Thread: New Tutorials in 4.13

Junior Member Senior Minion Cryorus's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

New Tutorials in 4.13

With 4.13 we get the long requested rework of the Wisdom Tab, !!! BUT !!! we still need to rework the older intro Tutorial ( " older " is a loose term since they had been reworked already).
    The older Tutorial gives new players wrong ideas from the beginning and with the relic changes even more now.
    Meditation as a Starter relic on a Hunter? The new Meditation (Upgrade only) May be of some use for mages but not Hunters.
    And buying no Starter Items?
    I've made a smurf Account just to see how the low lvl matches of conquest go, and I have Seen hell.
    Meditation galore and almost no Starter Items. No Wonder that flame wars break out because of "Troll builds" they never knew better.

What do you think? How much of a rework in Wisdom/Tutorial do we need?
    I think at least a Starter guide for every class, like commonly bought Starter Items/ relics.
    Of course beginner friendly stuff. Like Hunter Start with deaths toll and Boots + potion and Sprint or similar starts.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 1000 Experience Points
    When I was new I have no idea what shit was going on, and why people BM me, despite I told them Im new. (Fuck Matchmaking honestly)

I ended up wasting 4 hours to memorize every god abilities, skill leveling, and item builds.

So I really wish for new tutorials, cause I barely knew the Wisdom Tab existed then, and I think this will help those level 5 players to learn Smite in a better way

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Reading up on a tutorial on how to play SMITE conquest doesnt do anything once you actually get into the mode.

Its all about the current meta (That Hi Rez doesnt really control) and its all about game sense.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I don't get why they aren't waiting for the conquest remap in season 5. But its nice that they are doing it.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissyum View Post
    When I was new I have no idea what shit was going on, and why people BM me, despite I told them Im new. (Fuck Matchmaking honestly)

I ended up wasting 4 hours to memorize every god abilities, skill leveling, and item builds.

So I really wish for new tutorials, cause I barely knew the Wisdom Tab existed then, and I think this will help those level 5 players to learn Smite in a better way
    I would rather learn about every god and every item than a small bit of starting information in a tutorial anyway. Personally think tutorial should just show game mechanics, not give build advice. Build advice is what the popular tab is for. As is a 'better tutorial' that makes people think they are ready for a real game when they know nothing about different gods is not actually going to help people.

They should have a part where everything is staged on the conquest map and it makes you buy a ward and then place it in a specific spot on the side of the lane. Then it has an ai bot come through the jungle and be detected by the ward and it shows it over on the map etc, so people know about its existence and what happens. Might get new players to start using them more.