Thread: Hi-Rez "copying" League's chest system

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points

Hi-Rez "copying" League's chest system

Before I start saying anything here it is not a copy/paste thing.It is not a replica of the system in League but you can see a lot of similarities with the systems.

Just to let you guys know how it works in League...

When you play a game you get a character grade.If you manage to get a S-, S or S+ you get a mastery chest for that champion.You need a key to open it but you get key fragments for free at random when you finish a match.When you open the chest you can get a champion shard, skin shard, ward shard or a handful of other things(I think).There is a crafting system in League that I won't bore you with.But it's a way for people who don't want to play to get skins and ward skins.

These aren't shit skins either.These are actual premium skins that normally require money to obtain.While getting the chests can be hard for newer players it's not impossible as a scrub like me have gotten a few.But there are a lot more details that I won't go into to keep the post size down.

Now the system Hi-Rez have?I am not against it.First of all it's free stuff so that's nice.I just thought I would make this...rather long thread to let everyone know where the idea came from.

One more thing.This is not a negative thread about Hi-Rez or League or anything else.I simply wanted to point out that this system is very similar to League's system.That is all.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    What I see is 2 companies trying to motivate their players to play their game? That's the similar part of it. There are no chests, crafting, keys or anything like that in Smite. Plus the skins in Smite are way less premium because you just need to win a single game, while in LoL you have to grind your ass off to get enough fragments for key (or of course give them money and buy it, which makes the whole idea illogical). This is similar to FWOTD but it's not really only the first wins and instead of favor you get tiny chest. Do I have to give examples of other games that have similar systems where they reward their players for winning/playing their games?

If you want to compare 2 companies for copying each other make sure that you present enough arguments that they actually copy each other. You could say HiRez tried to copy Mario Cart with their previous adventure but this right here is not a copy. Plus on top of all the previous differences I said above in Smite there is Chest Evolving -> the more you win, the better chests you get.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EnemaGod View Post
    <insert words here>
    As I stated in the post.I am not saying HiRez copy/pasted the system.I merely wanted to point out the fact that this was a feature in League that SMITE has recently added in a similar way.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    They aren't really that similar.

In league you get chests from performing once well with a champion or in a party with someone who has performed well, whereas in smite its just wins. League has a currency system with chests, smite does not. League has keys, smite does not.

I can understand the whole "Look! Chests! Copying!" But the fact is that the systems arent really that similar. the Only similarity is that you get chests from doing well, but even then this is decided differently between games. In league you can get chests without winning, in smite you cannot.

are the systems similar? Kinda, not really. The idea of chests is the same, but the way that they implemented it is quite different. Hi-rez may have received some inspiration, but I still think Hirez went about it in their own way. Also, there are very few "original ideas" and very few games can say they own them, as such systems are quite staple across mobas, and a lot of things are similar, such as god/champion/whatever abilities. Are they copies?

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    If you ask me, It kinda of looks like Clash Royale's Chest system just only with time and gems being used as the currency in CR rather than Favor and Gems in this game.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.