Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where Is Aphrodite's Place?

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered

Where Is Aphrodite's Place?

After one year, I've started to play her again and thought I could do as well as I did before, only to find out that I totally suck with her now. She was one of my first diamonds and one of my best gods, but I can't manage to play her well anymore. Everytime I get focused, no matter my positioning. I try everything to save my teammates and use my whole kit but they still die and I'm left vulnerable. I don't dare playing her in Conquest, I play her in Joust where people always complain about me picking her and how "shit Aphro was in joust" and that "only retards would play her". Did she really fall off the game that much?

Senior Member Honoured RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Achievements:
    Aphro is fine, I use her in Joust from time to time. She is actually a bit better in the Bracer meta though, because she is not a burst mage; people lose a lot of the heal.

One reason she is not popular (except in Assault) is because she needs a partner to excel. Most roles in Conquest don't have that flexibility, and people are not prepared to play that way - people also over estimate her heal A LOT. She can stalemate a lane really well though. I like her as a Solo, personally.

She was hilarious paired with a Hel\Chang'e back when Rod of Healing and Rod of Asclepius stacked...
    Remember The Manticore

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    She is still good as long as you build high power and higher cool downs, she just isn't potent at dealing damage early. She is basically support early and late she transforms into a support/damage hybrid.

Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Aphro is still strong. I love playing her in modes like Clash.

It's just that she's a bit weaker in Conquest/Joust, where the game is focused around early pressure (Even though "Late game" mages like Scylla, Thoth and Vulcan are meta, the S4 starter items give them decent pressure) while Aphro and Hel both lost early-mid game pressure due to the facts that Asclepius is no longer as big a power spike for their heals and that Divine Ruin is no longer as big a power loss to counter them.

If you can stall out to the mid-late game with Aphro without losing too much, while you build into core items (40% CDR and some amount of Power) she can run a game. It just that, many people don't want to adapt to that. Especially when other late game powerhouse Mages can come out swinging and never really be counterbuilt (Stone of Fail barely does anything even to a max build Thoth/Vulcan/Scylla... Compared to how much anti-heal will neuter Aphro's healing)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I've noticed Aphro players in the solo lane in Conquest. It's almost like playing against a Loki as they'll clear the wave with the 3 then sit under the tower. Her ult will also deny the enemy solo laner a kill and if she makes it through the laning phase and into the team fights she can be a huuuuge help to the team.

I've seen her in the duo lane as support too. I'm not sure how people build her in the duo lane though.

Achievements:
    Do you think she needs some changes to her kit? She used to do well on release during the 2-1-2 meta, but now i feel like it's time for her to be more independent. She could still retain some soul mate mechanic but she shouldn't lose so much potential when she's alone.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Only change I'd give to help her out when she is alone is give her her movement speed buff even if she isn't linked to someone.

Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeydon View Post
    Do you think she needs some changes to her kit?
    It's hard to say.

I mean, if I wanted to buff her, I'd increase the speed of her birbs. Since, on paper, she should be good at pressuring people because of the long range poke from birbs, but in reality, even a point blank Kiss stun > Birbs lets people move out of the way before getting hit with 0 CCR/Beads.

Pushing up their speed a bit, would keep her relatively skill based for landing them, but she'd be less reliant on another ally CCing a target long enough for them to actually do something.

I mean, especially with the recent buff to Spear of the Magus, if she could reliably land birbs against decent players, that item would be terrifying to go up against (As well as making things like Iso and Divine Ruin more of a ball ache for Aphro's enemies)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    She doesnt really have a place in the current conquest meta if you ask me.

Any Guardian does a much better job in the support role.

Mostly any other healer mage in the mid lane can do better (Ra)

Mostly any other utility/damage mage in the mid lane can do better.

And she just sucks in solo lane.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    It's hard to say.

I mean, if I wanted to buff her, I'd increase the speed of her birbs. Since, on paper, she should be good at pressuring people because of the long range poke from birbs, but in reality, even a point blank Kiss stun > Birbs lets people move out of the way before getting hit with 0 CCR/Beads.

Pushing up their speed a bit, would keep her relatively skill based for landing them, but she'd be less reliant on another ally CCing a target long enough for them to actually do something.

I mean, especially with the recent buff to Spear of the Magus, if she could reliably land birbs against decent players, that item would be terrifying to go up against (As well as making things like Iso and Divine Ruin more of a ball ache for Aphro's enemies)
    I will admit that is problematic for attacking gods, and I find it quite annoying when people start criticizing me for not hitting an enemy god with them.... I've dueled a friend with her who was losing so he went full movement build and can't taunting me asking how I could miss her abilities but I mean come on. I'm not missing, they are simply walking away from them -.- as you said even point blank and stunning with her kiss they can still walk away in time to dodge. It kinda ends up being hutting a god depends on the opponent, not the aphro. She still does plenty though, and while its horrible delay means she can't attack offensively with them with good accuracy, she can run away and use them so if her opponent doesn't back off they'll get hit by it(at least melee gods will)