Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: There Goes the Last Bit of Uniqueness in the Game

Senior Member Chosen GodlySparta's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Party Person 10000 Experience Points

There Goes the Last Bit of Uniqueness in the Game

Well, I feel like the game has changed so much. Fatalis being built for niche situations, for better or for worse made the game so much more unique than other MOBAs. Now, I feel HiRez wants to make sure that every god uses one build and one build only for the roles. It makes the game more boring. Seeing this game fall from a very unique MOBA that takes what they have and try to make the game more unique to this is a painful experience.

When I first saw this game, it didn't have all these buff items. It had one main power source item and different builds to make sure that each build can fit a playstyle. Now, HiRez has limited themselves. They split Fatalis but into 3 items that have no value besides raw power. The passives are helpful but it's now moving away from mobility and more into spam button mode. Just point in the general direction and spam buttons. If you get caught, there isn't anything you can do.

Just look at the game now. It needs more variety! More crazy ideas rather than just pushing for the next God release.

tl;dr: Smite is becoming less unique. Just spam buttons and no skill required.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    It makes me laugh just as much as it did before that people are saying there's no uniqueness to it. Yes, HR is still too scared to do drastic changes or think out the box, but this season alone has proven they are learning from their mistakes.

Gods who've remained shit for 5 years like Hades, AMC, Hel, more recently Raijin, and gods like Freya who've remained largely unaffected due to relying on crutches like Fatalis to supplant their basic kits are finally being adjusted for either the better or the worse.

And we have a stance-switcher who isn't Norse coming into the game after 3 years of no stance-switchers.

There are many things you can do if you get hit by someone with Fatalis. Being unable to see the variety of options you have in times like those is a testament to how much skill you have.
    Last edited by Enigmatisty; 07-15-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    I'm pretty much playing whoever I feel confident in these days.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    But smite has always been quick draw your burst first to win.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Also the Fatalis change has nothing to do with "Uniqueness" but with "balance".

Hunter where ment to have a movement penality to balance out the range advantage they have and Fatalis completely removed that. Thats as if you would give mages an item that removes all cooldown on a skill when you hit a skill. So mages loose the CD disadvantage.

Fatalis should have never be in the game like this. They also added a new "Fatalis" for each class so there is your "uniqueness".
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Yeah, fatalis was the only unique thing about the game. That one item.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Well I took a hiatus once season 3 ended and I just played a few matches yesterday and I don't think the game has changed that much. (Granted, I did play 3v3 just to refresh my skills a little)

Still same old SMITE, just some different items with a different meta.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    Well I took a hiatus once season 3 ended and I just played a few matches yesterday and I don't think the game has changed that much. (Granted, I did play 3v3 just to refresh my skills a little)

Still same old SMITE, just some different items with a different meta.
    Fatalis had to be adjusted long ago, now its finally changed so only skilled players can reap the benefits, which will make the games more enjoyable, harder, and the difficulty curve many could not explore before will be FORCED upon them, which means less and less likely we get into garbage games with noobs that have no idea how to play as they will be forced to learn quicker, or it will be very inconvinient for them in the long run.

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Agree with the OP. Removing fun items or restricting them to melee only instead of balancing them and also implementing band aids instead of real solutions (keeping beads and aegis instead of balancing CC, adding Phantom to counter one ult, etc). This is so cheap from game design perspective.

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by S1itz View Post
    Agree with the OP. Removing fun items or restricting them to melee only instead of balancing them and also implementing band aids instead of real solutions (keeping beads and aegis instead of balancing CC, adding Phantom to counter one ult, etc). This is so cheap from game design perspective.
    Its a balance. A hunter shouldn't be able to keep up with you while firing off shots. The range they are able to hit you with is there thing.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 1,100
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Removing Fatalis causes skill requirement to...decrease?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

~I only play Jungle Practice, so note that my opinions are colored by that fact~
    "I am a primordial being: eternal, infinite, and still not nerfed enough."
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!