Thread: Ps4 in game chat? PC has it?

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class

Ps4 in game chat? PC has it?

Why doesn't console have an in game chat instead of an outside one?

Today was a bad day for me with people doing crazy stuff and dying a lot. My ranked joust the other day was even worse. You try and communicate with these people through outside chat.

The game can get like this but you need to tell these people in game as some are moaning when you add them to a group. Groups are fun outside of smite but really people just then leave the group once added or accuse you of adding them to a group for no reason when all you want to do is tell them that building 4 defence items on a hunter won't win duo lane.

Today I had 4 insterlockers in conquest 3 of which had accounts set to private so I could not message.. All went mid and died, 1 left the game. You can't even tell these people what they are doing wrong.

I just think ps4 needs an ingame chat like PC has so we can discuss things.. This would throw out the window much confusion and people can ask for build advice and tips. I don't see why we need to have a god voting system for ranked bans in future updates when you could try and put together some sort of ingame chat? War thunder has it and it works just fine.

What do you guys think? PC players using chat to console players who do/do not want it?
    I like turtles

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Do you play with a keyboard? I take that as a no, do you know how much time it would take to type out things? By the time you type "lets steal FG" they will have it done.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    But how can it be in planted without distracting the player PC set up let's them play and be able to type if there wish a controller doesn't have that option.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihadned View Post
    Do you play with a keyboard? I take that as a no, do you know how much time it would take to type out things? By the time you type "lets steal FG" they will have it done.
    I have a Bluetooth keyboard? And I use that to type? But they don't let you actually use a keyboard as a controller so no I don't use it like I use a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePebble02 View Post
    But how can it be in planted without distracting the player PC set up let's them play and be able to type if there wish a controller doesn't have that option.
    It's easier than going out the game and sending the person a message. If the person doesn't do something so simple as go correct lane in conquest.
    I like turtles

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    You know if you plug in a mic(which comes with the ps4 ...) And don't actually make a party chat, everything you say goes through game chat. If the people you are playing with are already in a party and using that over game chat they won't here anything you say but you can still see someone is trying to talk by the little lines at the speaker next to their icon so they could switch over if they wanted to communicate. Text based chat actually doesn't tend to work as well as voice based chat anyway, it is much slower and forces people to look at and read it for it to be of any benefit when they may have been in reaction based combat.

As for a voting system in bans, of course we need this. Who cares if you can say who you want to pick/ban if the person in charge can just ignore all of your input and ban whoever they feel like regardless.

Member Worshipper NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by commandoo View Post
    Why doesn't console have an in game chat instead of an outside one?

Today was a bad day for me with people doing crazy stuff and dying a lot. My ranked joust the other day was even worse. You try and communicate with these people through outside chat.

The game can get like this but you need to tell these people in game as some are moaning when you add them to a group. Groups are fun outside of smite but really people just then leave the group once added or accuse you of adding them to a group for no reason when all you want to do is tell them that building 4 defence items on a hunter won't win duo lane.

Today I had 4 insterlockers in conquest 3 of which had accounts set to private so I could not message.. All went mid and died, 1 left the game. You can't even tell these people what they are doing wrong.

I just think ps4 needs an ingame chat like PC has so we can discuss things.. This would throw out the window much confusion and people can ask for build advice and tips. I don't see why we need to have a god voting system for ranked bans in future updates when you could try and put together some sort of ingame chat? War thunder has it and it works just fine.

What do you guys think? PC players using chat to console players who do/do not want it?
    If you play in console you have to accept there will be certain things you won't be able to do. If you want to communicate to your team you just can invite them to your party. It's pointless to add an in-game chat, you won't have the time to type anything before it's too late. I guess if you want to do so you better get a pad keyboard and send a message to that user as fast as you can.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Achievements:
    They are making it so that ranked players can choose what gods they want banned so the leader of the group ranked can make his decision easier. That's great but really a chat system even in lobby would make it easier. You can ask what gods you want and what gods you want banned alot easier. They have this in other games like war thunder and it's really easy once you get the hang of it.

I just find ps4 annoying as you cant always message the person. If there is an in game chat atleast you can tell them what they are doing wrong. You can also tell people why the heck are they just dying 24/7?

PC players talk to each other though it and it's really usefull unlike ps4 which is not.
    I like turtles

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Again, mic comes with the ps4, you can talk instead of typing.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    You know PC mainly using the text chat to send hate mail to each other. The PS4 does come with a mic but the reason people don't join parties is they usually want to curse someone out. If you are in a party before the match it is because you want to talk with your friends not your allies in the game. They set messages to private because people also send you hate mail through that method.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 873
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Again, mic comes with the ps4, you can talk instead of typing.
    What he said.

No need to form a chat party, you just plug in your free mic and talk. Pc has text type, ps4 has active voice chat. Its no doubt easier to hear in a pre-formed psn chat room, but its not a requirement for voice chat on ps4.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING