Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is your favorite God pantheon in Smite ?

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    1 Celtic - Loved Celtic mythology before I started even playing Smite. The gods are designed well and unique (well Morrigan visually could have more to her). Cu Chulainn's voice/accent, idk why I love it so much
    2 Egyptian - Just the lores, kits, and visual models are well done
    3 Norse - I will admit the first god I played was Loki, then I branched out with Ymir, Fenrir, Hel and generally fell in love with the kits and designs of the characters
    4 Chinese - The lore is the most interesting of the pantheon, although some gods just don't meet visual standards for a chinese god *Erlang*
    5 Mayan - Honestly don't know much about the Mayan pantheon tbh but definitely gonna look into that (Awilix, Ah Puch, and KKK have me interested strangely)
    6 Japanese - Great lore, lacking visually (for me anyway)
    7 Greek - The lore is great, in game models...meh
    8 Hindu - Again don't know much about but am interested in checking out
    9 Roman - The usual argument that they are just greek counterparts and share similar roles to their greek counterpart

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Ranking them... Also, Its technically there in my signature.

1. GREEK...
    No contest..
    My bedtime stories as a child has always been greek mythology, I read Percy Jackson since I was 13, 10 years ago.. just no contest..

2. Norse
    When Magnus Chase came out, I instantly fell in love with Norse mythology. Plus Thor's comic books (Im a sucker for Marvel comic books) and Movies also make it more awesome.

3. Roman
    ROMA INVICTA! Same as Greek, only different names, but It's among the only 3 pantheons I actually play.

4. Egyptian
    Never really liked Egyptian mythology, but the Carter Kane series kinda remedied that a bit. Plus at least I know the name of some of the Gods

5. Hindu
    I have a nephew (not the smite playing one) that likes Hindu mythology.. Why? I don't know. Therefore I force myself to tell him some stories using Puppets called Wayang (A native puppet thing in my country)

6. Japanese
    I know most of these gods.. As Naruto spells, not that iconic.. just a meh

7. Chinese
    I also know one or 2 names.. not lower cause the design of Hou Yi is fricking awesome, even though I don't play Hou Yi

8. Celtic
    Too empty... No iconicness in the myths, at least in my opinion.. not number 9 cause sometimes A Morrigan player carried me.

9. Mayan
    Pfft.. Has little to no character myth wise. I once thought there would be Quetzalcoatl cause I don't seem to know Aztec Vs Mayan

Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Also, isnt it weird how Romans and Greeks are the same, and Hirez even noticed it, put it as a joke in the Smite Machinima.

To solve this problem simply put a Greek God like Hermes, or maybe Neptune..

Make the kits differ ffom each other a lot.. so the hate might decrease

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,351
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Norse and Greek
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    1. Celtic. Obscure but amazing to learn and have always been a sucker for Runic magecraft. Still waiting for a god with magical runes.
    2.Mayan. The designs are just so eye catching and exotic from Comas necklace to Xbals sick as hell leopard cloak.
    3. Hindu. Has some of my favorite stories in it following some of my favorite mythos figures from Rama to Karna.
    4. Chinese. Love how the demensions separating God's and mortals are less broad. The fact a dedicated man can attain the levels of divinity that rivals godhood just sounds amazing. Looking at you Guan.
    5. Shinto. Same as chinese the barrier separating the God's and mortals are nearly non existent.
    6. Egyptian. Ehh the world surrounding them cool like how Ra's the ultimate cock block or that Horus story is that of some Saturday action cartoon when the little boy watches his dad get killed by his uncle and seeks out revenge.
    7. Norse. Nothing to say here we all know there story. It's been told a thousand times and I want something new. Only reason it's up here is cause of the sick ass world beasts like jormungand, nidhogg, and Verdrfolnir.
    8. Roman. Same as Norse but this time a differant spin on Greek tales . Only reason it's above Greek is cause there renditions are normally more brawlic.
    9. Greek. We all know there stories it's been told to us a thousand times in a thousand ways there just boring to me. When I think of a mythological game I expect to see godly figures I never seen only to look them up and fall absolutely in love with them. But with the Greeks I can't because there story has been told so much people have to find crazy ways to make there tales.appealing. looking at you Rick.

King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,308
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    I love Japanese the most, but I also like Celtic and Norse.

Japanese mythology stories are so interesting and I love reading about it.
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Best: Egyptian - Historically and mythology, Egypt has always been one of the best. Very good aesthetics. Too bad the Egypt now is nothing like the Egypt before. Would be nice if its culture was preserved. Like, avoiding the muslims somehow. Anyway, three of the most fun to play gods are Egyptian: Sobek, Anubis, Ra. The only thing I have against Egypt is Bastet's design. She really should look more cat-like and less human. Serqet is the only god in this pantheon who shouldn't be there but even her is not as bad as say.. Artio or Awilix.

2nd: Chinese - Well, as a lover of Chinese culture, I am obliged to put China as high as possible. China could easily take the number 1 spot if Egypt wasn't packed with fun to play gods. But that's not to say China doesn't have anything to offer. Sun Wukong is a top-tier god. Top 5 to be exact. It's very fun rampaging with him. He Bo is also very fun to play. The only god in this pantheon I would have traded is Jing Wei. Replace her with Fuxi or Xi Wangmu and we are good.

3rd: Japanese - Yet another civilization with interesting culture and aesthetics. I love Raijin but he's very underpowered right now. Susano my favorite god in this pantheon currently. It would have been Raijin if he wasn't underpowered. If Kuzenbo's spot was taken by Tsukuyomi then their Japanese selection would have been perfect. But alas, there has to be at least one in every pantheon. Excited about Hachiman though and hopefully Raijin will no longer be underpowered when his buff comes.

4th: Mayan - the Mayan pantheon is very interesting and a very weird but good selection. Their lores are very interesting. I don't know why Hi-Rez hasn't filled this pantheon with more gods especially since there are a lot you can add to this pantheon. Itzamna, Yum Kaax, Ixtab and Hunahpu to name a few. All of which can make a really good gameplay especially suicide goddess Ixtab who can make a Dota 2 Techies type of gameplay.

5th: Norse - Yes, middle-of-the-road for Norse. Not as interested with their culture but I wouldn't say its bad. I enjoy playing Thor, Tyr and Ymir. Unlike the first four Norse has more than one god who I would prefer not existing in Smite: Ratatoskr, Sol and Fafnir. Though Fafnir can be forgiven because of how fun he is. I would replace them with say.. Baldr, Frigg and Frey.

6th: Hindu - Nothing much to say except how much I love this pantheon visually. Kali, Ganesha, Vamana, all very true to their mythology counterpart. I put them below the Norse because there isn't much expansion for this pantheon. I mean, they have to be careful which gods to add.

7th: Greek - Don't get me wrong, I love Greek mythology. But Smite-wise? So many things wrong with this pantheon. For one, they have too many non-gods. Medusa, Arachne, Scylla. I mean someone like Sun Wukong is ok because he is at least on par with most of the Chinese gods in power. But Medusa? Arachne? Scylla? They can only scare mere mortals. Secondly, Apollo has no bow. Where's his bow? Apollo is one of my favorite gods of all time but he's not himself without his bow. This pantheon has the most gods who I would love to remove: Scylla, Medusa, Arachne, Nemesis, Chiron, Nike. That's more than 1/3 of their existing gods. If they have real gods or titans then the Greeks will be a lot better.

8th: Celtic - no comment

Worst: Romans - They're just a copy of the Greeks. I mean I get that someone like Janus or Bellona is unique to Romans but that's just 2 of the the whole lineup. Plus Bellona is really annoying. I'm glad she's getting nerfed. If we can remove a pantheon from the game, I will choose the Romans without hesitation. In fact, the decision-making to choose the Romans won't reach 2 seconds. Mercury, Vulcan and Bacchus can go to the Greeks as Hermes, Hephaestus and Dionysus.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Egyptian
    Mayan
    Greek
    Norse
    Roman
    Chinese
    Japanese
    Hindu
    Celtic

Enjoy playing pretty much everything in the Egyptian pantheon.

Celtic I wish was never a thing. Everything about the pantheon is broken. At least people will agree Cern was and still is broken with his bloated 1 and other assortment of stuff. The Morrigan not as many people believed and tried to defend and yet she banned nearly nonstop at Dreamhack. Because stealth assassin plus the power to become anyone is brokenly OP.

Achievements:
    Guys, why do you hate Romans (and some of you... Greeks) so much? This Pantheon has purpose.

Let's assume there is no such thing as roman pantheon..

List Of Greek Gods:
    1. Apollo
    2. Artemis
    3. Ares
    4. Athena
    5. Aphrodite
    6. Zeus
    7. Eros (Cupid)
    8. Enyo (Don't comment)
    9. Chiron
    10. Scylla
    11. Pan (Just as a Sylvanus counterpart)
    12. Poseidon
    13. Hades
    14. Hermes
    15. Thanatos
    16. Dionysus
    17. Hermes
    18. Hephaestus
    19. Nemesis
    20. Nyx
    21. Nike
    22. Gaia
    23. Chronos
    24. Heracles (NOT Hercules... Heracles is Greek)
    25. Medusa

Did I miss any?

This would mean that 1/4-ish of Smite Gods are from Greek Pantheons, which equals in threads saying "Reduce Greek Gods, add [Insert Pantheon Name Here] Gods"

Cut Hirez some slack, they're trying their best to make Smite as good as possible.

Before saying something dumb and offensive like "If I Could Remove a Pantheon, it would be Romans".. Think what would happen if they actually got removed.

For those who doesn't say that but dislikes Romans... don't worry, not looking at you.

If people say the Greeks are hated cause its too common... It's loved CAUSE its common. Not much too say bout that, it's opinionated...

Also...
    Scylla is feared by gods, WHY? I don't know honestly, but they gave Scylla her own spot in the sea so she doesn't rage.

Chiron is a legend, that in some ways are as strong as the gods. He trained 90% of the Greek Heroes to ever exist, and is immortalized as a constellation. That's quite the achievement

Arachne is immortal. But she's just a meh. I kinda agree with Liam regarding Arachne as some waste of space

Nike is the Goddess of Victory.. Totally a real god. Zeus respects her SO MUCH, she is Zeus' Charioteer. Why? To give the Gods Victory.

Nemesis... WHAT? NEMESIS IS NOT A REAL GOD? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? She decides what would happen to someone, whether mortal or immortal. She makes sure NO ONE gets too much luck. Even the Gods in some ways fear that their luck would be taken

Point is... Think before you talk.. do it as a what if

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissyum View Post
    Guys, why do you hate Romans (and some of you... Greeks) so much? This Pantheon has purpose.

Let's assume there is no such thing as roman pantheon..

List Of Greek Gods:
    1. Apollo
    2. Artemis
    3. Ares
    4. Athena
    5. Aphrodite
    6. Zeus
    7. Eros (Cupid)
    8. Enyo (Don't comment)
    9. Chiron
    10. Scylla
    11. Pan (Just as a Sylvanus counterpart)
    12. Poseidon
    13. Hades
    14. Hermes
    15. Thanatos
    16. Dionysus
    17. Hermes
    18. Hephaestus
    19. Nemesis
    20. Nyx
    21. Nike
    22. Gaia
    23. Chronos
    24. Heracles (NOT Hercules... Heracles is Greek)
    25. Medusa

Did I miss any?

This would mean that 1/4-ish of Smite Gods are from Greek Pantheons, which equals in threads saying "Reduce Greek Gods, add [Insert Pantheon Name Here] Gods"

Cut Hirez some slack, they're trying their best to make Smite as good as possible.

Before saying something dumb and offensive like "If I Could Remove a Pantheon, it would be Romans".. Think what would happen if they actually got removed.

For those who doesn't say that but dislikes Romans... don't worry, not looking at you.

If people say the Greeks are hated cause its too common... It's loved CAUSE its common. Not much too say bout that, it's opinionated...

Also...
    Scylla is feared by gods, WHY? I don't know honestly, but they gave Scylla her own spot in the sea so she doesn't rage.

Chiron is a legend, that in some ways are as strong as the gods. He trained 90% of the Greek Heroes to ever exist, and is immortalized as a constellation. That's quite the achievement

Arachne is immortal. But she's just a meh. I kinda agree with Liam regarding Arachne as some waste of space

Nike is the Goddess of Victory.. Totally a real god. Zeus respects her SO MUCH, she is Zeus' Charioteer. Why? To give the Gods Victory.

Nemesis... WHAT? NEMESIS IS NOT A REAL GOD? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? She decides what would happen to someone, whether mortal or immortal. She makes sure NO ONE gets too much luck. Even the Gods in some ways fear that their luck would be taken

Point is... Think before you talk.. do it as a what if
    Pan's counterpart is Faunus. Sylvanus himself doesn't have a Greek counterpart. He's just associated with the Pans and Nymphs. Both Greek and Romans have Pans so it gets confusing.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods

Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Skadi - Sol - Ymir - Cernunnos - Bacchus - Sun Wukong

No Bow For Apollo