Thread: Way to RUIN Raijin

New Member Minion GhostblightWerewolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Way to RUIN Raijin

This supposed "rework" of Raijin only serves to completely screw him over. People complain about Raijin only because they don't know how to use him. Raijin is my 2nd fave mage after Anubis and I almost constantly wreck with him having top kills/damage, even when I lose. He doesn't need to be reworked other than dropping the cooldown on Raiju, helping his mana hunger and fixing the occasional glitch with his ult where he sits there and can't fire his final shot.

-Mana Costs: Dropping these for his abilities is a good idea. Even with Chronos Pendent, he's still mana hungry until you get Tahuti and even then it can still pose an issue.

-Percussive Storm: Love everything about the changes to this except for the power scaling decrease. That's BS and isn't the least bit necessary. Unless they're basically 1-hit, you won't even use this on them except to trigger Raiju. And considering how hard it is to hit 1 shot let alone all 3 right now, the fix on this is well deserved and appreciated.

-Raiju: Changing Raiju to a DoT removes half of Raijin's burst right there. It doesn't need a slow either. Built right, his 2/1 combo will take out about 60% of any squishy god's health. Not only that but dropping the power scaling, even if only 5%, adds insult to injury. You've taken the strongest part of his kit and basically thrown it out the window.

-Passive: His current passive is fine and serves to add to his burst. All you need to do is put Chronos Pendent on him and he's good with CDR. The only ability that's an issue with cooldown, again, is Raiju.

-Ultimate: Cutting the damage from his ult's 2nd and 3rd beats? Why? They already do half his damage anyway. You need to use the 1st beat to do full damage. And decreasing the speed of his shots? WTF? They're already super easy to dodge! Unless you use the taunt first, you're not even likely to hit with the 1st beat. Slowing them down serves only to make his ult worthless.

-Thunder Crash: I don't know what you're talking about with him not being targetable during this. I've been killed many times before I could finish the teleport.

TL;DR: Drop the mana costs of his abilities, lower Raiju's cooldown, every change to his 1 is fine except for the decrease lower scaling and please fix that occasional glitch in his ult. Other than that, Raijin is fine and people just need to learn how to use him.

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 684
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    The only problem is his new passive. This would've been more useful when Raiju had an inexplicable 18s cooldown, not as it is.
    I'm pretty much playing whoever I feel confident in these days.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Mana costs on 1 and 2 being reduced to 70 and 80 respectively at max rank. Raiju CD is 11 at max rank without CDR.

Have you read the patch notes? Really feels like ur talking about stuff that "needs to be changed" that IS being changed.

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 684
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Alright I was asleep and didn't really look at this but here I am again.

I'm also not sure where he's getting this "removed half of Raiju's burst right there" part from: 220 + 70% burst is absolutely fucking pathetic when 275 + 65% is alright especially when you consider that at least two hits of Percussive Storm will hit an enemy — meaning at least 465 + 115% damage after 2s with AoE slow.
    I'm pretty much playing whoever I feel confident in these days.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Besides, tick damage is nice for item procs. Who cares if it isn't instant, if before you could take out 60% of their health in burst then they'd just use bracer. Tick damage let's them heal during the duration to try and live or use a form of immunity, but it still does plenty. I'd rather have tick damage with a slow that I can stack a gem of isolation onto or a divine ruin or even spear of the magus than just burst. Plus the slow makes it easier to continue to wail on them....