Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nice job getting someone that truely enjoyed the game banned

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Nice job getting someone that truely enjoyed the game banned

I dont care for this game anymore, but ive seen my brother play alot, and I found it retarded when he told me he got banned. When I asked why he got banned, he said it is because he was "speed hacking." The problem with this is noone truely even knows what speed hacking looks like, so if they see any sign of someone skipping frames, they call it speed hacking. If anyone in Hirez truely knew how the coding in the game works, or lag looks like, you can tell it will be lag, but obviously you blindly listen to some stupid streamer (wolfy) who knows absolutely nothing about speed hacking or anything and perma ban someone that spent hundreds of dollars on this game. You banned him without any proof of speed hacking even though he asked to show proof. The true reason why he moves in game like that is because of lag. We dont have great internet at home, and he plays upstairs while the router is downstairs, and has a constant 165 ping, yet he made it to gm last season. It's truely ridiculous when a company perma bans someone that spent money on a free game without any proof and are actually wrong, see to it that you find proof of speedhacking or unban him. Seems to me like you side with wolfy because he makes you more money rather than actually looking into the problem and finding out if he is speed hacking, or maybe some kind of technical issue.
    Last edited by bujujubo; 07-17-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Triv3rr's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    If it was because of lag why not move closer to the modem? Or if it's bad to the point where that wouldn't help, why play at all until you can remedy it somehow?

Either way, you can dispute the case if you need to

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Triv3rr View Post
    If it was because of lag why not move closer to the modem? Or if it's bad to the point where that wouldn't help, why play at all until you can remedy it somehow?

Either way, you can dispute the case if you need to
    First of all, he liked to play in his bedroom, didnt feel like playing downstairs, too much noise, and second, whether the issue was solvable or not, the fact of the matter is there was no speed hacking involved which Hirez doesnt care about as long as they are making money, which is apparent.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Triv3rr's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I've seen this happen before in other MMOs. Usually sending a ticket/disputing it helps if you decide to go with that route.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Please keep in mind, that Hi-Rez actually reviews the hacking reports manually. High ping will not get you banned, as I quite frequently play at a much higher ping then 165.

They have some sort of game review recording system that can pull past games and review if you could make it from point A to point B with the movement speed items you have, with the abilities that you have, with the natural movement items you have, and takes into account several other things including interactions with other abilities and high ping. I do not know if it takes into account packet loss. Also, if you really think Hi-Rez is going to ban over 165 ping you got another thing coming. I know the system is tolerant to at least people with double, if not near triple that.

That being said, I am not saying that he was speed hacking, but its very stupid to assume that they banned for speedhacking off just a report. Also, what does this streamer have to do with anything. Are you saying that he submitted some sort of video to Hi-Rez? Have you reviewed it? If so, send a ticket saying you reviewed this video and can explain everything.

You will NOT get an explanation of what was needed to ban though. Its their company policy to hide that information as revealing it can often help make companies that make cheat software improve on hiding the symptoms that Hi-Rez saw.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Please see the sticky on bans in the forum.

The issue is likely that your brother's motherboard is older and not properly registering response time to the unreal game engine. This results in faster cooldowns for gods, and literally the ability for a character in game to reach from point A to B faster than the engine can keep up with. It is usually the result overclocking a CPU (vs. a GPU) and getting the cycles of the GPU up to a much faster level than factory settings.

When this exploit was revealed it was also seen that some people did it regularly. Those cases I believe are the ones that warrant a ban. Possible mistakes were made in assuming your brother was doing this intentionally so I would dispute it and possibly get his ban lifted.

Junior Member Cupidhead phatal808's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Wait what? You can get banned because their faulty engine doesn't function properly due to overclocking??? How stupid is that?

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    No, that's not correct. You can get banned because your MB does not send the correct timings to the programs that use it for timing. Its a hardware to Software thing, and only some programs are affected. Unfortunately, nearly all Unreal engine 3 games are affected by this, and from my admittedly limited understanding about engine licensing, its not something that Hi-Rez can fix without switching game engines. This has been a issue in several games that rely on it for ages--So long, I actually forgot about it. Most of the time its not directly overclocking (Unless if you have a very particular set of Computer parts---Ryzens or older Intel processors), its you enabling/or disabling something that regulates the internal timings of your computer that isn't required for overclocking, but is often tampered with when overclocking without understanding the full ramifications of what is being done. In worst case scenarios, the stuff being referred to actually tampers with the windows clock and only hides itself because windows re-syncs time with online servers.

If you overclock and make sure everything is Kosher, this will not be a issue. There are programs to check this supposedly, but the only way I know of to check it is to look at the animations of stuff in game and see if they are accelerated. You can do this in nearly any Unreal 3 engine game.

If you know the issue was overclocking in one of these rare circumstances, try hitting up (I think) HiRezCapslock in a PM on the Reddit forums. Be nice and cordial about it and he may be able to do something for you.

Bear in mind though that if you were one of the 2% cases of this where overclocking or tampering with said settings got you banned, you were definitely speed hacking, although admittedly unknowingly. If you are one of these cases, it would be best to just say "I didn't realize and I thought the game was being funny."

Sorry if this is coming across as being rude--Just trying to be informative and sometimes that comes across rude-But I want to be clear in saying that I am not trying to do so.

Achievements:
    I think you are right, he plays on a laptop that isnt too great as it is so that may be the reason it looks like he is moving fast, but the thing is we did send in a ticket asking for proof and asked why he got banned, all they said to us was that you arent allowed to use softwares outside of smite for enhancing performance, although none was used. We asked for proof of it, and they never replied, and for that reason i posted here. The reason i brought up the streamer is because he was making such a fuss of the issue, and didnt even stop to think about it being lag, instead he immediately accuses him of hacking merely because wade is better at smite than him, then links videos to hirez employees and begs them to ban him, and ofcourse you know how chats in streams are, they dont think for themselves, the streamer does it for them because most of them lack brains, and all of them called it hacking too without really looking into the issue.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaphtalia View Post
    No, that's not correct. You can get banned because your MB does not send the correct timings to the programs that use it for timing. Its a hardware to Software thing, and only some programs are affected. Unfortunately, nearly all Unreal engine 3 games are affected by this, and from my admittedly limited understanding about engine licensing, its not something that Hi-Rez can fix without switching game engines. This has been a issue in several games that rely on it for ages--So long, I actually forgot about it. Most of the time its not directly overclocking (Unless if you have a very particular set of Computer parts---Ryzens or older Intel processors), its you enabling/or disabling something that regulates the internal timings of your computer that isn't required for overclocking, but is often tampered with when overclocking without understanding the full ramifications of what is being done. In worst case scenarios, the stuff being referred to actually tampers with the windows clock and only hides itself because windows re-syncs time with online servers.

If you overclock and make sure everything is Kosher, this will not be a issue. There are programs to check this supposedly, but the only way I know of to check it is to look at the animations of stuff in game and see if they are accelerated. You can do this in nearly any Unreal 3 engine game.

If you know the issue was overclocking in one of these rare circumstances, try hitting up (I think) HiRezCapslock in a PM on the Reddit forums. Be nice and cordial about it and he may be able to do something for you.

Bear in mind though that if you were one of the 2% cases of this where overclocking or tampering with said settings got you banned, you were definitely speed hacking, although admittedly unknowingly. If you are one of these cases, it would be best to just say "I didn't realize and I thought the game was being funny."

Sorry if this is coming across as being rude--Just trying to be informative and sometimes that comes across rude-But I want to be clear in saying that I am not trying to do so.
    its no problem i actually really appreciate the info you truly helped unlike others in twitch chats from streams, thank you again for spending the time to help.