Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: People getting mad over guardian not building meta/aurabot

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 376

People getting mad over guardian not building meta/aurabot

I had two guys today start bming and angrily pinging me when I was playing Sobek doing my thing just trying to have fun in clash. These sent me a message after the game ends that you should have built full support to help the team. He went on about how I was a selfish player and that I wasn't playing guardian right at all. He basically blamed me for the game loss for not playing like an aurabot slave.

Sure I will admit I am a greedy guardian when it comes to certain things (Keep in mind I get away with alot of greedy dives most of the time.) But hey Sirkeksalot can agree its fun and easy to do thanks to the tankiness you have. Plus we are all guilty of trying to be greedy. But that's not the point, My point is that the guys were control freaks and wanted me to be an aura slave in casual clash.

Also that game I was doing pretty darn good until bakasura went late game and ulted everybody. I tell you no amount of aura protections would have been able to stop that late game baka.

But anyways I like to be creative with my builds and made one that gives me tons of sustain, decent damage and 180 protections.

Pen boots
    Sovereignty
    Stone of gaia (don't judge me)
    hide of urchin
    void stone
    rod of ascepulus (boost my pots and ability healing)

I call it the sobekzilla build. Anyways have yall encountered players like that?

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,211
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    People who ask for Aura bots enjoy playing games 4.5v5 or rely on their opponents to do the same, which holds true for all game modes for the most part.

Was able to start playing again since Friday and had some game with pretty much all classes since then after I had rainbow kick my ass a couple of times and getting rid of a lot of HiRez related problems (Agni was crashing my game, that was hilarious).

At the end of the day, I continued building and playing with the same mindset as previously and in most cases ended up outdamaging most gods in my games. Most of these games where Kuzenbo and Ganesha games since those are still new and shiny to me and I enjoy playing them both quite a bit.

I did not expect to have been able to get top damage in any game as Ganesha, but I was suprised to see just how nicely his numbers can add up and Kuzenbo is Kuzenbo, if there is any guardian I consider to be a lategame monster, it would definatly me him.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    People who ask for Aura bots enjoy playing games 4.5v5 or rely on their opponents to do the same, which holds true for all game modes for the most part.

Was able to start playing again since Friday and had some game with pretty much all classes since then after I had rainbow kick my ass a couple of times and getting rid of a lot of HiRez related problems (Agni was crashing my game, that was hilarious).

At the end of the day, I continued building and playing with the same mindset as previously and in most cases ended up outdamaging most gods in my games. Most of these games where Kuzenbo and Ganesha games since those are still new and shiny to me and I enjoy playing them both quite a bit.

I did not expect to have been able to get top damage in any game as Ganesha, but I was suprised to see just how nicely his numbers can add up and Kuzenbo is Kuzenbo, if there is any guardian I consider to be a lategame monster, it would definatly me him.
    You have spoken words of wisdom my man.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Technically, they have no right to complain. Since if they wanted an aurabot guardian, they could have picked the support role themselves.

I mean, as long as the guardian does what they are supposed to (As opposed to building full damage and failing to be anything useful) it doesn't really matter honestly.

But yeah, people really like to get hands on with other peoples builds... I remember having a game as Freya (It was assault, not my choice) where 3 people were constantly telling me to build stuff like Fatalis and such... I know how to build characters thanks. I also know how to play without crutches, guys who were 0-0-0 all game because they were building meta and turtling under tower whenever someone looked at them (Yet blamed me for the loss because I went like 5-5-15 because I died a few times...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Technically, they have no right to complain. Since if they wanted an aurabot guardian, they could have picked the support role themselves.

I mean, as long as the guardian does what they are supposed to (As opposed to building full damage and failing to be anything useful) it doesn't really matter honestly.

But yeah, people really like to get hands on with other peoples builds... I remember having a game as Freya (It was assault, not my choice) where 3 people were constantly telling me to build stuff like Fatalis and such... I know how to build characters thanks. I also know how to play without crutches, guys who were 0-0-0 all game because they were building meta and turtling under tower whenever someone looked at them (Yet blamed me for the loss because I went like 5-5-15 because I died a few times...)
    Had an Assault Game where I build Freya tanky. I think Boots and Fatalis were my only true damage Items back then, the rest was just for the sake of survival. Was a fun game. And a win.

I want to see Freya full power one day.

people are weird sometimes when it comes to blaming. Like they were blaming you for your build despite it doing well. The game I was sobek I had top mitigation and damage for most of the game until late game. Yet the guy complained about my build.

I don't really get those people.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 3,449
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    The Asclepius is a bit questionable if you are only concerned about your healing pots and Sickening Strike (which only scales at 10%). If you had a bracer or other healers or good amount of sustain on your team it would be justified, but if it is only for you, might have some better options. Auras were recently nerfed allowing more flexibility, but your build aside from the Asclepius is fine. Probably could afford to replace it with some CDR somewhere since none of Sobek's abilities scale down in CD.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    Anubis is my Husband, don't question it, just leave us in the dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    The Asclepius is a bit questionable if you are only concerned about your healing pots and Sickening Strike (which only scales at 10%). If you had a bracer or other healers or good amount of sustain on your team it would be justified, but if it is only for you, might have some better options. Auras were recently nerfed allowing more flexibility, but your build aside from the Asclepius is fine. Probably could afford to replace it with some CDR somewhere since none of Sobek's abilities scale down in CD.
    It was to increase my damage, speed, hp and heals. It's actually really good for the build as it also countered a bit of anti-healing. Also the 10% bonus becomes 20% when in combat. Sure it seems weird but its actually pretty effective when put in action. aka think of godzilla healing factor. But yeah you would be surprised when you try creative build ideas out.

Also I use both hp pots and chalices at the same time for an even greater healing factor as they actually tick separately. Which increases even more with the rod of asclepius by 20% in combat. Plus even if they have anti-healing, I still get 180 prots from my other items. Like I said it may seem weird but it works.

edit: sorry for my sloppy typing.
    Last edited by Kuzenbo 9; 07-09-2017 at 03:09 AM.

Achievements:
    Had a good old game of Siege with Kuzenbo. Went fairly long because our ADC, Chiron was feeding his brains out for the most part, which ended up dragging Mercury and Ah Puch who had a good start down with him.

Still won though because Kuzenbo is a fucking beast.

Second Highest damage in the game with 51.000 damage (enemy KKK had 55.000), 44.000 damage taken, something over 80000 mitigate, top damage dealt, taken, mitigated, kills and gold on my team by far.

Wouldn't have been possible if I would have been just an aura bot. My build was

Pen Boots
    Mantle of Dischord
    Spirit Robe
    Spear of Desolation
    Voidstone
    Bulwark of Hope.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

I'll admit, sometimes I tell a team mate to change an item in there build. I rarely tell them to get a specific item, but sometimes I'll end up with someone doing something really stupid. Like build genjis guard against an all physical enemy team comp, or build hide of the nemean lion against an all magical enemy team comp -.- and then they get mad at me for complaining about their build but I mean..... In those instances.... Then there are the glass cannon only builders who build glass cannon for everything and get mad that their team won't 'help' them when they go in and die in less than 2 seconds. Those guys complain about my build when I buy defense on a non guardian/warrior(like shifters shield, which is more damage than most damage items anyway)