Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Music While Smiting and/or Gaming

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 1000 Experience Points

Music While Smiting and/or Gaming

Okay firstly.. I made this thread after an incident that made me pay dinner for 4 teenagers...

You can skip the story by scrolling down onto a paragraph with 3 enters as a delay

So Saturday afternoon my nephew and his friends played smite together at my house using my WiFi.. I, as the WiFi host, gets first pick on roles.. I chose ADC, and picked Apollo, during said match

We played Casual Conquest.. and I played while listening music as I always do.. What music? DONT ASK.. I'm embarrassed of my own music taste. 4 teenagers laughed at me as they hear me sing... Not cause my voice sucks, in fact my voice is good enough for people to hire me as a wedding singer.. but they laugh at the songs I listen..

So during late game, we are down 2 phoenix's and they are down 1.. Apollo being a split pushing god that excels at splitting up when ult is available and then entering at a 4 vs 5 when a fight occurs... I split up and took down a Phoenix...

Unfortunately my iPod played the wrong music when I was almost destroying their Phoenix.. I was busy picking a new song, while A Bellona yelled Roma Invicta and killed me... I didn't use my ult in time, and we got a Deicide because they have an ADC going rampant, while ours was dead cause he was picking music... I'm an idiot? Yes I am

They won... All cause my iPod picked the wrong song in my shuffle

And my Nephew's friends were mad at me.. So I bought them dinner to cheer them up and lost roughly 15-20 USD for their dinner.. (I don't use USD in my country)

-
    -
    -
    If you don't want to read the story skip over here

Now from this music incident, most people would probably stop listening to music while playing games, but me, being someone who is single, and makes a fair amount of money.. I don't care...

Instead, as something fun...

What music (based on genre, band or song) you might listen to, or have listened.. Try classifying this based on the role or god you're playing, as calm music might match your guardian's playstyle, but maybe rough music would match your mage playstyle or something..

Just a fun thread.. After so many serious discussions in the general discussion thread, I think it's time for something fun

I'll start

Guardians: I like listening to calm music and mostly instrumental fully (my favorite is Depapepe, you might heard of him) while playing Guardians..
    Mages: Meh, I don't pick songs while playing mages, I just shuffle my entire iPod
    Warriors: I use 2 playlists... one is a semi rock for early game, as I aggro a lot early.. And for late game, I shift onto something calmer like pop music
    Assassins: I don't listen to music as an assassin.. IMO it takes too much focus and I can't be distracted
    Hunters: Just my guilty pleasure musics.. I won't tell them.. It matches as normally when I instalock hunters I feel guilty.. But I have fun
    Last edited by Sissyum; 07-08-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Achievements:
    Adding My Signature via this post.. Must be a bug
    I Only buy Greek, Roman and Norse Gods... (+Guardians just Recently)
    WHY??
    Blame Rick Riordan for not writing books on other Pantheons

Kane Chronicles Sucks, don't count that

Full Time Demigod and Mythology Fan
    Part Time Archer (No... Seriously.. I'm an Archer)

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    I'm always listening to music. Literally all the time. If I'm not directly playing music, I'm thinking about a song.

So I'll be listening to whatever takes my fancy at the time.

Recently, a lot of Vocaloid, J-Pop and EDM has taken my fancy. But I've also been listening to a bunch of metal (Various sub-genres), rock, punk, classical and a whole host of others.

I don't really change it up per role, maybe if I'm getting super salty I'll blast some Brutal or Technical Death Metal but that's about the only specific change I'll make.
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I listen to some classical music in low volume. It helps to calm my nerves and when you're in a relaxed state, you play a little better, in my opinion. But I also listen to popular music. But listening to classical music doesn't really help me/prevent me from turning into Expelled Hel in dark stance when my team sucks and feeds the enemy team. And listening to Rock music at a time like that just speeds up me going in berserk mode.
    DIAMONDS: Aphrodite, Nu Wa, Kukulkan, Neith, Chang'e, Amaterasu, Medusa, Sylvanus, Cupid

*I want a Marilyn Monroe Aphrodite skin with Vogue Dance Emote*
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...nroe-inspired)

Member Worshipper LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Persona 5, Guilty Gear, and metal gear revengeance soundtracks are my thing. If your not playing "It has to be this way" while it's a mirror match in solo lane there's something wrong with you.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,005
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    I just listen at everything I like, nothing specific with a role or playstyle. I like listening to Green Day, Paramore, Kings of Leon, Foo FIgthers, Sia...
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Forum Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,858
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Not really

/10c
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    What song is It has to be this way again?

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    I prefer keeping my ears open to the game's audio queues. I don't get why anyone would want to drown out those life-saving noises that tell you "oh shit, there's a monkey nearby."

Member Worshipper LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    The final boss theme of metal gear revengeance based around the ideal that the main character is similar to the boss but differ in ideals and how the two grew up.