Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help me out with Da JI..

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points
    If you want to really be good with Da Ji and do really good.Then only play Conquest.That is where her and all the other gods are balanced for and it allows you to get the 1v1's and ganks.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Triv3rr's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I got Da Ji to X shortly after 4.10, so I'll try to help you as best I can and with as much as I know how, just because I share your love of Daji too.
    This'll probably be a lengthy post (that's how you know it'll be worth reading, ecks dee), so fair warning?
    __________________________________________________ ______________

First off, I guess a God Description of her is in order....so after playing her so much I would say that Daji is a single-target Assassin whose main focus is to get in, toss her ticks and get out...similar to any other Assassin, more or less. She's very unconventional so you won't really be able to transfer skills from playing other Gods (like Loki, despite what any filthy casual says) to her playstyle, not if you want to be good with her.

Pros:
    +Good Mobility
    +Great Damage Output
    +Her various Ticks are great for baiting out escape-Ults/Relics like Aegis, and are also good at rendering them useless
    +She T H I C C ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Neutral:
    ~Her escape is a lot more situational than most Sins, so if you're positioned poorly and need to escape you may be SOL.
    ~Daji's Ticks are a 'double-edged sword'. While being able to bait Relics/Ultimates and securing kills out of combat, they also force Daji to prolong her engagements to get a substantial amount of ticks onto her target.

Cons:
    -Somewhat poor Lockdown (although the Slow added to her 1 helps a lot)
    -Ultimate is easily escaped
    -Easily shut down by Crowd Control
    -As with any other Assassin, what she delivers in Damage she lacks in Sustain

Abilities
    Passive: Torture Blades

To be honest, as soon as I saw Daji's passive in the 4.9 Patch Notes I fell in love with her. Torture Blades is easily one of my favorite Passive skills in Smite. This is really what gives Daji her title as the 'Queen of Ticks' as it applies Damage over Time (DoT) to all of her Autos. This Passive persuades you to include AAs (Auto-Attacks, in case anyone reading this isn't familiar w/Smite lingo) within her combos as it will add even more damage onto your target.

Ability 1: Horrible Burns

This is honestly Daji's best Ability right here. It gives adequate amounts of Burst Damage as well as even more DoT, has a low Mana Cost and a low CD. It can easily be Auto-canceled with her AA Pattern (First Auto > Horrible Burns > AA String and so on) which adds multiple sources of DoT onto a target, which will slowly eat away at their already-reduced Health. Whenever engaging a target, or responding to someone engaging onto you, use your Horrible Burns first to reduce whatever advantage or threshold they may have; its low CD will assure that you have it available to use later if the engagement drags on. Following this up properly will make almost any aggressor second-guess choosing you as their target.

Ability 2: One-Thousand Cuts

This skill is Daji's Waveclear and also functions as a "pseudo-escape" of sorts; its damage is also pretty solid (and it adds its own DoT). People say that Daji's WC sucks....those people have no clue what they're talking about. Once Daji reaches Mid-game this ability is all you need to take out a wave--to use it properly you just need to hit all minions in a wave with each strike. This can be done by approaching them at their side as they walk in their single-file line, or just frontal assault them if they've already engaged with your own wave. You can also dance around both sections of the wave (Archers and Brutes) if they become separated, which usually happens. This also makes Daji a swift Jungler too, as it allows her to clear camps quickly and/or traverse from camp-to-camp faster.

As far as combat usage goes this is Daji's best utility right here. Since Smite does not count Daji's 2 as an escape, it's immune to Cripples like Poseidon's Whirpool and Cupid's Fields of Love (Ultimate). It also has immunity to Slows which makes it a great Counter to AoE slows like the ones listed above as well as Ymir's ult and Goobis' Grasping Hands (it will also cleanse her of any Slows she has prior to using it). In addition to being immune to Slows and Cripples it also was given immunity to Knockups in 4.10, and she moves freely in all directions while channeling her 1K Cuts which allows this skill to function as an escape, as well as helping her in chasing. Be careful in using this move as it's still not immune to Stuns, Pulls and Grabs, and if you're hit by one of these Hard CCs in the middle of the animation it'll end it and trigger the CD which can really mess you up.

Ability 3: Trickster Spirit

Trickster Spirit is what makes her so situational. First off, it has a starting animation before she teleports which is about ~.75 seconds long. This skill is dedicated to being her true Escape, meaning that within this time it can be canceled by Hard CC that her One-Thousand Cuts is immune to (Knockups and Cripples). Tbh it's a sucky feeling when it happens, too v.v

Anyway, this move allows you to teleport (within its range ofc) to the following:

-Any Enemy or Ally God
    -Minions
    -Buff Camps/Neutral Creeps (i.e. Gold Fury Harpies)
    -Titans, either the enemy Titan or your own

A neat trick that I was actually late to discovering about Trickster Spirit is that Daji's positioning on her landing is dependent on the direction she is turned to as the starting animation ends. For example, if you activate it, then do a 180-Degree turn to face away from your target, you will land behind them instead of landing in front of them. This is yet another thing I love about Daji, as it adds a feature of technicality to her playstyle. Utilizing this can be useful for aggro-ing targets with instant frontal Burst Damage like Ra, Scylla, Vulcan and so on. It also functions as a great way to secure kills on targets with low health that are seeking refuge.

Funny story...before I knew about this, I used Trickster Spirit on a Ra as he was ulting, and I died instantly upon landing in front of him....Daji took his Searing Pain straight to the face. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, this move applies DoT from her passive onto whatever target she lands on (except allied targets, of course), and it can be used in various scenarios. I find myself using it primarily to engage onto unsuspecting targets, at maximum distance so that the sounds of the starting animation are slightly muted so they don't catch onto me as fast. This is what you're usually going to use to start a combo with Daji.

My two tips for you on her Trickster Spirit are:
    1. It can be used on any applicable target that's past a wall or obstacle. Use this to your advantage, but be careful if you're using it on an enemy like this as it can easily end up in you getting Jebaited.

2. PUH-LEEEZE DON'T USE THIS TO AGGRO AN ENEMY IF YOU'RE DOING IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. I've been guilty of doing this when I first started playing Daji, and I speak from experience when I say that you're practically asking them to kill you. Using it in this fashion lets your target know about your presence, and what's more is that they're also aware that you're about to aggro them, which has already given them the Fight-or-Flight mentality before you've even locked onto them. This prepares them to counter you the second you're locked onto them, which can really *expletive* you up since Trickster Spirit is your escape and you've already used it to aggro. Instead, try to use it in a way that doesn't let the enemy know you're there until you're already attacking them. Using it in THIS manner will create the need for an instant response on your target, which can cause panic in their mind and may get you an Aegis,Bead or Ultimate of theirs.

Ultimate: Paolao

So remember back when I said that Horrible Burns was Daji's best Active? Her Paolao rivals it easily. The thing I love about this ability is its basis: an ancient torture device in ancient Chinese Mythology....wait, that makes me sound so twisted O.o

Anyway, Daji's Paolao is an awesome Ultimate. It's unique in the sense that it's her only source of Crowd Control, and its overall appearance; at the same time it's not unique because it's obviously inspired from previous ultimates--namely, Ares + Rama.

This ult is where you're going to need to put your big boy/girl pants on and, simply put, "Git gud". As soon as you activate it Daji's Paolao shoots up from under her and you have three shots to take. These shots, which are similar to Rama's snipes in his Astral Barrage, each deal damage (making this a good kill move, although I don't suggest it for killing a single target since Daji already excels at that) and link a chain on a hit target back to the Paolao. You have 5 seconds to take all 3 shots, which is an ample amount of time once you get used to landing shots. Once you've completed all your shots, Her landing spot will show; you can either land right next to the Paolao or somewhat far away from it (I suggest right below it if you're ulting aggressively, and far away if you're ulting defensively). If you've managed to hook any enemies to the Paolao they'll be right next to it, Stunned as you land. If this is the case and you/your team has the upper hand in battle, land right in front of the Paolao to easily turn around and combo the stunned target. Her Paolao stun is 1 second long, which is enough time for you to apply your Horrible Burns onto them and get started on your 2, 3 or a string of your AAs onto them.

This is a great Ultimate for many reasons: You can secure kills with it, use it as an escape if you're being focused by multiple enemies (or just to stall for time for your team to get there), use it to pull enemies off of your retreating teammates, act as CC for your team to combo with it and so on.

My biggest tips to you in her ult is: Don't rush yourself, but at the same time don't take your time (because 5s is a lot shorter than you think, and her shot range is fairly close so once your targets all get out of range, you may as well hop off that thing). Also, lead your shots on--basically meaning, shoot in a place where you think someone is going to be at immediately before they get there. If they're being unpredictable, shoot around them and hope you get lucky, but pay close attention to their dodging patterns. As the match progresses, if you end up ulting again and they're your focus, remember back to their previous dodges and base your next shots on their dodging pattern. The Blink relic complements this Ultimate perfectly if you're using it defensively, but I'll talk about that more later.

....Oh, and also her leveling pattern is always going to be 2 (One-Thousand Cuts), 1 (Horrible Burns), 3 (Trickster Spirit) and then her Ultimate (Paolao).

As far as her combos go, this is the primary combo that you're going to be using (to save time, I won't be listing all possible combos here):
    3 onto your target > AA once upon landing > Auto-Cancel w/1 and apply > Auto-Attack > 2

Build(s)

As far as Builds go this is something that I can't give explicit advice on, as I build around my personal playstyle and Builds are very dynamic, changing to match Smite's current Meta. But this is what my God Builder for Daji (as of July 20th, 2017) looks like:

Starter Tab:
    Bluestone Pendant's passive has Daji's name written all over it. Another source of DoT on top of all the DoT she already has is pure bliss to a sexy, sadistic, evil fox spirit. Bumba's is something I only use on her if I'm Jungling in Conquest; in this case, I would go with a double starter and build both (just replace the Chalice with a couple of pots). The Chalice of Healing is just so that I'm not spending constant Gold on potions, which I found myself doing when I started playing her, and since Daji is only Mana-heavy in the immediate early game you should be fine with only 2 or so Mana Potions (she most definitely doesn't need Transcendence).

Core Tab:
    Warrior Tabi > Ninja Tabi for Daji since it gives more power which is preferred for her over Attack Speed. Jotunn's Wrath is a must since it gives everything she more-or-less needs: Power, Penetration and CDR. Hydra's and Heartseeker go hand-in-hand for her Damage, as they give her substantial burst and allow her to easily %100 squishy targets in a matter of <5 seconds, provided they have no defensive measures (Relics, Escapes, etc.)

Offensive Tab:
    Malice gives her a Crit source which lets Daji solo squishies in even less time. Crusher....tbh, is really just there if I have nothing else to put on her lol. Brawler's is for Antiheal obviously, and Titan's Bane is what I usually end up building on her as that scaling Penetration helps her handle the not-so-squishy targets--most commonly, 1v1 Warriors like Osiris and Bellona.

Defensive Tab:
    Magi's Blessing truly is a blessing to Daji as like I previously stated, she gets shut down easily by CC. I've had multiple occasions where I have a weak start with her (0-3 or 1-3, something like that), buy Magi's shortly into the Midgame, and then just pop off on the enemy team. It's great for absorbing possible punishes that would've stopped you in your tracks, and if you're facing CC-heavy Gods like Bacchus, Nox or Kumbakharna, I highly suggest building this item. Shifter's is there to be a Defensive option, but also provides a bit of Power if the defense isn't needed. Pretty useful if you're in prolonged 1v1s, which will usually be against other Assassins, Warriors or even the occasional Hunter due to the Mobility some Hunters have.

For me, a typical match build would be something along the lines of (in chronological order) Boots, Jotunn's, Magi's, Hydra's, Heartseeker and then a situational item (Titan's if going against tankier units, Brawler's if going against one major/multiple healing factors, or Malice if there's no situationals needed, usually.).

Relics:
    Purification Beads: Beads are almost always necessary for Daji as I'll say once again, CC is Daji's worst enemy. Not really much else to say here since Beads are Meta lol.

Blink: Blink complements my playstyle with Daji perfectly, to the point where I'll shake my head if I see someone building Aegis on Daji (that's usually my tell that they're a noob at her >:P).

Two primary reasons I run Blink on Daji are that it serves as her Initiation if need be. Using Blink to collapse onto a target (Blink > Horrible Burns > ???) improves Daji's Lockdown, which she honestly could use a bit of help on. This way, if you Blink to someone and they use their escape, you can activate your Trickster Spirit to lock onto them once again. If they don't have an Ultimate or Relic that can save them after this point, they're done for.

Also, Blink complements her Paolao perfectly if you're using it defensively. If you are, my escape tactic is Ult, but don't shoot--instead, wait a couple of seconds for your Blink timer to reset > Right-Click to hop off > Immediately after you hop off, Blink out to safety; if need be, you still should have your 2 and 3 to escape even further. For this tactic, you actually can't land any shots with your Paolao, because if you do then the Blink timer will reset the second you hop off. Blink can be used immediately after you get off of your Paolao which is great for dealing with the vultures that are your enemies, that will camp you right under your Paolao, waiting for you to get off so they can hopefully kill you.

Other options for Relics that I might suggest if you're not using these two all the time like me, are Aegis, Sprint (Heavenly Wings), Horrific Emblem, and if you want to get spicy and meme your opponents, Sunder and/or Thorns.

Anyway, that's my lengthy-ass Daji guide. Sorry for writing so much, but I hope you enjoyed reading it twice as much as I did posting it. If you have any questions or you want me to write guides on other Gods, let me know. In the end I hope this helped the OP :P
    Last edited by Triv3rr; 07-20-2017 at 10:05 PM.
    Rank 10 List:
    Neith - Sol - Chaac - Serqet - Terra - Jing Wei - Scylla - Awilix - Daji - Bellona - Athena (IN PROGRESS)

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Triv3rr View Post
    I got Da Ji to X shortly after 4.10, so I'll try to help you as best I can and with as much as I know how, just because I share your love of Daji too.
    This'll probably be a lengthy post (that's how you know it'll be worth reading, ecks dee), so fair warning?

First off, I guess a God Description of her is in order....so after playing her so much I would say that Daji is a single-target Assassin whose main focus is to get in, toss her ticks and get out...similar to any other Assassin, more or less. She's very unconventional so you won't really be able to transfer skills from playing other Gods (like Loki, despite what any filthy casual says) to her playstyle, not if you want to be good with her.

Pros:
    +Good Mobility
    +Great Damage Output
    +Her various Ticks are great for baiting out escape-Ults/Relics like Aegis, and are also good at rendering them useless

Neutral:
    ~Her escape is a lot more situational than most Sins, so if you're positioned poorly and need to escape you may be SOL.
    ~Daji's Ticks are a 'double-edged sword'. While being able to bait Relics/Ultimates and securing kills out of combat, they also force Daji to prolong her engagements to get a substantial amount of ticks onto her target.

Cons:

Abilities

To be honest, as soon as I saw Daji's passive in the 4.9 Patch Notes I fell in love with her. Torture Blades is easily one of my favorite Passive skills in Smite. This is really what gives Daji her title as the 'Queen of Ticks' as it applies Damage over Time (DoT) to all of her Autos. This Passive persuades you to include AAs (Auto-Attacks, in case anyone reading this isn't familiar w/Smite lingo) within her combos as it will add even more damage onto your target.

This is honestly Daji's best Ability right here. It gives adequate amounts of Burst Damage as well as even more DoT, has a low Mana Cost and a low CD. It can easily be Auto-canceled with her AA Pattern (First Auto > Horrible Burns > AA String and so on) which adds multiple sources of DoT onto a target, which will slowly eat away at their already-reduced Health. Whenever engaging a target, or responding to someone engaging onto you, use your Horrible Burns first to reduce whatever advantage or threshold they may have; its low CD will assure that you have it available to use later if the engagement drags on. Following this up properly will make almost any aggressor second-guess choosing you as their target.

This skill is Daji's Waveclear and also functions as a "pseudo-escape" of sorts; its damage is also pretty solid (and it adds its own DoT). People say that Daji's WC sucks....those people have no clue what they're talking about. Once Daji reaches Mid-game this ability is all you need to take out a wave--to use it properly you just need to hit all minions in a wave with each strike. This can be done by approaching them at their side as they walk in their single-file line, or just frontal assault them if they've already engaged with your own wave. You can also dance around both sections of the wave (Archers and Brutes) if they become separated, which usually happens. This also makes Daji a swift Jungler too, as it allows her to clear camps quickly and/or traverse from camp-to-camp faster.

As far as combat usage goes this is Daji's best utility right here. Since Smite does not count Daji's 2 as an escape, it's immune to Cripples like Poseidon's Whirpool and Cupid's Fields of Love (Ultimate). It also has immunity to Slows which makes it a great Counter to AoE slows like the ones listed above as well as Ymir's ult and Goobis' Grasping Hands (it will also cleanse her of any Slows she has prior to using it). In addition to being immune to Slows and Cripples it also was given immunity to Knockups in 4.10, and she moves freely in all directions while channeling her 1K Cuts which allows this skill to function as an escape, as well as helping her in chasing. Be careful in using this move as it's still not immune to Stuns, Pulls and Grabs, and if you're hit by one of these Hard CCs in the middle of the animation it'll end it and trigger the CD which can really mess you up.

Trickster Spirit is what makes her so situational. First off, it has a starting animation before she teleports which is about ~.75 seconds long. This skill is dedicated to being her true Escape, meaning that within this time it can be canceled by Hard CC that her One-Thousand Cuts is immune to (Knockups and Cripples). Tbh it's a sucky feeling when it happens, too v.v

Anyway, this move allows you to teleport (within its range ofc) to the following:

-Any Enemy or Ally God
    -Minions

A neat trick that I was actually late to discovering about Trickster Spirit is that Daji's positioning on her landing is dependent on the direction she is turned to as the starting animation ends. For example, if you activate it, then do a 180-Degree turn to face away from your target, you will land behind them instead of landing in front of them. This is yet another thing I love about Daji, as it adds a feature of technicality to her playstyle. Utilizing this can be useful for aggro-ing targets with instant frontal Burst Damage like Ra, Scylla, Vulcan and so on. It also functions as a great way to secure kills on targets with low health that are seeking refuge.

Funny story...before I knew about this, I used Trickster Spirit on a Ra as he was ulting, and I died instantly upon landing in front of him....Daji took his Searing Pain straight to the face. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, this move applies DoT from her passive onto whatever target she lands on (except allied targets, of course), and it can be used in various scenarios. I find myself using it primarily to engage onto unsuspecting targets, at maximum distance so that the sounds of the starting animation are slightly muted so they don't catch onto me as fast. This is what you're usually going to use to start a combo with Daji.

1. It can be used on any applicable target that's past a wall or obstacle. Use this to your advantage, but be careful if you're using it on an enemy like this as it can easily end up in you getting Jebaited.

2. PUH-LEEEZE DON'T USE THIS TO AGGRO AN ENEMY IF YOU'RE DOING IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. I've been guilty of doing this when I first started playing Daji, and I speak from experience when I say that you're practically asking them to kill you. Using it in this fashion lets your target know about your presence, and what's more is that they're also aware that you're about to aggro them, which has already given them the Fight-or-Flight mentality before you've even locked onto them. This prepares them to counter you the second you're locked onto them, which can really *expletive* you up since Trickster Spirit is your escape and you've already used it to aggro. Instead, try to use it in a way that doesn't let the enemy know you're there until you're already attacking them. Using it in THIS manner will create the need for an instant response on your target, which can cause panic in their mind and may get you an Aegis,Bead or Ultimate of theirs.

So remember back when I said that Horrible Burns was Daji's best Active? Her Paolao rivals it easily. The thing I love about this ability is its basis: an ancient torture device in ancient Chinese Mythology....wait, that makes me sound so twisted O.o

Anyway, Daji's Paolao is an awesome Ultimate. It's unique in the sense that it's her only source of Crowd Control, and its overall appearance; at the same time it's not unique because it's obviously inspired from previous ultimates--namely, Ares + Rama.

This ult is where you're going to need to put your big boy/girl pants on and, simply put, "Git gud". As soon as you activate it Daji's Paolao shoots up from under her and you have three shots to take. These shots, which are similar to Rama's snipes in his Astral Barrage, each deal damage (making this a good kill move, although I don't suggest it for killing a single target since Daji already excels at that) and link a chain on a hit target back to the Paolao. You have 5 seconds to take all 3 shots, which is an ample amount of time once you get used to landing shots. Once you've completed all your shots, Her landing spot will show; you can either land right next to the Paolao or somewhat far away from it (I suggest right below it if you're ulting aggressively, and far away if you're ulting defensively). If you've managed to hook any enemies to the Paolao they'll be right next to it, Stunned as you land. If this is the case and you/your team has the upper hand in battle, land right in front of the Paolao to easily turn around and combo the stunned target. Her Paolao stun is 1 second long, which is enough time for you to apply your Horrible Burns onto them and get started on your 2, 3 or a string of your AAs onto them.

This is a great Ultimate for many reasons: You can secure kills with it, use it as an escape if you're being focused by multiple enemies (or just to stall for time for your team to get there), use it to pull enemies off of your retreating teammates, act as CC for your team to combo with it and so on.

My biggest tips to you in her ult is: Don't rush yourself, but at the same time don't take your time (because 5s is a lot shorter than you think, and her shot range is fairly close so once your targets all get out of range, you may as well hop off that thing). Also, lead your shots on--basically meaning, shoot in a place where you think someone is going to be at immediately before they get there. If they're being unpredictable, shoot around them and hope you get lucky, but pay close attention to their dodging patterns. As the match progresses, if you end up ulting again and they're your focus, remember back to their previous dodges and base your next shots on their dodging pattern. The Blink relic complements this Ultimate perfectly if you're using it defensively, but I'll talk about that more later.

....Oh, and also her leveling pattern is always going to be 2 (One-Thousand Cuts), 1 (Horrible Burns), 3 (Trickster Spirit) and then her Ultimate (Paolao).

As far as her combos go, this is the primary combo that you're going to be using (to save time, I won't be listing all possible combos here):
    3 onto your target > AA once upon landing > Auto-Cancel w/1 and apply > Auto-Attack > 2

Build(s)

As far as Builds go this is something that I can't give explicit advice on, as I build around my personal playstyle and Builds are very dynamic, changing to match Smite's current Meta. But this is what my God Builder for Daji (as of July 20th, 2017) looks like:

Starter Tab:
    Bluestone Pendant's passive has Daji's name written all over it. Another source of DoT on top of all the DoT she already has is pure bliss to a sexy, sadistic, evil fox spirit. Bumba's is something I only use on her if I'm Jungling in Conquest; in this case, I would go with a double starter and build both (just replace the Chalice with a couple of pots). The Chalice of Healing is just so that I'm not spending constant Gold on potions, which I found myself doing when I started playing her, and since Daji is only Mana-heavy in the immediate early game you should be fine with only 2 or so Mana Potions (she most definitely doesn't need Transcendence).

Core Tab:
    Warrior Tabi > Ninja Tabi for Daji since it gives more power which is preferred for her over Attack Speed. Jotunn's Wrath is a must since it gives everything she more-or-less needs: Power, Penetration and CDR. Hydra's and Heartseeker go hand-in-hand for her Damage, as they give her substantial burst and allow her to easily %100 squishy targets in a matter of <5 seconds, provided they have no defensive measures (Relics, Escapes, etc.)

Offensive Tab:
    Malice gives her a Crit source which lets Daji solo squishies in even less time. Crusher....tbh, is really just there if I have nothing else to put on her lol. Brawler's is for Antiheal obviously, and Titan's Bane is what I usually end up building on her as that scaling Penetration helps her handle the not-so-squishy targets--most commonly, 1v1 Warriors like Osiris and Bellona.

Defensive Tab:
    Magi's Blessing truly is a blessing to Daji as like I previously stated, she gets shut down easily by CC. I've had multiple occasions where I have a weak start with her (0-3 or 1-3, something like that), buy Magi's shortly into the Midgame, and then just pop off on the enemy team. It's great for absorbing possible punishes that would've stopped you in your tracks, and if you're facing CC-heavy Gods like Bacchus, Nox or Kumbakharna, I highly suggest building this item. Shifter's is there to be a Defensive option, but also provides a bit of Power if the defense isn't needed. Pretty useful if you're in prolonged 1v1s, which will usually be against other Assassins, Warriors or even the occasional Hunter due to the Mobility some Hunters have.

For me, a typical match build would be something along the lines of (in chronological order) Boots, Jotunn's, Magi's, Hydra's, Heartseeker and then a situational item (Titan's if going against tankier units, Brawler's if going against one major/multiple healing factors, or Malice if there's no situationals needed, usually.).

Relics:
    Purification Beads: Beads are almost always necessary for Daji as I'll say once again, CC is Daji's worst enemy. Not really much else to say here since Beads are Meta lol.

Blink: Blink complements my playstyle with Daji perfectly, to the point where I'll shake my head if I see someone building Aegis on Daji (that's usually my tell that they're a noob at her >:P).

Two primary reasons I run Blink on Daji are that it serves as her Initiation if need be. Using Blink to collapse onto a target (Blink > Horrible Burns > ???) improves Daji's Lockdown, which she honestly could use a bit of help on. This way, if you Blink to someone and they use their escape, you can activate your Trickster Spirit to lock onto them once again. If they don't have an Ultimate or Relic that can save them after this point, they're done for.

Also, Blink complements her Paolao perfectly if you're using it defensively. If you are, my escape tactic is Ult, but don't shoot--instead, wait a couple of seconds for your Blink timer to reset > Right-Click to hop off > Immediately after you hop off, Blink out to safety; if need be, you still should have your 2 and 3 to escape even further. For this tactic, you actually can't land any shots with your Paolao, because if you do then the Blink timer will reset the second you hop off. Blink can be used immediately after you get off of your Paolao which is great for dealing with the vultures that are your enemies, that will camp you right under your Paolao, waiting for you to get off so they can hopefully kill you.

Other options for Relics that I might suggest if you're not using these two all the time like me, are Aegis, Sprint (Heavenly Wings), Horrific Emblem, and if you want to get spicy and meme your opponents, Sunder and/or Thorns.

Anyway, that's my lengthy-ass Daji guide. Sorry for writing so much, but I hope you enjoyed reading it twice as much as I did posting it. If you have any questions or you want me to write guides on other Gods, let me know. In the end I hope this helped the OP :P
    This is a Smitefire tier guide. Well done.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    This is a Smitefire tier guide. Well done.
    Thank you, that means a lot to me <3

On an unrelated note I'm diggin' that Terra avatar :P
    Rank 10 List:
    Neith - Sol - Chaac - Serqet - Terra - Jing Wei - Scylla - Awilix - Daji - Bellona - Athena (IN PROGRESS)

Member Worshipper CallousSapphire's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Pros:
    +Good Mobility
    +Great Damage Output

Neutral:

Cons:

Abilities

-Any Enemy or Ally God
    -Minions

Build(s)

Starter Tab:

Core Tab:

Offensive Tab:

Defensive Tab:

Relics:

Thanks for the amazing read! I was levelling her abilities wrong, haha. Whoops. I'll also try out your build when I'm next on! Thanks for the tips, but I'm a bit worried about the combo. I live in Australia and play on the NA and Europe servers, and I can't hit my basics at all. Is Da Ji worth playing if I can't hit my AA's? Her ultimate is near to impossible for me to use as well. It takes even longer for the chains to fire.
    Somehow I'm now a Discordia main, even though I'm terrible at her..

Forever stuck playing Support because I'm awful at every other role...

Clash/Arena/Siege player. PSN: CallousSapphire.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by CallousSapphire View Post
    Thanks for the amazing read! I was levelling her abilities wrong, haha. Whoops. I'll also try out your build when I'm next on! Thanks for the tips, but I'm a bit worried about the combo. I live in Australia and play on the NA and Europe servers, and I can't hit my basics at all. Is Da Ji worth playing if I can't hit my AA's? Her ultimate is near to impossible for me to use as well. It takes even longer for the chains to fire.
    I would say it's at least worth a shot; even if you can't land your autos playing her is still fun. If it takes longer for the chains to fire on her Paolao you could always try to make up for the lag by leading your shots on even further than usual. I hope I helped in the slightest
    Rank 10 List:

Member Worshipper CallousSapphire's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I would say it's at least worth a shot; even if you can't land your autos playing her is still fun. If it takes longer for the chains to fire on her Paolao you could always try to make up for the lag by leading your shots on even further than usual. I hope I helped in the slightest
    I'll definitely try to play her more. She's very outside of my comfort zone and it makes me nervous to play a new God. I don't wanna be the one that lets down the team.. :/ I say that and I've lost all my games as Da Ji in Clash but 2.
    Somehow I'm now a Discordia main, even though I'm terrible at her..

Forever stuck playing Support because I'm awful at every other role...

Clash/Arena/Siege player. PSN: CallousSapphire.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by CallousSapphire View Post
    I'll definitely try to play her more. She's very outside of my comfort zone and it makes me nervous to play a new God. I don't wanna be the one that lets down the team.. :/ I say that and I've lost all my games as Da Ji in Clash but 2.
    If you lose, but you learn something, then you didn't lose. One of my favorite commercials that's airing now in the U.S. is a Gatorade™ spot with Michael Jordan talking about how the secret to Victory is Defeat, and I believe that can be applied to almost, if not anything really :P

The fact that Daji is out of your comfort zone is also a good thing...that means by learning her you develop your playstyle and become comfortable with playing a character outside of your usual roster. Once you get used to her, you'll be able to get used to other Assassins, so on and so forth ^^
    Rank 10 List: