Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will hunters be as viable (at all levels) with no fatalis?

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points

Will hunters be as viable (at all levels) with no fatalis?

Hunters have been an easy-mode way of dealing damage (safely) for quite a while now. Fatalis allowed players at all levels of play to secure and chase kills with less regard to positioning.

In combination with some of the relic changes, (block added, thorns upgraded), do you feel Hunters recieved a big nerf?

Note: I play hunters quite often and am in favor of this this. I really feel that after the patch, when you see a hunter with 10+ kills in a game it means they played well as a team and he used some sort of skill to achieve those kills.

Additionally, hunters late game seemed to shred through any tank regardless of my build. Always feels like a turning point where as a tank, I had to avoid the hunter because he shreds me in seconds no matter how much health, defense I build. This is rather annoying.

Thoughts?
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

New Member Cupidhead Starcrackerzzzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    I agree hunters have had a very safe way to do damage with fatalis. I play a decent amount of hunters lately and I rarely run fatalis and try to tell my friends the same. I do take it once in a while but generally there is better items.

You may see some hunters fall off a bit but it's a good thing. Like you said they can shred tanks and with fatalis there is no downside to overstepping or missing basics. Just spray with a crit build.

It is basically a train wheel item although that's derogatory and not intended that way but I always do better without it. Expecially in a 1v1 vs another hunter I'll always put damage them.

People will adjust and learn to aim without it... everyone will be better for it.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 1,027
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    They've never really needed it, though, save for with specific, anti-tank builds. Just get crits and burst down shit, and everything will be fine.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Hercules will be super strong vs hunters now with no way to kite.

Several games ago I faced a Hel with regrowth, healing rod and boots and she was incredibly difficult to burst/kill due to being so fast.

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Hunters aren't going anywhere. Fatalis was barely a tool in their inventory. They gave other ways of melting you.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods

Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Skadi - Sol - Ymir - Cernunnos - Bacchus - Sun Wukong

No Bow For Apollo

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 3,449
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Considering Fatalis was never a necessity for Hunters and they have plenty of other attack speed and penetration items to go, no. They will be fine, the one who got hit the hardest from this is probably AMC but even then he doesn't need it to box his class.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    Hercules will be super strong vs hunters now with no way to kite.
    Hercules is still very easy to fake out, juke, or counterplay in most situations.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Just build them for Crit and, as usual, they'll shred.

Now they'll just have a harder time doing it, which in all honesty, has been a long time coming for Hunters as it is.
    Art is merely an extension of our imagination. A true artist imagines more than they draw, write, or even play; art may cause a revolution, but imagination causes the uproar.

~Gray

Sometimes I think God gave some people too many Lemons, as their just becoming way too pissy.

Hundun, the Faceless Beast God Concept

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Honestly, i hated fatalis on hunters because it allowed anybody to stick to people and hold the RMB and slowly kill them they cant even escape. It was a joke.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 678
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    All it ever should've been is a luxury item, not something people felt like they needed and built immediately. It was only chasing power, but another item could help you burst quicker so you don't even need to chase. It won't be a huge loss, considering all the alternatives.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Fatalis just got taraded out with the new bow. Hunters that want to chase you down will chase you dont with that bow now.

With Fatalis you had no movement penality and with the new bow you gain a shit load of movement speed. So Hi-Rez missed the point again. The new bow is even worse then Fatalis could have ever been.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.