Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reported for not "trying"

Junior Member Cupidhead Crotchfruit's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

Reported for not "trying"

I was in an arena game, where two people dc''d near the start. I fought for a bit but we were almost 100 points down so I started running around in circles, so the match could get over sooner. This lead to the other two people my team going nuts over me doing thing. I said the game was over, you are just slowing down the ending and you are getting farmed. They got even more mad, names were called and they reported me.

After the match, some on the other team said they would report me for not "trying". There was nothing to try. It was a ruined match, just move on and stop crying about it. Also, the two that dc'd were never reported. They were the direct cause of the match being ruined. No one knows if they lost connection or just left but they did, so to punish someone who is left in a ruined game is pretty petty.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    First of all, how do you know the other 2 weren't also reported? Second, if you are not trying and you are only moving to not get kicked from inactivity you are reportable for the same reasons someone afk is. You are sitting here saying you wanted the opponents to defeat you faster so you stopped playing against them. That is simply assisting in ruining the game for your team mates, you made it a 2v5 after the other 2 initially made it a 3v5. That makes you guilty of the same crime(metaphor).

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    There were no calls to report them, only me. The two that left were in the same clan with one of the three left in the same clan. He was not going to report his mates.

Your logic doesn't make sense. The game is already ruined. Nothing the 3 of us could do would stop the game from a loss for our side. Just let them in so we can move on to a balanced game.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    You cant report for that.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    You do realize that feeding could do the same thing without raging them right?

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Except purposely doing nothing is the same offense as going afk, which is reportable. You should thrown the surrender vote or kept trying, there you wouldn't have been reported. I'm sorry but you joined a game knowing you have to play until it's over via surrender or a team wins, giving up and leaving it 2v5, you deserve to be reported for that.
    Last edited by ZodiacZer0; 07-16-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ZodiacZer0 View Post
    Except purposely doing nothing is the same offense as going afk, which is reportable. You should thrown the surrender vote or kept trying, there you wouldn't have been reported. I'm sorry but you joined a game knowing you have to play until it's over via surrender or a team wins, giving up and leaving it 2v5, you deserve to be reported for that.
    I put the vote up twice and they refused.

Why should I run out and get 4v1 every time? That doesn't make any sense. The rational the smite community has is odd.

I could see if it was just one person who left the match, I wouldn't have stopped trying. When it was two, the game is broke and the outcome will be a loss. Not trying at that point is exactly the same as trying, except you aren't getting farmed and you aren't slowing down the end of the game. So report the people who left (which no one did) and don't worry about the people who stayed.
    Last edited by Crotchfruit; 07-16-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Even if you have people who DC, you still have to at least make it look like you aren't throwing in the towel.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    I mean, it WAS Arena.

No one really tries all that much in that mode anyways.
    Art is merely an extension of our imagination. A true artist imagines more than they draw, write, or even play; art may cause a revolution, but imagination causes the uproar.

~Gray

Sometimes I think God gave some people too many Lemons, as their just becoming way too pissy.

Hundun, the Faceless Beast God Concept

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Tree45PeecN1's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I can't believe there's so many people saying keep trying. I'm with you OP, you can't win 3v5. Try for surrender if that don't work take a smoke break.