Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Is skil even supposted to matter in smite?

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzenbo 13 View Post
    Guys I'm about to grow another 2 arms. Anyways on topic, the only characters that I think takes the least amount of skill and still dominates would probably be skadd. If your smurfing you could potentially kill the entire enemy team with only her dog. But that's who I think takes the least amount of skill.

But idk there could be a character who takes lesser skill and dominates higher play.
    I think I agree with you there Kuzenbo 13. Also you are looking good as always

Member Worshipper LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Here's s hint it's half the hunter cast. Darn I gave the answer away.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzenbo 13 View Post
    Guys I'm about to grow another 2 arms. Anyways on topic, the only characters that I think takes the least amount of skill and still dominates would probably be skadd. If your smurfing you could potentially kill the entire enemy team with only her dog. But that's who I think takes the least amount of skill.

But idk there could be a character who takes lesser skill and dominates higher play.
    Bruh them Skadi nerfs hurt me, I can't 1v3 anymore my dog is insta blown and I have to rely on these 4 other monkeys to know how to play.

Premade or go home.
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzenbo 14 View Post
    I think I agree with you there Kuzenbo 13. Also you are looking good as always

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    This sentence doesn't fit in this context at all. "Aggrandize" means to increase one's power, wealth, or status. None of us have tried to aggrandize ourselves. The fact that you don't even know what this word means and/or how to use it so that it actually makes sense attests to your lack of credibility.
    It also means to enhance ones reputation despite the evidence to the contrary, which given the op has said on various occasions they are an expert player, for others to get on their level, that they are not interested in others opinions on the matters they post on a public forum yet still post routinely on AND are incredibly defensive of safeguarding their opinion on points to someone who requires validation of their opinions because they themselves believe themselves to be the be-all and end-all of all things intellectual and skill based in relation to the subject matter.

Not that I believe for a second Ronan needs any assistance defending his opinion or grammer selection of the subject at hand, but I would guess given the context thats what was meant, as in the op, despite their protestations, thrives on affirming opinion. Otherwise, why get all defensive when yourself and Zav mocked their, apparently, self inflicted ban? Why belittle every (numerous) dissenting voice? Why blame a mod conspiracy and favouritism for an (apparently) self inflicted ban? All these point to self aggrandizement, a person who seeks to further their reputation based on a virtue that they present despite the evidence to the contrary.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    From the context of Keks rebuttal he was right, but from the context of my original post in which the word "aggrandize" was used you are right. So rejoice, both are right and I have yet to see any evidence to the contrary that would permit my assessment of the op being wrong.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Playfunplax View Post
    whatever i can do easily is basic.
    See there is a multitude of things wrong with this and your overall message.

To start with you say that skill doesn't matter and then you proceed to say(at least most recently) that your team mates lack of skill greatly affected your game. Then you also say things like this quote, implying that the only real skillful things done in the game are things that would be hard for you(such as carrying a game with team mates lacking your skill level against opponents with higher skill than your own team mates apparently, stuff that some players actually manage to do by the way)

I think it would be much more appropriate to state individual skill does not matter as much as overall team skill. I feel like this might be what you are attempting to state this whole time, but since you are so insistent that skill in general has no basis in the game it really doesn't come off that way. You are appearing to state that you felt you had more skill than the Freya, but that even though you were personally more skillful than that individual you still lost to her team. And this apparently upsets you and you feel that your superior skill should have been enough for you to win if the game were designed differently. Does that about sum things up?

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Yes.

The simplest skill is knowing how to build each archetype of character.

Another skill is knowing the map.

Another skill is knowing when to use your abilities, either offensively or defensively.

Another skill is just being able to synergize with your team mates.

I think the only "luck based" thing in SMITE is the matchmaking and whether or not you get team mates that can play on your level (And your enemies level for that matter too)

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    See there is a multitude of things wrong with this and your overall message.

To start with you say that skill doesn't matter and then you proceed to say(at least most recently) that your team mates lack of skill greatly affected your game. Then you also say things like this quote, implying that the only real skillful things done in the game are things that would be hard for you(such as carrying a game with team mates lacking your skill level against opponents with higher skill than your own team mates apparently, stuff that some players actually manage to do by the way)

I think it would be much more appropriate to state individual skill does not matter as much as overall team skill. I feel like this might be what you are attempting to state this whole time, but since you are so insistent that skill in general has no basis in the game it really doesn't come off that way. You are appearing to state that you felt you had more skill than the Freya, but that even though you were personally more skillful than that individual you still lost to her team. And this apparently upsets you and you feel that your superior skill should have been enough for you to win if the game were designed differently. Does that about sum things up?
    No, i wasnt mad i was bored.
    I'm extremely bored of the linear routine smite is all about.

You know smite is like this:

Do this - check
    Now you can do this - check
    Now you can do this - check
    and so on

The only way a game wraps up quickly enough and provide satisfying gameplay is if everything can be "checked out" but that isnt the case usually with bad teams. As they are not aware of objective goals nor how to process fights, hence the game becomes long delay garbage selection test. Which turns this game that already suffers from lack of fun to a slugest torture chamber.

Anyways, i simply propesed it would be nice if i could fix the issues my teammates have, but that isnt possible after all smite is all about team-work, which is a bullshit concept coz that wont ever work.
    Hence why i say smite is a bad game, but meh.
    Last edited by Playfunplax; 07-14-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    If that is the case you clearly won't like any MOBA since they are all about teamwork, and would likely prefer a tactical game as you find going down a checklist to be more fun. That is not a problem with smite, that is a personal preference in game genres.