Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elo hell exists.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Elo hell exists.

Last split I managed to grind up to plat 3. But not after qualify. Qualify in spring split ended me at Gold3, which I failed afterwards, got demoted to Gold 4 and it took a fking good luck to manage to grind to Plat 3 afterwards.

Since this split was fixed around qualifing stuff, I ended up in Silver 4 with 6 wins 4 losses. Yeah, I was kinda alright altho I was a bit dissapointed.

The next match after qualify I had was today. Our top pick guy wants adc, I am not against it, I was 2nd pick and I called mid lane. It was a surprise when, after I called my middle lane, our top pick guy was talking with 3rd pick guy how "what midlaner you want". I was like "excuse me, I called middle lane long before also I am 2nd pick". They ignored that entirely.

Then our 4th and 5th pick began. 5th pick didn't want to go support when our 4th pick called a jungler. I took my solo lane. Then our 4th pick picked a supportish hero Hel when our refusing-to-play support took Tyr. I was kinda okey because Tyr jungle and Hel support can work since Tyr is tanky overall and I took a 2nd warrior into Solo lane. Tyr decided to screw this over and he actually went SUPPORT leaving our Hel into JUNGLE role.

---

Yet those 3 players were harassing me whole match long for "losing lane" on my solo because Hel as jungler is not a good option and I couldn't get normal ganks overall. They screamed about "report solo laner".

I reported them back for screwing pick order phase and stealing other roles even tho I called my role like a normal person.

-----

P.S: we have actually WON that match, but the experience and things I saw during that match were beyond understandable.

I know, it's still pretty easy to carry yourself out of Silver, I just want to say that Elo hell with such examples truely exists. And I feel sorry for all those who are stuck in this thing and can't get out of it because they are stuck with such teammates.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    You want an elegant solution?

Don't play competitive!

Ahha JK, some people like the rush of blood when playing competitive

But, man... I play casual and always try to complete the team, whatever role we need

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Well to those players I say: Improve in casuals where you can carry 90% of silver games.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    Well to those players I say: Improve in casuals where you can carry 90% of silver games.
    Do you think they care?

I just had a second match in Silver 4 environment. Our support player (according to his profile page) plays this game 5-7 times per month. He never played ranked ever and he barely played at least 250 matches at casual conquest yet he decided to queue for ranked conquest this month and was wondering why everyone blamed him. Because he never rotated? Never warded?

Like why is that player even allowed to queue for ranked at first place if he doesn't even play Smite on a regular basis (I don't think 5-7 matches per month is a regular basis).

Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    Do you think they care?

I just had a second match in Silver 4 environment. Our support player (according to his profile page) plays this game 5-7 times per month. He never played ranked ever and he barely played at least 250 matches at casual conquest yet he decided to queue for ranked conquest this month and was wondering why everyone blamed him. Because he never rotated? Never warded?

Like why is that player even allowed to queue for ranked at first place if he doesn't even play Smite on a regular basis (I don't think 5-7 matches per month is a regular basis).
    well I placed Silver IV and my ELO is closer to the Gold level (I get placed with high silvers and mid golds).

Its all about carrying.

If your support sucks, then just carry him with a good AD carry (I personally use Rama or Cernunnos if they arent banned)

New Member Cupidhead kuzenbo 29's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 367
    The only time I play comp is when I feel like absorbing salt to fuel my ego.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    well I placed Silver IV and my ELO is closer to the Gold level (I get placed with high silvers and mid golds).

Its all about carrying.

If your support sucks, then just carry him with a good AD carry (I personally use Rama or Cernunnos if they arent banned)
    EDIT: ELO is now closer to high Gold.
    Just won a game against platinums (Top ELO was plat III)

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    EDIT: ELO is now closer to high Gold.
    Just won a game against platinums (Top ELO was plat III)
    welcome to the real world.. where no artifical measure to calcualte or estimate someone's skill will ever function accurately.

i am easily at master level, but to get there i should farm through countless games along with random people who cant be trusted to get us there. (joust/etc)

duel is far too boring for me to play it, tho maybe i should considering you can get some free gems from it.

but that is far from the point.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points
    This isn't League or DotA.Solo carrying in SMITE is next to impossible.You could do it in theory with Kali or something.But in practice it is extremely difficult to impossible.Cause SMITE has such huge anti-snowball mechanics.Even great players can't do it when the enemy team is semi competent and has a proper team comp and basic skills.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Playfunplax View Post
    i am easily at master level, but to get there i should farm through countless games along with random people who cant be trusted to get us there. (joust/etc)
    Exactly.I get randoms like this all the time.I consider myself in conquest to be a high plat/low diamond in terms of skill at minimum(mostly cause I am very humble with stuff like this).But I have to get lucky enough to get teammates that have more IQ then my pet rock to get to a high rank.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3