Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Okie, I am done. Smite has one of the worst communities considering Conquest.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 520
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered

Okie, I am done. Smite has one of the worst communities considering Conquest.

HiRez should really promote Conquest more with proper tutorials and better conquest recommended items.

You know.

LoL - players know the basics, where to start, where each role goes. And so on.

Dota 2 - players know the basics, which items to get and so on (most of them).

HOTS - simple as that. Players at least rotate to objectives.

Paragon - I mean, I played it and even there players know where to go and which items are good (cards but who the hell cares).

And Smite. Support with no starter items, Jungle doesn't start at middle lane, never goes for camps. Players pick recommended items and I meet players who think that duo lane is always right lane and troll by going there always. What the hell is that?

HiRez should really revisit Conquest and make proper tutorials and force players to play Co-Op vs bots at least to learn the basics of Conquest. Because, at this point, it's impossible to play in this gamemode. Both teams doing random things with random items and paths.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    I refuse to believe there's a community worse than CoD and For Honor. It's physically impossible.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead WILANDRIA's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Cq in smite is just a huge farm fest. How da fuq anyone screws that up IDK.

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    CoD, Halo, and For Honor have worse communities. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. ✌

Achievements:
    Guys, I am not talking about communities in general, I was talking about playerbase understanding (in general) how the main gamemode works/should work at its basics. That's a difference

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Firstly.. i comprehend what you meant in your thread.. But the title does not point out what you mean, maybe change it to something less ranty..

Now being someone relatively new in conquest, and have kinda seen most player types, lets sort that out from what the tutorial gives us

1. Dudes who play arena till level 30, and dont give a fuck about laning.. they just want BLOODSHED, BLOODSHED, KILLS

2. Dudes who don't play arena at all, and immediately starts conquesting, which is 40 times more difficult, especially with the lack of tutorials.

3. Dudes who play arena until level 15, or so, then play a different game mode, usually conquest/clash to learn something more complex (this is me)

Now from the 3 general playerbases... The most common one is different per server, but in Aus, and SEA, its number 1.

In NA however... Number 2 is the most common..

And even me, whose played enough Clash, Joust, and Arena, still don't fully understand Conquest. While weirdly..

HiRez gives us a more detailed tutorial in Arena, which is VERY simple to understand..

Is Hirez trying to make more Arena players? Dont know, dont really care.

So my solution is, especially with the new level cap of 150 right?

1. Enable botmatches to grant XP till level 10, only botmatches are allowed if you must, I don't recommend this however.

2. Add more tutorials on conquest pre level 5/7, heck... Make a tutorial on each role, make it much more detailed.

3. Reduce Arena tutorials.. its simple enough for players to understand in a snap.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,336
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    HiRez should really promote Conquest more with proper tutorials and better conquest recommended items.

You know.

LoL - players know the basics, where to start, where each role goes. And so on.
    Have you played LoL? I think not
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Nothing hurt more for me than realizing my support for my sivir game was a Gragas against a jhin and nami. My rear is still brusied. This was a high gold match to.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Cryorus's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Well if you want better tutorials then Wait for 4.13. The Wisdom Tab gets a rework and more tutorials are added.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Have you played LoL? I think not
    I am playing it every day alongside Smite and I don't find any problems. Yeah, there are some stupid scenarios but overall players know that bot lane is duo lane, unlike in Smite I just had 2 matches where players stated that Duo lane is Right lane regardless even tho that Right lane was a lane for a solo players in both scenarios.