Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A list of all items in the game; what needs to be changed

Junior Member Senior Minion GuiltyPickle's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

A list of all items in the game; what needs to be changed

Get ready for a threadnought.

A few weeks ago, this image was posted, and it sort of made me think about how many items I not only wish were useful, but also the ones I've pretty much discounted entirely:

So I figured it might not be a bad idea to make a few suggestions, considering it's over halfway through the year and some items are still just bad. If you've got any interesting ideas, try posting them as well; I just kinda skimmed over the items and thought of changes that would make the items competitive from my standpoint. Starting with starter items, which are mostly ok, except for:

War Flag
    This has to be the most useless starter in the game. The concept is to provide an aggressive starter for physical characters, but (A) you have to realize that the massive gold deficit of not having Watcher's Gift is unacceptable and (B) IT DOESN'T PROMOTE AGGRESSION. "Oh yes, let's devastate our opponents with our staggering 6% greater attack speed, and once that wears them down, there's no escape from our additional 6% movement speed." like how the shitballs would that ever get past beta testing? I've heard the suggestion that the item cost be reduced to 500 gold, but that won't change how intrinsically impotent this item is. In addition to lowering the cost, I'd recommend increasing the movement speed to atleast 1.5% per minion and the attack speed to atleast 2%, and that's being safe; I think at 2 / 2.5% the item might be worth it.

Swift Wing
    This is a close second to War Flag. The concept is nice, similar to Jing Wei's (overrated) passive, but the reality... let's start with some simple math. We buy for 800 gold, sell for 533, lose 266, and for a large portion of the game, we're down 800 gold compared to our opponent, compromising our ability to fight them (lord knows this item won't help you there). Mathematically speaking, you might argue that this item would need to save you 266 gold to be worth it, but even in the unlikely event that it could, you'd still only be breaking even. For this item to be worth it, since it obviously has no real potency for offense or defense, it needs to earn you gold; I'd say anything less than 550 and it isn't worth the early game inconvenience, but that's up to you. Keep the following in mind, test it if you don't believe it: It takes Ravana (375 base movement speed, average for a solo laner)
    • 27.22 seconds to reach t1 his tower with no items
    • 24.32 seconds with t2 boots
    • 21.06 seconds with Swift Wing
    • 23.11 seconds with t3 boots
    • 19.06 seconds with t3 boots + Swift Wing

This means that if we invest 900 gold into boots, we're essentially only 3 seconds behind a Swift Winger in speed. Even best case scenario (T3 boots with vs without Swift Wing), we're only saving 4 seconds. If it Maybe saves you like 36 gold per back (this is probably being generous), 6 backs before you sell the item, you're looking at 216 gold. And this is if you're constantly getting kicked out of lane. Even at 500 gold I'd skip this item; it just won't net you enough gold to be worth your time. For it to be viable, It'd have to either be extremely cheap (like 300 gold), provide much more movement speed, or provide other worthwhile stats (like lots of hp5 to help fight the ass-kickery that's obviously occurring if you've resorted to this item).

Randga's Mask
    If your opponent is decent, you might get to16 stacks right before you sell it. If your opponent is bad, you didn't need this item anyway, but it's kinda fun to have. If your opponent is better, you wish you wouldn't have wasted your gold, but atleast it wasn't much.
    I think if you gained a some stats per stack rather than only once you reach either 6 or 16 stacks it would be more likely to be picked up, because even just 3 kills 3 assists might get you something worthwhile.

Magical Items

Pythagorem's Piece
    Honestly just needs an extra 10 power or so. I'd put it on the aura.

Demonic Grip
    To be honest, the entire ring tree could use some help, but this item needs the least. That said, I'd give it 5 to 10% more attack speed. Right now, if you choose this item over Obsidian Shard, you're giving up both poke and short term burst for long term damage; but how long does an average fight last? even with 2.0 attack speed, it takes 1.5 seconds per target to fully stack this item. With Demonic Grip, it takes Freya 4 hits to kill a squishy, but with Obsidian shard, it takes 3; this isn't even accounting for Sol and Cronos, who are far too ability based at this point to consider this item. It's worth about 10% dps in the long run in exchange for a loss of 17% ability poke damage and worse squishy killing potency; simply put, it's not enough.

Telkine's Ring
    To Illustrate why this item is bad, let's compare it to 2 others; Book of Thoth and Spear of Desolation.
    This is on Sol, fully stacked passive, calculated against a 48 armor target.

Book of Thoth

• 489.0452 DPS
    • Also provides good ability damage
    • Solves mana problems (if you're having any), saves money on potions
    • 150 gold cheaper

Spear of Desolation

• 524.8529 DPS
    • Also provides cooldown reduction
    • 200 gold cheaper

Telkine's Ring

• 520.2664 DPS
    • ...requires 5 stacks?
    • 491.6803 DPS without stacks?
    • attack speed contributes nothing to ability damage?

It borderline competes with the above items, and only in basic attack damage; this is an item that should be providing at least 10% more DPS than its competitors, and even then I'd probably have a tough time justifying it on anyone but Freya, especially considering that (once again) I'd be losing squishy killing potential waiting on the stacks. Personally, I think the best thing that could happen to this item is reverting it to its season 3 self; it was unique, interesting, and filled a position that is still vacant to this day. Here's a more in-depth explanation.
    Since the ring tree only has 3 items, the stats from this item could be copied and pasted into a new item if desired. For the current concept to be viable, I'd give the item +20 power and add a 4% attack speed buff per stack. This would provide 588.8730 DPS fully stacked, a 12.4% increase over Spear of Desolation and (hopefully) enough to make the item worth buying.

Shaman's Ring
    The stats on this item aren't compelling at all; if I wanted sustain, I'd get Bancroft's Talon (or literally any other lifesteal item), If I wanted offense I'd get... literally anything other item. This seems like an item for when you're willing to sacrifice some offense for survivability... without the added survivability. I'd add atleast 15% lifesteal in addition to 20 protections +1 per god level; with the added durability, I think the item would be unique and useful.

Ethereal Staff
    I'd either reduce the passive cooldown or make it once per 10 seconds per ability. It's almost good, but it's outclassed by Book of Thoth, which provides similar if not greater damage per confrontation and allows for more than one ideal confrontation every 10 seconds.

Rod of Asclepius
    Buff it's passive. I'd probably say 15%/15% in/out of combat. Rework it if you really can't stand the idea of an item that boosts healing, cause it's just not good right now.

Celestial Legion Helm
    This item sucks balls. Revert it to season 3 stats, nerf as necessary to make it balanced (start at 70 protections, move to 60 if necessary, start taking off 10 power per adjustment from there)... anything's better than what it is now. Alternately, make this item like a T3 version of Dynasty Plate Helm, similar in all regards except with 60 protections or something. Either of those would be unique and actually useful, unlike the current item.

Stone of Fal
    The primary problem I have with this item is that if it saves 1% of your health, it's on cooldown for 60 seconds; in my eyes, this decreases its chances of ever being picked up from slim to none. The change it needs is simple. Every 1% mitigated = 2 second cooldown (max 60 seconds). This way, if you only save 3% of your health bar, the passive is only on a 6 second cooldown.

Stone of Binding
    It's a transitional item for a class that doesn't have the money to transition. Decrease its price to 1500 and go from there. If it gets too popular on mages, increase its price and protections. If it still gets used on the occasional mage, who cares. I don't think I've ever seen this item... ever, and for good reason. Dynasty Plate Helm and Void Stone outclass it for mages (and some supports), and while it's hard to gauge the benefit of 10 penetration in a skirmish, I'd say the item doesn't offer enough benefit for its cost. Literally buffing any aspect of this item would be a positive step.

Physical Items

The Crusher
    Revert to Season 3 stats. That's it.
    ...Okay, if you want to make the current concept work, make the passive once per 5 seconds per ability on cooldown, so if you hit an enemy and only 1 (or none) of your abilities are on cooldown, the passive isn't wasted for all of them. It's not a... horrible item, but that's mainly because we don't have a generic penetration item to put in it's place (I'd probably take a season 3 crusher even without the passive.)

Devourer's Gauntlet
    Sort of just a "feeling" thing, but it feels like this item should either be 1800 gold or only require 50 stacks. It's an ok item in any case.

Soul Eater
    Revert to season 3 stats, copy and paste its current stats into a new item, change the mana to health, the CC reduction to attack speed (maybe), and buff the passive to 3% (make Erlang Shen's dog not trigger it). Season 3 Soul Eater was unique/interesting/useful/etc., the new one could be, but there's no reason we can't have both.

Poison Star
    Add 5 or 10 power to make this item decent.

Runeforged Hammer
    Good old Everbad (or atleast Everbland) Hammer. I'd say the closest this item ever came to viability was in season 3 when its passive increased the damage an enemy took by 15% for anyone attacking that target, but the CC types required to trigger this passive was scarce (don't actually remember what they were), so it was bad. Right now it's an assassin item for the fact that you need power to even consider this item. Hunters have far better items to get, warriors would need power for this item to be worth anything; that just leaves assassins.
    To try to put things into perspective, let's do some math.
    This is Bastet. She likes damage. She's gotten to her final item slot , but now she's in a predicament; what should she get? Her Combo of Choice (in order to trigger Runeforged Hammer as soon as possible) is 1/aa/3/aa/2/aa. Let's find out which item is best for the job. (calculated against a 72 armor target)

Brawler's Beatstick
    • 2908.6283 damage
    • Provides anti-heal

Hydra's Lament
    • 2818.0859 damage
    • Provides 10% cooldown reduction
    • Provides mana sustain

Runeforged Hammer
    • 2797.2559 damage
    • Provides 250 health

As you can see, it's not like it's a... bad... item... except that it is, because even when the passive is triggered it basically ties with our other options. Given the way Brawler's Beatstick performed, we know that the Crusher and Void Shield will perform similarly (slightly less damage) and they offer more for not only ourselves, but also our team in the case of Void Shield.
    So the problem with this item is that it's competitive in terms of DPS, but that's it. It doesn't offer anything compelling while its alternatives do. I'd suggest increasing its health to 400 so it's worth considering; honestly, after that, I'm not sure what else to do if it needs more (I think it'd be atleast a consideration at 400 health). Greater or additional base stats most likely.

Blackthorn Hammer
    It's not bad at what it does, it's just that what it does isn't in high demand for the simple fact that dying isn't in most people's gameplan. That's it. For this item to be chosen, it would need to be reworked at a conceptual level.

Runic shield
    Maybe give it more power or a % passive in addition to a flat passive. Maybe some cooldown reduction, I might pick it up then. this one's tricky because it's a unique, useful (though niche), and overall ok item in a world of items I'd rather have.

General Items

Relic Dagger
    Buff it's passive until its competitive.

Witchblade
    Revert to season 3 stats.

Sovereignty
    Increase Aura to 20 protection.

Mystic Mail
    I've always thought this item could either use more stats or less price, but it's apparently SPL worthy right now. How it managed that I've got no clue, but I'd be a fan of lower cost, more damage on the passive, or a combination of both once the item stops trending, because it's still too expensive early and too weak late. Maybe make the damage scale with level or time.

Emperor's Armor
    Make it so that your towers first shot against an enemy god starts at a 1.6 multiplier (maybe 1.8, maybe have it scale with time) and then have it continue upwards like normal (or maybe slightly faster). the bottom line is that by lategame, a tower shot tickles pretty much no matter who you are. These changes might make defense more plausible.

Mantle of Discord
    Revert its most recent nerf. It's in the territory of spirit robe now, and it doesn't compete.

Shield of regrowth
    I'd say give it +100 health. It got hit too hard.

Gauntlet of Thebes
    Same thing.

Genji's Guard
    Either revert to season 3 stats (80 magic protection) or literally copy the stats on the Breastplate of Valor but with magical protections. I think option 2 would be fun.

Oni Hunter's Garb
    I don't know, and they don't either. It was better in season 3, just revert it and decrease the time necessary to build a stack or throw 10% cooldown reduction on the item and call it a day. Better than what we've got now.

K that's it, if you've made it this far I salute you, good night.

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    You put a shit ton of effort into this.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    You put a shit ton of effort into this.
    So much so that it's not even worth my time to type up why I disagree with half of it.
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Bancrofts is way to cheap for its power, its like building boots with 50 more power and 100 extra when you are low enough to still be relevant in a fight

Magis blessing, its a item noe one uses due to the passive and the stats its not providing

Ancile, and Specral armor, both are usless unless you play a game with 5 cabrakens vs 5 cabrakens

Silver branch bow is way to weak compared to its physical counterpart
    -Removing 30 physical powet when max cap is 400 vs removing 30 magical power when max cap is over 1k
    1 physical item have 30 power often
    1 magical item have 80 power

So if you dont see it now im not sure what to say

The not Jade emeperor helm, I dont remeber what its called, but im talking about the one that gives your team 30 power when you heal
    Healing is supposed to give sustain, you dont initate with healing before a teamfight to increase their dmg output by nothing, instead you heal to increase sustain for you and your team

Senior Member Honoured Uwilltap3's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Swift Wing is OP. I might start building it on everyone-everygame.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPickle View Post
    Telkine's Ring
    To Illustrate why this item is bad, let's compare it to 2 others; Book of Thoth and Spear of Desolation.
    This is on Sol, fully stacked passive, calculated against a 48 armor target.

Book of Thoth

• 489.0452 DPS
    • Solves mana problems (if you're having any), saves money on potions
    • 150 gold cheaper

Spear of Desolation

• 524.8529 DPS
    • Also provides cooldown reduction
    • 200 gold cheaper

Telkine's Ring

• 520.2664 DPS
    • ...requires 5 stacks?
    • 491.6803 DPS without stacks?
    • attack speed contributes nothing to ability damage?

It borderline competes with the above items, and only in basic attack damage; this is an item that should be providing at least 10% more DPS than its competitors, and even then I'd probably have a tough time justifying it on anyone but Freya, especially considering that (once again) I'd be losing squishy killing potential waiting on the stacks. Personally, I think the best thing that could happen to this item is reverting it to its season 3 self; it was unique, interesting, and filled a position that is still vacant to this day. Here's a more in-depth explanation.
    Since the ring tree only has 3 items, the stats from this item could be copied and pasted into a new item if desired. For the current concept to be viable, I'd give the item +20 power and add a 4% attack speed buff per stack. This would provide 588.8730 DPS fully stacked, a 12.4% increase over Spear of Desolation and (hopefully) enough to make the item worth buying.
    and why did you calculated it for Sol now, if you did it for Freya before? don't want to show ppl how broken Freya is?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    Silver branch bow is way to weak compared to its physical counterpart
    -Removing 30 physical powet when max cap is 400 vs removing 30 magical power when max cap is over 1k
    1 physical item have 30 power often
    1 magical item have 80 power

So if you dont see it now im not sure what to say
    so you want to make mages even more helpless against hunters, than they allready are?
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 07-10-2017 at 06:58 AM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by *name deleted after moderator request* View Post
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    The only thing im honestly entirely for is reworking the whole damn ring tree, its useless garbage worth on only 1 single god. There is not a single god in this game that doesnt have euqal or better options than the rings EXCEPT FREYA

If i would rate Top 10 niche items in SMITE i rate the whole AS magical items as top 1
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rod of Asclepius
    Buff it's passive. I'd probably say 15%/15% in/out of combat. Rework it if you really can't stand the idea of an item that boosts healing, cause it's just not good right now.
    I believe Rod is good right now, as an healer main this item is still really usefull, and I use it even before all the buffs he got in season 3.

Witchblade
    Revert to season 3 stats.
    I don't udnerstand the issue players has with witchblade, sure, old one was basically designed to counter hunters with the physical protections, but even this one it's useful: you gain Hp, movement speed, attack speed and a passive that both sabote AA based gods (regardless of being magical or physical) and counter healings.
    I love building witchblade on Erlang, Osiris, ravana and nemesis.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

Junior Member Senior Minion GuiltyPickle's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    and why did you calculated it for Sol now, if you did it for Freya before? don't want to show ppl how broken Freya is?
    For the following build:
    Telkine's ring = 993 - 1058 DPS
    Book of Thoth = 984 DPS

This gives Telkine's Ring an advantage of 7.7% DPS.
    Consider that the Book of Thoth is only providing 164 power in this example, as well as the fact that the Polynomicon is still far better off with the Book. That said, the biggest problem with trying to fit Telkine's Ring onto Freya is that it's occupying the slot that would normally be filled with Book of the Dead, Warlock's Sash, Gem of Isolation, or a % penetration item. There are simply a great deal of better items to put in that slot (though that's debatably true of Sol as well).
    But yes she has lots of DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by NefariousFusion View Post
    I don't understand the issue players has with witchblade.
    The old one was good / unique / useful. The current one... while it's useful in the sense that you can equip it, it's not good. Poor base stats + better anti-heal alternatives make this item a poor choice.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Probably won't get changed but Stone of Gaia needs to lose one of its passives. It doesn't get a lot of Conquest play. But a lot of warriors and guardian already use to build it for sustain but the prevention of pulls and pop up is annoying.