Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: People getting mad over guardian not building meta/aurabot

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Heck, even your scenario of Nemean vs all magical comp isn't that bad, since physical prots help with tanking towers and objectives and the passive can be useful against AA based Mages like Chronos, Sol and to a lesser extent Freya (Her passive alleviates some of the damage and her steroids count as ability damage not AA damage)
    Usually happens in arena, but sometimes it has happened in joust(never really up against magical ADCs though). Still even if it is to help tank towers, they could be building hybrid defense like hide of the urchin and spirit robe so they at least get something out of it to help in a fight. If they want an item specifically for towers you get emperor's for its passive. To be honest I'm quite sure they are deciding what items they want to use on a god and sticking to that specific build regardless of what they are up against. Even if it ends up being half their build is completely wasted(usually just 1-2 items but I have seen someone build full tank where half their build was irrelevant due to the enemy comp being only 1 damage type).

Junior Member Senior Minion
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Not all guardians are good aura bots... tbh most of them should not be aura bots as they are gimped too hard... m except terra, geb, ares... dunno which guardian should be gimped to have more than 2 aura items as support.... I mean would you rather have a sobek that does 1200 damage on ultimate and be useful damage magnet, or a sobek with auras and 0 influence except some cc?

Senior Member Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    And lot of people here don't know what the hell they are talking about. Aura items are absolutely stupid strong. They should be somewhere in most games. The thing about the current smite meta is that it is all snowball. If i get behind, my goal is to get picks on their squishy targets to catch up. Its hard to do that when everyone on the enemy team is insanely tanky.

If I am super behind, building auras makes your entire team super tanky which can let you fight into a fed team.

If one team has them, the other team has to or they are at a distinct disadvantage.

Aura items in smite are all stupid. Dont get me started on Pythags.

Junior Member Senior Minion
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post
    And lot of people here don't know what the hell they are talking about. Aura items are absolutely stupid strong. They should be somewhere in most games. The thing about the current smite meta is that it is all snowball. If i get behind, my goal is to get picks on their squishy targets to catch up. Its hard to do that when everyone on the enemy team is insanely tanky.

If I am super behind, building auras makes your entire team super tanky which can let you fight into a fed team.

If one team has them, the other team has to or they are at a distinct disadvantage.

You have to be in close proximity of the aura item, for it, to work... I conquest, you are better off being tanky/brawly built.
    In assault and arena... yes...
    Anywhere where there is a team fight... maybe...
    Unless I can also support my team with things like heals... Neah... I`d rather get a better defensive item or some damage.
    Pithagorem is a special case of aura. Its maybe the only aura item, with the mail that I would get. Why? It gives damage... Hence it`s useful...

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by spanacu View Post
    Not all guardians are good aura bots... tbh most of them should not be aura bots as they are gimped too hard... m except terra, geb, ares... dunno which guardian should be gimped to have more than 2 aura items as support.... I mean would you rather have a sobek that does 1200 damage on ultimate and be useful damage magnet, or a sobek with auras and 0 influence except some cc?
    Terra is a more effective bruiser as is Ares. Ares gets power from auras sure but in all honesty he's much more effective with a bruiser as well. Really gods like Khepri, Sylvanus and Geb are best suited for auras imo, they tend to be backline supports, which Terra can do but she has excellent zoning and initiation as well so it makes sense to play to the strengths of her kit.

Way I've usually seen it if your guardian is more frontline and aggressive with initiation or kit in general its best to build damage that accentuates those strengths, Ares with spear of magus and voidstone for example. More backline guardians are likely better suited for beneficial auras, but your build should always be based on circumstance and opposition regardless of your guardian selection. Reacting in the correct fashion to what is in front of you as an obstacle is always better than being blindsided by a myopic insistence on one size fits all approach regardless of circumstance.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    Terra is a more effective bruiser as is Ares. Ares gets power from auras sure but in all honesty he's much more effective with a bruiser as well.
    To be fair, he can do both. I mean, aside from penetration, he can build full auras and get his defences that way, alongside power from his passive. Like, a standard build on Ares for me is like Sov(Now Jade Emperor because it's better)/Heart/Void/Pythag - With the last 2 spots being Boots and then a random item depending on what I feel I need... If I want to get some pen I might take Obsidian, otherwise I might go Mystical Mail...

Really gods like Khepri, Sylvanus and Geb are best suited for auras imo, they tend to be backline supports
    People need to play some Bruiser Geb more. 1k+ damage Shockwaves are a thing. Throw in a ~500 damage ultimate thanks to having some actual pen and you're able to annihilate squishies... All the while giving a huge middle finger to Hunters because crits don't work on him...
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post

>30 physical and 35 magical prots for the team
    >"building auras makes your entire team super tanky"

And yet we're the ones who don't know what we're talking about. Lux's math from the last thread shows that you're really only buying around a second for one squishy when the enemy ADC focuses them; and that's assuming that no other enemies are joining in, and doesn't reflect results against a mage, who can just 2-shot your squishies.

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 866
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by spanacu View Post
    This right here is why i never actually have prots as squishy, because my support thinks CC and Dmg is enough support.....When mage and ADC and jungle already have enough to kill every single one on the enemy team.

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    This right here is why i never actually have prots as squishy, because my support thinks CC and Dmg is enough support.....When mage and ADC and jungle already have enough to kill every single one on the enemy team.
    No, you never have prots as a squishy because you don't bother to work in a Discord or Urchin, which hardly does jack to your damage output. And CC and damage are far more useful to your team than--and I can't stress this enough--roughly 1 fucking second in the best-case scenario against one enemy ADC in survival time.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    No, you never have prots as a squishy because you don't bother to work in a Discord or Urchin, which hardly does jack to your damage output. And CC and damage are far more useful to your team than--and I can't stress this enough--roughly 1 fucking second in the best-case scenario against one enemy ADC in survival time.
    idk why hunters value aura prots so much either. 35 prots will do nothing unless my hunter builds a defense item to stack it with. Heck the only reason I use sov is because I like 55 physical prots, 25HP5 and 200HP. It gives me these benefits while I have voidstone for magic defense and damage. Yeah I build some auras but not so the hunter can get a measly 15 prots. It's so I am tanky and sustainable.

Deal with it ������