Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So I heard Da Ji was getting another new skin, but then...

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class

So I heard Da Ji was getting another new skin, but then...

http://i.imgur.com/sSOgnC9.png

I'm just gonna adopt a stance of indifference whenever she gets one from here on.

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I honestly don't understand why Da Ji is getting all these 40s-60s skins. Not one of her skins so far as been even Chinese based(aside from her recolor). Are they all skins that are supposed to seduce men? How about a X-23 skin? Or a siren skin since shes getting all these seducing skins.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods

Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Skadi - Sol - Ymir - Cernunnos - Bacchus - Sun Wukong

No Bow For Apollo

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    I honestly don't understand why Da Ji is getting all these 40s-60s skins. Not one of her skins so far as been even Chinese based(aside from her recolor). Are they all skins that are supposed to seduce men? How about a X-23 skin? Or a siren skin since shes getting all these seducing skins.
    Pretty much my thoughts entirely. I don't quite get why Hi Rez keeps turning her into a western chick from the mid 20th century. I'm mostly just waiting to see what Gongsun Yiru makes of this.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,455
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxistaicho View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts entirely. I don't quite get why Hi Rez keeps turning her into a western chick from the mid 20th century. I'm mostly just waiting to see what Gongsun Yiru makes of this.
    It's ok for a skin, I guess. However, a femme fatale skin of a Chinese lady would be great... with hair as black as the night, dark eye pupils, porcelain skin. A distinct Chinese look.

And if that's the case, the designers should start looking at Chinese actresses (like Gao Yuanyuan, Fan Bingbing, Zhang Jingchu, and Lin Chi-ling) instead of western actresses (like Marilyn Monroe and Rita Hayworth)...

Quote Originally Posted by HiRezAjax
    this is still a chinese character. her face/voice are not changed. based on "old shanghai" woman in blonde wig/dye.
    ...because I do not want to read things like this ridiculous statement (about the Seductress skin) again, because it just insults people's common sense, with unconvincing and illogical premises.

Chinese look, not a Chinese look. Make up your mind.

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    It's ok for a skin, I guess. However, a femme fatale skin of a Chinese lady would be great... with hair as black as the night, dark eye pupils, porcelain skin. A distinct Chinese look.

And if that's the case, the designers should start looking at Chinese actresses (like Gao Yuanyuan, Fan Bingbing, Zhang Jingchu, and Lin Chi-ling) instead of western actresses (like Marilyn Monroe and Rita Hayworth)...

...because I do not want to read things like this ridiculous statement (about the Seductress skin) again, because it just insults people's common sense, with unconvincing and illogical premises.

Chinese look, not a Chinese look. Make up your mind.
    "old shanghai" woman look identical to old 1950s American sex symbols.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods

Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Skadi - Sol - Ymir - Cernunnos - Bacchus - Sun Wukong

No Bow For Apollo

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Achievements:
    Not loving the newer gods getting so much love. Cuz fuck the older ones. Ne Zha skin anyone?

Member Follower CorruptSovereign's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    As much a I love Da Ji its getting irritating seeing how they keep stripping her of obvious things like her tier 2 for example I to this day don't know why they made her a blonde white woman dressed in a Qipao for whatever reason it feels like they're going out of their way to make her look LESS Chinese with every skin

This is basically Da Ji's tier 2 except she's actually Chinese THEY EVEN HAVE THE EXACT SAME HAIRSTYLE I get artist are going to take liberties and be creative but that doesn't explain why Hi-Rez dyed her hair blonde and gave her western facial features

They keep saying they're trying to go for a East meets West type thing but every skin thus far look like West meets East Nu Wa gets this same treatment and I don't know why

Old Wa as everyone knows was remodled into the Nu Wa we know today but Why did they make her a brunette? Nu Wa's nose got longer her eyes got bigger her jaw and chin got longer all of these choices are reminiscent of ideal American beauty

For some reason its only the Women who get this Treatment all of the Male gods in the Chinese pantheon look Chinese and have skins themed around this embracing their heritage but not Da Ji and Nu Wa who tend to have skins that go out of their way not to look Chinese. or anything themed around China

Nu Wa skins all tend to heavily lean toward Western themes and design the German one I get was supposed to be a joke and she is supposed to look German so its a poor example but the summer one? we have an upcoming summer Ama skin but it still looks like Ama

Da Ji seems to be headed the same way

I have nothing against the skins I think they're all fun the whole point of a skin is to re-imagine the god and take a fun spin on their design but it feels like whenever an Ethnic goddess who is more scantly clad they always try and make her more Western but gods like Chang'e don't get this treatment making what they're doing to Da Ji and Nu Wa all the more noticeable maybe it's just me seeing things that's just my take on it needless to say Da Ji has had some pretty weak skins in a very short time
    "Aim for the moon. Even if you miss, you could land among the stars."

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,455
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptSovereign View Post
    Nu Wa's nose got longer her eyes got bigger her jaw and chin got longer all of these choices are reminiscent of ideal American beauty
    I hope you realize how ignorant that sounds... These extremely-specified parameters based on falsehood, indicative of so-called "race-based" traits with all its categorization, ignoring the phenotypic variability of a population.

It's almost reminiscent to 18th-century racial anthropology.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    What skins for He Bo, zhong, ne zha, hou yi, wukong, xing, and erlang look Chinese besides there base and armored skins? The only ones I can maybe see are guan fu and moons groom but I'm sure there wrong.

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Hi-Rez seems clueless in any kind of sensivity. At least they've waited for skins to racelift Da Ji, unlike green-eyed red-haired Chinese Nu Wa.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here