Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Odin's Lunge

New Member Minion UnusedWhale812's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Odin's Lunge

The ability 'Lunge' for Odin is by far, way too over powered. This needs to not have so much attack power in total. I'm a mage and guardian player and I personally believe it is unfair that all you have to do is get one strong attack item and upgrade Lunge three times and almost everyone on the enemy team will die in 3 shots, starting with Odin's Lunge. His lunge starts with 120 damage, then 165, then 210, 255, 300 (+70% of your physical power.) This is way too much, and needs to be lowered by 30% at most.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Odin is soooooo easy to counter imo.

Enemy picks Odin ? Pick Kumba or Genesh. You dont want to play tank ? Then pick Nox.

I am playing alot of 3v3 ranked right now and people tend to go for Odin when you dont ban him....and i dont ban him for reasons. Odin works against newer players but thats all.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 684
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    It's fine because his 2+1 combo is his everything, it needs to hit hard.
    I'm pretty much playing whoever I feel confident in these days.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by UnusedWhale812 View Post
    His lunge starts with 120 damage, then 165, then 210, 255, 300 (+70% of your physical power.) This is way too much, and needs to be lowered by 30% at most.
    In end game that's menial damage.
    He has to combo his 2 with his 1 in order to deal damage. Other than that it's like a little jump and that's it, especially since that combo is really the only method that he uses to deal damage, not to mention it is easy to bait most odins into missing their leap if you just simply watch where he leaps and when.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    In end game that's menial damage.
    He has to combo his 2 with his 1 in order to deal damage. Other than that it's like a little jump and that's it, especially since that combo is really the only method that he uses to deal damage, not to mention it is easy to bait most odins into missing their leap if you just simply watch where he leaps and when.
    I'd like to point out that watching where an Odin is leaping and dodging it is not called baiting, that is just dodging since it is so obviously telegraphed. Baiting is trying to get him to use it so his cool downs are going.( such as starting to walk out of position only to turn right back around and hope he fell for it)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I'd like to point out that watching where an Odin is leaping and dodging it is not called baiting, that is just dodging since it is so obviously telegraphed. Baiting is trying to get him to use it so his cool downs are going.( such as starting to walk out of position only to turn right back around and hope he fell for it)
    They're meant to be separate statements, and usually if ur low health you can make him leap if ur good enough
    aka
    baiting

Junior Member Senior Minion Lakedaemonios's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by UnusedWhale812 View Post
    The ability 'Lunge' for Odin is by far, way too over powered. This needs to not have so much attack power in total. I'm a mage and guardian player and I personally believe it is unfair that all you have to do is get one strong attack item and upgrade Lunge three times and almost everyone on the enemy team will die in 3 shots, starting with Odin's Lunge. His lunge starts with 120 damage, then 165, then 210, 255, 300 (+70% of your physical power.) This is way too much, and needs to be lowered by 30% at most.
    Complain about Odin when Hercules, Bellone and Osiris exist.

Thats all I have to say.

Junior Member Senior Minion Sypherys's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points
    I agree that his lunge combo can deal terrifying amounts of damages.

However it's a single shot combo. If Odin misses, well there's a decent window to punish him.

I was one of the persons complaining about this powerful combo. Now I've understood how to evade it and mitigate it.

And as @Lakedaemonios mentioned it, we should be ranting/complaining about Hercules instead.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    His earlygame is aggravating, and it needs to be changed for the better. Like reduced early-game damage but equal or possibly better late game damage just so it gets evened out. I'd also like for him to get trapped in his cage again ;v
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    My Concepts

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno18 View Post
    His earlygame is aggravating, and it needs to be changed for the better. Like reduced early-game damage but equal or possibly better late game damage just so it gets evened out.
    The issue, is there's no way to make an ability based god better in the late game other than bumping up their damage scaling. However, as a Warrior, they don't really build much power so scaling that would make his combo not trash late game would be stupid OP for Jungle Odins that build more damage than usual.

On Topic:

Odin's early game damage is pretty obscene with his combo. However, it is only a single combo, that leaves him with nothing after the fact and of course, given he's often building defensively, it won't scale well into the mid-late game. So it's as simple as play cautiously around him early, try and juke his leap as often as you can and wait for him to stop doing things.

Which is a breath of fresh air from many other Warriors, for whom it's a case of "End the game ridiculously early, or they'll just W+M1 you down even with 5 players focusing them" because they get beefy AA's and a buttload of mitigation in their kit (Unlike Odin who actively consumes his mitigation for more combo damage, which is another way to keep him down early, try and damage his shield as much as possible)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Artio, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!