Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Odyssey Skin Community Vote (final 3 concepts)

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    Voted for Ullr but... what the fuck? There were so much better concepts in the forums? There were more original and more promising concepts, like time evolving or this concept as well. And at the end? Fire and ice? I see fire and ice even on my ass, what is this. Let's at least hope they'll make the skin nice with cool transforming animations. I'm still pissed, there were much better concepts, not fire... and ice...

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Personally I think HiRez favors the Ullr skin that's why it got more details and changes. The Jing Wei and Medusa concepts look the same with little changes. I think I know which God will get the T5 skin. It's pretty much the same story as last year's. And to think there were so many cool ideas that scream T5.

I was very disappointed when Cupid didn't make the top 5 since I believe he could get a T5 skin that could rival Archon Thanatos with an adult Cupid transformation. And I'm sad that Skadi didn't make top 3. Her abilities and Kaldr would make very interesting designs. With her permafrost and Ult, they're enough to make cool design concepts like field of fire, blizzard, swirling leaves, and thunder/ lightning storm. This year we're gonna get another lame T5 skin with overpriced skins along with it. I really doubt HiRez could replicate the success of the Archon Thanatos T5 skin with these crappy ideas.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    This is just sad really hirez i'm think you all are hie to WTF this is sucks my fev class get a shitty T5 i'm sad just sad

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    I feel disappointed due to the skin quality... ah well.. Medusa slept with Poseidon so she disappointed me too..

And since I don't play Jing Wei, I'm voting Ullr

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilo View Post
    So submissions only count from the forums.

Yet none of these are on the forums?
    Well I found this Medusa one that changes forms based on nature. http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...-T5-(with-Art)

Here's one that again loosely resembles the one Hirez has produced. http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...highlight=Ullr

The only one I could find resembling JIng Wei's skin, which barely does, is http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...highlight=Jing

But they're vastly different from the one that made it to the top 3. Unless someone can show me one similar then I have to ask, why do we even bother with the effort of drawing when the final design is nothing like the original? Hirez might as well just go browse Deviantart next time.

Maybe next year I'll just write my concept.

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Voted Ullr, hands down the best of the bunch.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

Senior Member Honoured lextragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Full Profile! 1 year registered
    After T5 inferno Anubis there shouldn't be another fire-based T5 skin. I think if having Ullr transition from human into frost warrior in both stances would be more than enough and complement fire goobis.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    It's pathetic that there were some amazing concepts on the forums but none of these were on the forums. I honestly bet some Hi-Rez employee came up with this and they're just like, "Ok, let's do it. Let's make all 3 concepts the same exact idea, just different gods." So it's really just which god do you like more, not which concept.
    Ah well, as long as it's not the Jing Wei one, I'm good.

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    That Jing Wei skin is clearly a recolour of her T2 skin, and the Medusa skin is a recolour of her cosmic skin. So I'll just assume the reason they've put these 3 forward is because they've already begun to work on the Ullr skin, as the other 2 pretty much already exist. Calling bs on this years Odyssey already, this is frankly lame as fuck.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    And the hunter vote leads to 3 let downs. The Ullr one is the best one in the bunch but I am most likely to play Jing Wei of the 3 so went with her. Now if Hirez wants to throw in the other seasonal passive effects from Cern which it looks like the idea is kinda based on I won't complain. Well unless I had to face it.

Edit: Maybe it wasn't the hunter pick fault. Because I just looked at the first page of the submissions and a ton of them are better then these three. The T5 skin will cost about $100 so they shouldn't try to take the easy road.
    Last edited by ShinigamiXzero; 07-09-2017 at 03:06 PM.