Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow... Guardians are Uber fun

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 1000 Experience Points

Wow... Guardians are Uber fun

So I bought Ares yesterday, and instantly fell in love with his ult.

Seriously, there is NOTHING cooler than setting up a 4 man Kuku ult with No Escape.

He got a penta... :/

So I decided to have more fun and buy another Guardian despite my schedule tells me to buy a Warrior..

OMG... I bought Athena, and that Shield Wall, Confound combo is FABULOUS.. I can easily 100-0 someone with those skills easily.

Her role? Oh yeah... GUARDIANS

I've decided to take a step back from being a Hunter main-ish, and do a noble thing... PLAYING GUARDIANS every game..

Seriously.. There is no role, more versatile (well, warriors are kinda more), more loved than guardians.. And they are so easy to not fuck up. I played Ares doing nothing but Blink-No Escape-Searing Flesh all game, and my team loves me.

This thread sort of has 3 questions:

1. Why do they rarely get picked? I mean Guardians are the most fun since I could remember while playing Smite. Not to mention, high damage, high CC..

2. This role has the least chance of someone BM-ing you, and they are so easy.. (At least that's what it was for me in Arena, Clash, and Joust) Right?

3. Which are your favorite and most successful guardians? Have you ever succeeded with Guardians rather than, say.. Hunters, Mages...
    (Just a fun question.. no need to answer.)
    I Only buy Greek, Roman and Norse Gods... (+Guardians just Recently)
    WHY??
    Blame Rick Riordan for not writing books on other Pantheons

Kane Chronicles Sucks, don't count that

Full Time Demigod and Mythology Fan
    Part Time Archer (No... Seriously.. I'm an Archer)

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    They love you on Ares as long as things go well. That can turn to hate if the enemy team immunes and counters your initiate with your death.

1. Because some people don't like to fight at melee range and can't monitor the battlefield well.

2. That is not true because if their is a lost and you are negative which may happen on a guardian. They still may blame you for a the lost.Some people well never take response ability for there own death and try to blame someone.

3.Bacchus and Sobek are my diamond guardians and my favorites. I pretty much like all of them minus Fafnir, Khepri, and Athena

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    1. People prefer safe face-rolling hunters and gods like Zeus

2. Guardians get alot of hate for multiple reasons; not saving a teammate that's doing something stupid, the guardian not performing well, or anything that every class can do that would make people toxic

3. Sylvanus, actually got my first quadra with him. Still prefer mages and assassin's because when I play guardian my team has no frickin clue what they are doing and have no idea how to support each other at all

Forum Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,843
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Ares for a reason is my only Diamond Guardian
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Huh weird..

The only time I got blamed was when I missed No Escape. How? NO FUCKING IDEA

And I always claim the blame if it really is my fault. For example if I fail to peel, or stuff.

But really? People are rude af when someone sacrifices himself by playing a less popular role. Honestly that's just CRUEL

Also, I'm never salty.. NOT ONCE, and i hope it stays that way

Is it possible my behavior of never blaming, and actually saying sorry if it really is my fault does help reduce me getting the blame?

Achievements:
    Also, apparently people are dumb enough NOT buying beads vs Ares

Member Worshipper LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    1. Cause people don't like to think and just want to kill.
    2. Actually supposed gaurdian is probably the most BMed role in the game next to KS jungle that robs his allies of any and all exp.
    3. Khumba nothing feels better that bopping them with my gut and blasting 50% of there health off.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Guardians don't get picked because their stat lines don't always stroke a player's epeen, and it is easily the most harassed class. Everything is the fault of the guardian player. I've had a Cupid with a negative stat line go absolutely ape shit at me in post game and then through PM because as Sylvanus in an Arena game my one death was the closer to the match. I mean, the mental gymnastics people will perform in order to convince themselves that the loss is entirely the fault of one of the only classes that is actively giving a shit about and going out of its way to protect and serve the whole team is astonishing.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    My favorites are probably xian Tian, sobek and khumba. Cabrakan can be pretty nice too, I've still got more to try out though.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by OlBloodNGutz View Post
    Guardians don't get picked because their stat lines don't always stroke a player's epeen, and it is easily the most harassed class. Everything is the fault of the guardian player. I've had a Cupid with a negative stat line go absolutely ape shit at me in post game and then through PM because as Sylvanus in an Arena game my one death was the closer to the match. I mean, the mental gymnastics people will perform in order to convince themselves that the loss is entirely the fault of one of the only classes that is actively giving a shit about and going out of its way to protect and serve the whole team is astonishing.
    oh I'd argue that they get BM'd the most. as a jungler the amount of shit you get is unbelievable. ie ur dropping blue and dual gets ganked and it's your fault for not being there, when no wards they were pushed way up and poked down hard. or my personal all time favorite they call for gank and u out of habit do it in the process you die, cuz they had NO MANA OR HP to help and just left u out to dry, sumtimes it's wrose when they help n both die n u live cuz you had full hp n didn't get focused.