Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Is skil even supposted to matter in smite?

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Playfunplax View Post
    No, i wasnt mad i was bored.
    I'm extremely bored of the linear routine smite is all about.

You know smite is like this:

Do this - check
    Now you can do this - check
    Now you can do this - check
    and so on

The only way a game wraps up quickly enough and provide satisfying gameplay is if everything can be "checked out" but that isnt the case usually with bad teams. As they are not aware of objective goals nor how to process fights, hence the game becomes long delay garbage selection test. Which turns this game that already suffers from lack of fun to a slugest torture chamber.

Anyways, i simply propesed it would be nice if i could fix the issues my teammates have, but that isnt possible after all smite is all about team-work, which is a bullshit concept coz that wont ever work.
    Hence why i say smite is a bad game, but meh.
    If you absolutely never find teamwork in Smite, it might simply just be that you refuse to participate in it.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

~I only play Jungle Practice, so note that my opinions are colored by that fact~
    "I am a primordial being: eternal, infinite, and still not nerfed enough."
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    If you absolutely never find teamwork in Smite, it might simply just be that you refuse to participate in it.
    Yes, sure point at me again, like all these people who just like you never read nor understand what im saying.
    It cant possibly be that smite was designer by people with mental retardation.

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Yes, sure point at me again, like all these people who just like you never read nor understand what im saying.
    We understand what you're saying, it's just far more reasonable to say the problem is one guy (you) and not the entire development team when you're clearly the only one with these sentiments.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    It isn't a design problem. Your problem is you want this:

Anyways, i simply propesed it would be nice if i could fix the issues my teammates have, but that isnt possible after all smite is all about team-work, which is a bullshit concept coz that wont ever work.
    Hence why i say smite is a bad game, but meh.
    You don't want team work, you want duels. Which is fine, just the wrong genre of games. Different people like different things, you don't like MOBAs. MOBAs are not by design flawed because they require team coordination, not liking them is merely an opinion. Other people do like them and there is nothing wrong with that.

You are free to express your opinion in the form of things you like and dislike about the game. You should not however, call for a total redesign of the game and have it branch into a completely different genre. That is just making a new game entirely. If you wish to create a new game feel free to do so, don't say this one is bad because it isn't the one you envision though.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Man I miss s3 Crusher, pre-phoenix laser beams In clash, pet tower defense reduction nerf, and pre-nerfed Skadi Ult.

I could literally have 3 items, clear the wave slower than the the only guy in the same lane, he would go over to the team fight in the other lane before me thinking I would be late only to later find out I wasn't going to join that team fight at all, take tier 1, take phoenix with ult, take titan with the second wave.

Ah those were the days, when I didn't have to rely on these 4 monkeys on my "team", premade or go home.
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    No, and if anyone says otherwise hasn't been playing Smite.

So there's two basketball teams facing off right? The judges and referees have declared them equal of skill and knowledge (apparently, or so the developers say *cough cough* bs). On one team, a bunch of people who have never met each other. They have NEVER communicated before, or even will communicate with each other through out the game. On the other team? Let's just say they're best friends who never stop talking to each other,and they love love love basketball.

Who do you think was going to win? Solo vs Party? Interesting. Skills tho.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LouieSenpai View Post
    No, and if anyone says otherwise hasn't been playing Smite.

So there's two basketball teams facing off right? The judges and referees have declared them equal of skill and knowledge (apparently, or so the developers say *cough cough* bs). On one team, a bunch of people who have never met each other. They have NEVER communicated before, or even will communicate with each other through out the game. On the other team? Let's just say they're best friends who never stop talking to each other,and they love love love basketball.

Who do you think was going to win? Solo vs Party? Interesting. Skills tho.
    If they are of equal skill then you are taking skill out of the equation. This is supposed to be whether skill matters or not, the fact is yes skill matters. It is a part of the equation, people are not all at the same skill level.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    If they are of equal skill then you are taking skill out of the equation. This is supposed to be whether skill matters or not, the fact is yes skill matters. It is a part of the equation, people are not all at the same skill level.
    Is this ranked? Or casual? Because as luck would have it the perfect matchmaking system they have implemented considers everyone in the lobby near similar skill. The only thing left in the real equation is teamwork.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Is this ranked? Or casual? Because as luck would have it the perfect matchmaking system they have implemented considers everyone in the lobby near similar skill. The only thing left in the real equation is teamwork.
    You're joking now right... There is no such thing as a perfect matchmaking system. Take in-person sports without teamwork for instance. You can have a tournament and while the top tier contenders may be of similar skill, there still only ends up being 1 winner. You don't have games in constant stalemate because everyone is so evenly matched. One player will always end up outplaying the other, a demonstration of skill. That is just what it means to be human, we think and behave differently from one another. Obviously being a team based game, it isn't purely about individual skill but that does not change the fact that skill is a factor.

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    If both teams are just as good, skill is not part of the equation. If the party sucks, the soloq'ers can just faceroll. Whether or not MM is good is a red herring and totally irrelevant to whether or not skill is a factor in deciding games.