Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help me out with Da JI..

Member Worshipper CallousSapphire's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Help me out with Da Ji..

I absolutely love Da Ji, but I literally cannot play her for shit. I play Clash mostly (and Siege) and I feel like I'm useless because I never have an opportunity to 1v1 someone. I can't play assassins in general, and I want to broaden my picks instead of playing Aphrodite 9 times out of 10 just because I'm comfortable playing her.

Does anyone know any tips or tricks to playing Da Ji? Her ability levelling order? A build for her? Best mode to practise being her in? I also feel like my ping is almost too bad to play her since I can't hit auto attacks when I'm literally in their face and it shows the auto attack targeter. Please help me learn a class I barely ever touch.
    Last edited by CallousSapphire; 07-18-2017 at 11:25 PM.
    Somehow I'm now a Discordia main, even though I'm terrible at her..

Forever stuck playing Support because I'm awful at every other role...

Clash/Arena/Siege player. PSN: CallousSapphire.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Hi Callous!

Been building her with warrior, jotunns, hydras, shifters, titans, then whatever, usually power of some sort but sometimes spirit robe for prots and full cdr. Shes a lot of fun, but honestly I don't get much playtime as her due to the multitude of double locking assassin teams I seem to get in games.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Member Worshipper CallousSapphire's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    Hi Callous!

Been building her with warrior, jotunns, hydras, shifters, titans, then whatever, usually power of some sort but sometimes spirit robe for prots and full cdr. Shes a lot of fun, but honestly I don't get much playtime as her due to the multitude of double locking assassin teams I seem to get in games.
    We haven't talked in forever! Hey Ronan!

That's literally what I built on her in Jungle Practise a few hours ago. But yeah, there's so many assassins nowadays in Clash. I love her design-wise, but I'm so useless with assassins that it's embarrassing. I stick to the magical classes because I find them easier to build. I also can't hit my AA's for shit. Maybe you can give me tips next time you're on Smite? We've yet to play together!
    Somehow I'm now a Discordia main, even though I'm terrible at her..

Forever stuck playing Support because I'm awful at every other role...

Clash/Arena/Siege player. PSN: CallousSapphire.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I also like her design but her ult is so cumbersome to use and too easy to escape.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    I rented her over the weekend to rank her up and determine whether I'll buy her (I won't, at least for now). At first I had her one thousand cuts ability maxing out first, but it turns out I was playing her by teleporting in > applying burns > dashing out (maybe hitting an enemy once or twice on the way out). Or teleport > burns > cuts > ult, if I had it up. So I changed my build to focus on horrible burns and trickster spirit, and that worked pretty well. I'm torn on the ult - if I were to ever buy her, I might consider putting 1 point in it at level 5 and not touching it again until the end, because I wasn't consistent enough at hitting targets to bait out their ults/relics. It just became an escape tool.
    As far as gear, the above posts are spot on for what I did. Bluestone > warrior tabi > jotunns > spirit robe or discord depending on enemy CC level > titans > hydras > shifters. Better players than I might not need so much defense early, but I needed it on her. I would actually wind up with warrior-like levels of damage mitigated with high damage dealt, but I could never quite get my kill/death ratio positive (to be fair, my teams weren't giving great front-lining or poke, so I was often having to do a lot of work to secure kills). I just don't think I land melee basics well enough to fully utilize her passive, and I'd be a little disoriented after teleporting in sometimes. So that's my experience if it helps.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Kumba, Xing Tian, Bastet, Medusa, Skadi, Anubis, Chang'e

I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    If you want to broaden your Hero pool, just play everything and anything.

If you arent having fun with Da Ji, try out another Assassin and so on and until you have tried every single one.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Senior Member Chosen Darkfire47's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CallousSapphire View Post
    I absolutely love Da Ji, but I literally cannot play her for shit. I play Clash mostly (and Siege) and I feel like I'm useless because I never have an opportunity to 1v1 someone. I can't play assassins in general, and I want to broaden my picks instead of playing Aphrodite 9 times out of 10 just because I'm comfortable playing her.

Does anyone know any tips or tricks to playing Da Ji? Her ability levelling order? A build for her? Best mode to practise being her in? I also feel like my ping is almost too bad to play her since I can't hit auto attacks when I'm literally in their face and it shows the auto attack targeter. Please help me learn a class I barely ever touch.
    (You love Da Ji? Ewwwwww. )

Back on topic, Normal levelling order on Da Ji tends to be 2-1-3, with ult taken whenever possible
    Practise her in Arena. The generally scrappy play helps her find lone targets to practise her combos on.

Normal combo is - 3-Auto-1-Auto-2.
    Da Ji's scalings are very high. To abuse this, i like to go a build on her very similar to by Bastet build, save for Hydra's being the main difference

Warrior Tabi
    Jotuun's
    Transcendence
    Brawlers
    Hydra's Lament
    Titan's Bane (IF AHEAD) or any defense item

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by CallousSapphire View Post

Skimmed through everyone's replies, eh.

Your One Thousand cuts is your most damaging ability and can hit multiple targets and clear wave fairly easy, but can be interrupted so it's a choice between Horrible Burns which can't be interrupted and has easier kill secure and can be used twice in the same cd of One Thousand cuts. E.G. If the enemy team has a Nox, Ganesha, or anything that can hard CC you relatively easy don't rank it.

Rank Trickster Spirit last unless you've ranked your 1 first and just want a early quick hit and run kill secure style, works best if you're building Hydra. Usually ranking One Thousand Cuts is better. Never rank Pao Lao before anything else.

Cool-down on Da Ji is amazing, simply amazing and I consider it required. At max cool-down Pao Lao is on a 60 seconds cd and One Thousand cuts, 7.2. Needless to say if you can already use Horrible Burns twice before One Thousand Cuts without cool-down...

Da Ji is squishy, you should build accordingly and always end with a mantle of discord, because it's op and basically a third relic.
    My personal build goes as such, Warrior Tabi first item always, into Jotuns.
    Third item is where you make a distinction between what you're building. If the enemy team is heavily physical(3) you go breast plate of valor.
    This makes you extremely tank as percentage penetration usually comes up 4th item, if at all.

If there isn't a heavy physical comp, go Hydra's, you'll be missing %10 cool-down which is actually extremely important and you'll notice it if you've had max cool-down in 3 items before.
    Your ult will be on a 72 second cool-down as will your One Thousand Cuts be on 8.2 instead of 7.2 but you get better burst which is usually better because it's rare for the enemy team to be running two guardians and not two mages which are just as squishy as you.

Now before we go onto the 4th item it's extremely important you know that when you build Hydra's, the way you play changes.
    If you built BoV you could use your Horrible burns in base and keep it up til you hit someone, well you can't do that when you have Hydra's.

You can still use One Thousand Cuts to leave base because it's not a buff but as long as Horrible Burns is active you can't use it again so if you were to Trickster Spirit onto someone with it already up you would only get one tick of Hydra, where if you were to Trickster Spirit Auto-Cancel > Horrible Burns > Auto you're getting 2 ticks of Hydra and potentially three depending on how you use One Thousand Cuts. The above is the proper way to play if you're going to rank Trickster Spirit after ranking Horrible Burns

Onto 4th item, percentage penetration. If you don't your abilities won't be hurting, Titan's Bane.

5th item, BloodForge. You're Squishy, you hurt, and you want to hurt more and keep hurting, just get BloodForge and pull a Kali using those 4 second cool-down Horrible Burns, you won't regret it.

6th item, Mantle Of Discord. It's basically a third relic, it makes you win 1v1s by default if it's up, allows you to use aegis after getting hit by a kraken so the Scylla's Crush doesn't kill you. In conjunction with BoV you'll be extremely physically tanky and you'll have 100 magical defense without auras. You'll be over %10 cool-down but who really gives a shit, it's gud. If you decided to pick up Hydra's It'll finish your cool-down and put you at %40.

Da Ji is a interesting character and if she's your first assassin you're going to have problems as she is basically the Morrigan of assassins.
    In a attempt at drawing from the kits of other gods and taking the best of all worlds Da Ji was born.

With the squishiness of a assassin that requires the situational awareness of a Loki or a Ao Kuang, a new and improved old Arachne Passive, a basic attack enhancement with a DoT, a pseudo brutalize with no tracking, knock up immunity, slow immunity, damage mitigation, and the ability to use it to disengage combined with, the teleportation of a mage, and the ult of a guardian.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Your 3 is more of an initiate than an escape, followed by your 1 and 2. If the enemy burst starts to concentrate, you can use that 2 to retreat with increased movement speed and protection from behind. If you have your ult, save your 2 for it as well if you're about to pull someone with it. It's possible to use as escape as well, but in general, you're burning an ultimate.

Ronan's build is fine, maybe switch order to get Titan's 4th for an earlier power spike -> Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Shifter's Shield, Titan's Bane, Hydra's Lament, situational. Don't focus people with Mark of the Vanguard, it takes away a huge amount of damage from your attacks.

She's an ambush god and a jungler, so you're probably best off trying her in Conquest to learn her mechanics.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Build her like a warrior and play her like Loki. Pick off the people who run and stay away from team fights. Wait unseen.