Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone feel bad or low level players?

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    So yeah, I fucking pity them. Im rather new myself, but who am I to judge

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Issue is new players dont know how to counter build etc, they get paired vs players who do though and understand 89 gods worth of kits. Its a steep learning curve as is without MM making it harder. Theres so much to learn in smite but little teaching of it all, we do alright as were drip fed it in patches over each season... its rough on new players as its one big info dump to get into.

It was months before i could appreciate CC immunity in kits, audio queues, farming vs fighting or awareness of god synergy/comps. Meanwhile getting stomped by vets whilst team mates spam you rock is NOT a learning tool.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I was already mastery 5 with Aphrodite and I was still thinking that Love birds would heal an ally if I use it in their direction even if I wasn't linked to them. I was so bad. Lol now I know a lot more.

But when I get grouped with newbies, after the match I send them messages for doing well or for suggesting a build. Half the time they respond with a thank you and an eagerness to play more. The other half didn't care and when they reply back it's an I don't care, or not interested, whatever. And then I see who has a future in Smite.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Junior Member Cupidhead chubby5544's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Im actually ok with it. Thats how I learned to play the game and it just made me want to improve my self. I can even remember my very first game of Joust (Back when Thoth was new). Played against a clan that all had at least 30 masteries a piece. Getting my face stomped in just made me want to become better. Here I am over 300 hours later doing the same.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points
    Don't feel bad for new players.Feel bad for the matchmaking.I was playing yesterday in a group of 2 and we multi-que'd clash and siege and we got siege.Our team was me at level 136 a friend at level 100+ and our teammates one of them was a level 20 and the other was level 8.Against a team of level 50-80's.

Funny thing?We won cause I got super fed as Medusa and hard carried 12-0.So those new players got super lucky that they had 2 good players on their team and the enemy team was...I'm just gonna keep this comment fairly kind and say they could use improvement.But again matchmakings fault not the players.They don't choose to get matched with high level players.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    It's just a matchmaking issue. if matchmaking worked, people would only play with and against others of relative skill, and most of this games problems would go away.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Sypherys's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points
    A good point. High tier players doesn't deserve to carry learning players on their back. Neither do low tier players deserve to be crushed by experienced ones.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeC9 View Post
    Don't feel bad for new players.Feel bad for the matchmaking.I was playing yesterday in a group of 2 and we multi-que'd clash and siege and we got siege.Our team was me at level 136 a friend at level 100+ and our teammates one of them was a level 20 and the other was level 8.Against a team of level 50-80's.

Funny thing?We won cause I got super fed as Medusa and hard carried 12-0.So those new players got super lucky that they had 2 good players on their team and the enemy team was...I'm just gonna keep this comment fairly kind and say they could use improvement.But again matchmakings fault not the players.They don't choose to get matched with high level players.

Fade, I was JUST about to write this same thing out. Lol This was absolutely terrible matchmaking.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypherys View Post
    A good point. High tier players doesn't deserve to carry learning players on their back. Neither do low tier players deserve to be crushed by experienced ones.
    That's the main problem that a lot of new players run into. Having made a couple of lowbie accounts over the last few years to examine what the "new player experience" is like at various times, what a "new player" typically runs into is you either have smurfs on your team that carry you to victory no matter how badly you play, or the enemy team has smurfs on it and your team gets absolutely curb-stomped. Either that, or it just randomly tosses you into a game with a bunch of high-levels, and you get curb-stomped again.

People often argue that "that's how you learn, by getting crushed", but that's not true. You don't "learn" anything by getting killed in 1.5 seconds. All that does is make you think certain gods are overpowered (and in the case of a newbie vs a vet, it will start making them think EVERY god is somehow overpowered, just not the one that THEY'RE playing).

The best way for new players to learn is to either be coached by someone more experienced, or be matched up against people around their own skill level, and slowly, progressively get matched against tougher opponents, so it can find out exactly where their skill level is.

The way it is now it tends to do the equivalent of throwing a pee-wee league T-ball player up against an MLB player, and expecting the newbie to learn anything from getting smoked in a half-second, and then being laughed at and mocked for being "a noob".

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I was recently paired against a Neith who I swear to god came straight from the tutorial. I have no idea how she was put into my game but I just felt awful melting her in lane.

You know someone's new when they miss their 1 on a minion wave multiple times.