Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Which is your favorite God pantheon in Smite ?

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissyum View Post
    Okay.... The heck? I'm speechles.. Are you like sarcastic?

I gave you a hypothetical view of no Roman Pantheon so you could know they have purpose.. What I Didn't do in that hypothesis is remove the miss monsters everyone loves.. Why the heck would you remove them?
    You're exaggerating when you said "everyone". And hypothetical view or not, I was just adding to the discussion.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Nike and Nemesis are ok. I don't like them. But main reason why I exclude them is other pantheons are not as many so one has to choose which gods to save. They're not one of the Olympians and Chronos, Hades and Thanatos are far more popular, important, cooler and more badass than them.

And why delete the monsters? Because in real Greek Mythology, Medusa could never beat say.. Athena. It's like a baby with no special powers beating up an adult. gods, titans and someone like Sun Wukong is at least on par with each other.

And if I were calling the shots, yes, I will remove the Roman pantheon from the game, transfer the Olympian 3 to the Greeks, give Apollo a bow, ignore the Celtic pantheon and keep them at 4 and create REAL gods like Hera, Set, Horus, Tsukuyomi, Fuxi, Xi Wang Mu, etc. Players will have get some gods for free. Say if the player had Scylla, he'll get Hera for free. And so on.
    Okay fair enough... Everyone has their opinions and I'm not gonna force anything because I'm feeling a bit ranty, but who am I to judge..

I'm gonna step away and not give a damn about what other people think..

But before I do that...

You think monsters and mortals dont play a role for Greek Gods?

I'm going to assume you do with your wording, at how they are weak. Forgive me if this isn't what you meant.

Mortals play insane role for Gods. With them, they get power. The more people who worship/fear you, the better. No mortals? No one worships the Gods. (This is gods we're talking about.. not Titans) By this logic.. Gods and Mortals share equal significance in Mythology

Now for monsters...

So these Monsters are created from some possibilities which include:

1. Spawn of Echidna and Typhon (E.G. Chimera, Manticore)
    2. A curse from the gods (E.G. Medusa, Arachne)
    3. They're more ancient than the gods, but the gods found a way to make peace and control them(E.G. Kâmpe, Scylla)

By technicality, category 3 are as strong as the gods. Number 2 exists cause they hate the gods. Number 1, fortunately.. no one ia there yet in Smite.

These monsters share the same thing...

They hate mortals, and kill them

So Lets take a look at our current logic...

Gods love Mortals. More Mortals = More Power for Gods
    Mortals need Gods. The more worshipping = Less Death due to some shit the gods make.
    Monsters hate Mortals. More mortals = More Food, which results in dead mortals
    More Food For Monsters = Less Worshippers for gods = Weaker Gods

Which means that the monsters can weaken the immortals by killing mortals.

Euh my brain is overheating..

So? Change your thoughts on monsters? No.. ah well

Sorry dear moderators.. I screwed the purpose of this thread.. ban me if you must, I'm too much of a pain.

Also, i'm biased..

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,047
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Well the other guy presented a hypothetical removal of the Roman pantheon (which by the way I am all for). So, why not remove some mistake gods as well.
    They are not "mistakes." They're mostly well-designed characters that have no good reason not to be in the game and whom a lot of people clearly like. If you would remove them, then you are a shitty businessman.

And it's not for no reason, these "gods" should have never been added in the first place. I mean I have a significant level with Mercury but if he were to be removed from the game due to the removal of the Roman pantheon, it's a sacrifice I am willing to take.
    There's no reason for them not to have been added. Just because they're not gods doesn't mean they're not interesting. Not only that, but you're probably the only guy who won't be salty if his main gets removed because of nomenclature.

Besides, there's nothing you can get from grinding gods other than a look change with diamond.
    Except the time spent playing that god, which is likely the reason you were playing them to start with, and those are hours you can never have more of because that god is gone for no good reason.

Also, Titans are as powerful as the gods like Sun Wukong so they're ok. Medusa, Scylla and Arachne on the other hand...
    Hermes/Mercury isn't that powerful, either. He's just fast. AMC is just the god of bees, which are harmless because he's a Mayan god and the Mayans bred bees to be harmless. We have no evidence that Sol's powerful at all, since all she does is ride around the sky. Ratatoskr is just an asshole mailman, with powers that don't go far beyond fondling his nuts. Meanwhile, Medusa can kill a motherfucker just by making eye contact.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    They are not "mistakes." They're mostly well-designed characters that have no good reason not to be in the game and whom a lot of people clearly like. If you would remove them, then you are a shitty businessman.

There's no reason for them not to have been added. Just because they're not gods doesn't mean they're not interesting. Not only that, but you're probably the only guy who won't be salty if his main gets removed because of nomenclature.

Except the time spent playing that god, which is likely the reason you were playing them to start with, and those are hours you can never have more of because that god is gone for no good reason.

Hermes/Mercury isn't that powerful, either. He's just fast. AMC is just the god of bees, which are harmless because he's a Mayan god and the Mayans bred bees to be harmless. We have no evidence that Sol's powerful at all, since all she does is ride around the sky. Ratatoskr is just an asshole mailman, with powers that don't go far beyond fondling his nuts. Meanwhile, Medusa can kill a motherfucker just by making eye contact.
    Trying to get through to Liam is like trying to explain color to a blind man.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods

Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Skadi - Sol - Ymir - Cernunnos - Bacchus - Sun Wukong

No Bow For Apollo

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,047
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    Yeah but harassing the disabled is fun
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    My favorite pantheon is any European (+Egyptian) pantheon. All of these japanese/chinese/etc gods feel like some random World of Warcraft characters to me.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Noted for future threads, so I won't sound like a pushover

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    The way Liam reasons the removal of characters reminds me of capcom reasoning for the roster choices for infinity. You know the one where characters are just functions.

New Member Cupidhead kuzenbo 23's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    My favorite pantheons are Japanese, Norse and egyptian.

New Member Cupidhead kuzenbo 23's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    I mean that just makes it easier for me to push him into tower do to his blindness.