Thread: Bring Mercury and Arachne back

New Member Minion CharlieMurder05's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Bring Mercury and Arachne back

After watching DukeSloth's newest patch video I actually cried. As if AA junglers were good in the first place, they decided to make clearing harder for gods like Mercury and Arachne. I mean, they buffed minis on Buff camps, nerfed bumbas, and made AA junglers much weaker, along with magic shell changes! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BURST DOWN A GOD WITH WITH 2 BLOCK STACKS AND A 400 HEALTH SHIELD. And don't get me started with Ao Quang and Nemisis. They nerf Ao Quangs burst potential but then give him more lifesteal in return? That opens a window for him to get countered in teamfights by Anti-heal items and magic shell. What I am even more frustrated with is the fact a previously top tier God like Nemisis gets more ability damage and burst potential through the sunder buff, and making her clear better! What happened to Mercury and Arachne? JACK SHIT. I mean damn, they even give AA mages like Zhong Kui and He Bo a hard time against mid laners like Ra and Poseidon by changing the minion line up! Oh, that reminds me, with Mercury and Arachnes god awful clear, they have to make the decision whether or not to start in lane or jungle, either way other junglers like Ne Zha have an advantage! We are back to a meta where level 1 clear is very important to a gods kit. Hunters and Warriors aren't affected as much as clear doesn't affect how the gods will traverse through leveling, as Hunters have the support and solo laners can apply pressure through poke. I will say that Mercury won't have as much and a rough time as Arachne, since a lot of Fatalis' replacements grant movement speed, which helps out Mercury's passive. But this brings up another topic; Fatalis. When Golden Bow was removed, there were no compensation buffs for AA junglers and adcs or HOTG. There still aren't. The point of this thread is aware you all that INSTEAD OF INDIRECTLY NERFING AA BURST GODS, introduce an item that helps out clear that only procs on melee basic attacks(similar to Golden Bow or Ody's Bow) and/buff hand of the gods. Please listen Hi-Rez, bring the Speed Demon and the Spider Queen back.

Member Worshipper LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Fatalis doesn't effect arachne in anyways. Merc has a slew of new movement items to compensate. All the rings items got buffed so Freya players will manage. Kali will live with it. The only god that actually got negatively impacted by this was baka but he's been needing adjustments for a long while.

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMurder05 View Post
    After watching DukeSloth's newest patch video I actually cried.
    Don't trust Duke. He's not actually that good or knowledgeable, and values his own opinions over how the game actually is. Arachne and Merc have actually been buffed with the new itemization, and will still be good in the jungle.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Achievements:
    Veteran Tagger Third Class 50000 Experience Points Discussion Ender Party Person
    They are not going to bring back Golden Bow or another item like Golden Bow.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Mods please, spaces, it hurts me inside.

Yeah Arachne is fine, Nemesis is especially fine in the jungle after this change. Bellona is just busted, deal.
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMurder05 View Post
    After watching DukeSloth's newest patch video I actually cried.
    From laughter or boredom?
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods

Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Skadi - Sol - Ymir - Cernunnos - Bacchus - Sun Wukong

No Bow For Apollo

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Dukesloth is a bloody idiot and you can quote me on that.

I am personally not too fond of Arachne myself design and gameplaywise, but I do see quite a few people do good with her and Ajax said during last nights stream that according to their internal data, Arachne is actually doing really good, so I guess there is something up with that.

Mercury I see more black and white than Arachne. I see him every now and then and whenever I do, he either sucks balls big time or does very good to the point where he carries the game.

Overall, I think he is in a very strong spot and this patch has been even better for him in a couple ways.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    as merc is my 2nd fave jungler behind awilix. the only item change I seen that will affect my build in anyway on him is the change to witch blade, I might try that for lifesteal over asi. cuz imo if u build him any other way then crit with rage, DB, and malice. your doing it wrong.

kinda a side note I think them pushing for longer games actually makes merc a much more viable sin again.

arachne... I'll still go warrior, HS, ichival, stone cutting, qins, titans on her and shred.

now the relic changes will be annoying.