatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,856
    9
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wefal View Post
    She's not OP.

    Lets look at bruiser Ymir/Bacc/Geb/Faf/Kumbha/Sobek/CABROKEN who can literally 1HKO you. All of them can easily kill you with anywhere from 1-4 skills.
    Uh. No.
    Ymir? If he gets a fully-channeled ult and is built with a lot of magic power, he can one-shot a squishy. Sure. However, you have to either be braindead or he has help to keep you in his ult. Or he has to use multiple skills. None of which is a "1 hit ko". If he lands a 3-2-ult? Sure.
    Bacchus? Not even remotely. He can leap-ult-stun you to death, but that's 3 skills. His ult by itself CANNOT one-hit anyone, unless he's somehow packing about 1800 magical power. Good luck with that.
    Geb? Not a chance. Ult-1-2 can do a ton of damage, but he's still not going to insta-kill even a squishy.
    Fafnir? Again, not even remotely. He has to hit you with numerous abilities, and then keep you in his ult when it pops and then maintain basics on you for several seconds to kill you.
    Kumbha? Once again. No. 1-2-ult. Sure. Maybe. If he's got a lot of magic power.
    Sobek? Needs his 2-3-ult combo to kill someone, even with a good chunk of magical power backing him up, because his base damage is fairly low. And you have to sit in his ult for the full duration.
    Cabrakan? If he uses his 1-3 and keeps you in it for a long time? Maybe. Or ult-1-3.

    So saying "can literally 1 hit ko you" is blatant hyperbole. It makes your argument look really, really dumb.

    Currently Artio's kit is a bit op. Not massively so, but still op. She has too much cc and sustain. A god with 2 slows, a root, an aoe stun, an aoe cripple, a self-heal and a group heal, power debuff, protection debuff, and having good mobility is too much.

    Additionally, arguing that "everything she does can be interrupted" is only valid if the people she's up against have split-second timing. Her druid and bear 1 have about a .5 second animation time, so you'd have to have an INSTANT cc counter, and have it ready to go within .1 seconds of seeing her start the animation. Good luck with that. Her bear dash CAN be interrupted, sure, just like Vamana's dash, Chiron's dash, etc. It's simply not that likely, unless, again, you're specifically trying to cancel it and have something ready to go right at that second. Her vines and stun are instantaneous. Not interruptable. Though Nox's aoe silence MIGHT cancel her vines, I haven't tested that yet.
    Last edited by RatGirl; 08-04-2017 at 11:28 PM.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Honoured
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    830
    5
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by RatGirl View Post
    Though Nox's aoe silence MIGHT cancel her vines, I haven't tested that yet.
    Might?

    I havent specifically tested it either, but of course it does, and so does every other silence because silence is a bullshit mechanic in this game that doesn't work like a silence should, and even stops abilities that are already activated; like fenrirs jump which will interrupt the stun AND cancels damage as he lands while also (of course, it was successfully cast) putting it on cooldown too just from landing *in* a silence.

    If it doesn't stop her then its a bug, but I doubt its bugged, and its not just nox.

    as for the rest of her kit? she counters leapers/harassers pretty hard and she has a lot of buttons to press. I havent had too much trouble with her that would make me think "OMFG WHAT IS THIS THING THAT NEEDS TO BE DELETED" (in any game mode). On the flip side the additional buttons are just spreading her power out over those "more buttons", and while technically the more buttons are entertaining it also just makes her more work to play and she has no ult - which really is a big deal for a support.

    If you play a jumper (I normally do) then you're going to have a bad time because she does really well against them (prevent the jump, chase,ranged root, stun etc - good luck bitching out if shes ready for you), but if you stand and fight she is nothing that terribly special.

    Just make sure you get her in the brain if she charges you... you'll just piss her off otherwise.

    Oh and uh. Anti-heal. Use it. Noobs. Fucking seriously. What part of "anti-damage" does healing not register to you llamas? If you counter armor then why don't you counter healing? It doe *THE SAME THING* as armor; it is countering your damage and if ANY of their characters have noticeable sustain/healing preventing them from dying then its exactly the situation those items exist for.

    Overall. She doesn't need a nerf, but shes a guardian that does damage so her very existence is an insult to the "purists" that think tanks should only tank, priests should only heal, and mages should be glass cannons.
    She might need an adjustment, but she doesn't seem good enough that she will live through any nerfs because if you hit her too hard then she easily runs the risk of becoming "too difficult" for what she is capable of doing, and will be overshadowed by the much easier 3+1 picks.
    Last edited by Pizlenut; 08-05-2017 at 03:10 AM.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,468
    10
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MemphisMiles View Post
    I think her weakness is 'teamplay.' A coordinated team (even just 2 members), can shut her down with the right items and strategy.
    yea, she can be killed by coordinated team, like EVERY god in this game. its not a weakness, it only shows, that she isn't unkillable, like any other god.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

  9. #69
    Senior Member Chosen Zaveana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Destination unknown
    Posts
    1,949
    12
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RatGirl View Post
    Uh. No.
    Ymir? If he gets a fully-channeled ult and is built with a lot of magic power, he can one-shot a squishy. Sure. However, you have to either be braindead or he has help to keep you in his ult. Or he has to use multiple skills. None of which is a "1 hit ko". If he lands a 3-2-ult? Sure.
    Bacchus? Not even remotely. He can leap-ult-stun you to death, but that's 3 skills. His ult by itself CANNOT one-hit anyone, unless he's somehow packing about 1800 magical power. Good luck with that.
    Geb? Not a chance. Ult-1-2 can do a ton of damage, but he's still not going to insta-kill even a squishy.
    Fafnir? Again, not even remotely. He has to hit you with numerous abilities, and then keep you in his ult when it pops and then maintain basics on you for several seconds to kill you.
    Kumbha? Once again. No. 1-2-ult. Sure. Maybe. If he's got a lot of magic power.
    Sobek? Needs his 2-3-ult combo to kill someone, even with a good chunk of magical power backing him up, because his base damage is fairly low. And you have to sit in his ult for the full duration.
    Cabrakan? If he uses his 1-3 and keeps you in it for a long time? Maybe. Or ult-1-3.

    So saying "can literally 1 hit ko you" is blatant hyperbole. It makes your argument look really, really dumb.

    Currently Artio's kit is a bit op. Not massively so, but still op. She has too much cc and sustain. A god with 2 slows, a root, an aoe stun, an aoe cripple, a self-heal and a group heal, power debuff, protection debuff, and having good mobility is too much.

    Additionally, arguing that "everything she does can be interrupted" is only valid if the people she's up against have split-second timing. Her druid and bear 1 have about a .5 second animation time, so you'd have to have an INSTANT cc counter, and have it ready to go within .1 seconds of seeing her start the animation. Good luck with that. Her bear dash CAN be interrupted, sure, just like Vamana's dash, Chiron's dash, etc. It's simply not that likely, unless, again, you're specifically trying to cancel it and have something ready to go right at that second. Her vines and stun are instantaneous. Not interruptable. Though Nox's aoe silence MIGHT cancel her vines, I haven't tested that yet.
    I remember doing a test with full power ymir at level 20 with evey pot, which should be capped attack and I don't think he could 100-0 anyone even using his 2-3-4(fully charged) he would always need to basic attack to finish it.

    Keep in mind this is a old test that I don't remember that well at all and could in fact be just using his ult alone and not his 2 & 3.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,352
    27
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by RatGirl View Post
    Currently Artio's kit is a bit op. Not massively so, but still op. She has too much cc and sustain. A god with 2 slows, a root, an aoe stun, an aoe cripple, a self-heal and a group heal, power debuff, protection debuff, and having good mobility is too much.

    You forgot the protection self buff.
    Additionally, arguing that "everything she does can be interrupted" is only valid if the people she's up against have split-second timing. Her druid and bear 1 have about a .5 second animation time, so you'd have to have an INSTANT cc counter, and have it ready to go within .1 seconds of seeing her start the animation.

    While I agree with you, given how my reflexes are pretty much non-existant, if people can counter He Bo ultimate with Aegis in a timely fashion because of good prediction and reflexes or a Ne Zha ultimate (especially before he got the nerf) with beads then the same can/should be true for using CC to cancel out abilities like these with CC.

    And that is ignoring that there are/will be a lot of situations where it just happens. Being CC-locked can leave you hanging quite bad and cc-locking artio is easier than CC locking a god like Bacchus or Cabrakan.
    Good luck with that. Her bear dash CAN be interrupted, sure, just like Vamana's dash, Chiron's dash, etc. It's simply not that likely, unless, again, you're specifically trying to cancel it and have something ready to go right at that second.

    The big differences here is that her bear charge is much slower and predictable than the ones you mentioned while also, as opposed to the abilities you gave as an example, only slows while the others are actually knock ups-backs. Taking Awilix as an example because she is arguably one of the best goddesses to cancel the ability, if you dash through her, you give her plenty of opportunity to also hit you with a basic attack and follow up with a featherstep, rooting you in place and ending the dash. The same you won't be able to do against Vamana or Chiron because they will have her pushed away either when she tries to connect a basic or when she tries to hit that featherstep, getting her out of reach.

    And that is ignoring that almost all other dashes in the game are knock-back/up immune.
    Her vines and stun are instantaneous. Not interruptable. Though Nox's aoe silence MIGHT cancel her vines, I haven't tested that yet.

    They can be canceled and if Nox Silence can cancel it if placed/used timely (or you stepped into it untimely), so can other CC.
    Stuffs in quotes
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

    Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •