Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Is skil even supposted to matter in smite?

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    If you can't aim, you will fail.
    say this to Cernunnos...

ll fail. If you can't position, you will fail.
    say this to Hercules...

If you lack situational awareness and team coordination, you will fail.
    say this to Freya...
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by *name deleted after moderator request* View Post
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    say this to Cernunnos...

say this to Hercules...

say this to Freya...
    A 4+ defense item Herc might be able to get away with being a little garbo but in general that's why people say learning the game on guardians is easier.

If she has her ult and it's not instant mage burst or over leveled crit damage she'll get away with it if her ult is up around 3/4.

If she doesn't learn from her mistake though and her ult is down she'll get ran over just like any other mage/squishy that gets taken by surprise.
    If you said Scylla I might've been able to agree.

It's very fun to walk up to people as a sustain assassin like Arachne, Merc, Nem, or Baka and proceed to anally rape them because you got the drop on them and are already 2 basic attacks deep. People don't seem to realize that in the intensity of the situation you can walk up to people in the right position without them noticing you, unless they have a hard focus on you were they immediately think, "wait, where is that fucker..."

As for Cern, outside his ult it's still true. Bramble is way too easy to hit though and comes up way too much for how easy it is, put that shit on 18 seconds.
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 657
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    say this to Cernunnos...

say this to Hercules...

say this to Freya...
    I mean, if you're trying to imply a cernnunos who can't land basics is going to have the same output as one who can simply because his 2 and ult are piss easy to land then that is just a large pile of horse dung. Just because his abilities are easy af to hit, that in no way changes the fact that his main damage will always be from his aa's.

Yes Herc is bullshit, but while virtually unkillable at times if he can't position to land his combo all you have is a sponge that occasionally catapults a rock, and honestly if they can't position properly to land the combo I'm really not going to be that bothered by a boulder that will likely miss more often than not.

Having skimmed a few pages back, the op posted about losing 1 v 1 as Scylla against Freya. This is the same poster who was asking was skill even something that mattered. Clearly it was as Freya won that exchange for, according to the poster, many reasons but skill was not one of them. This is also horse dung. If you are a skilled Scylla player then Freya, despite the crap she brings to the table, should be getting melted. Landing sic em to bait relics/ult, using your own escape to escape pulse/her ult, it really comes down to paying attention and thinking what you're doing, which sadly constitutes as skill these days.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Playfunplax View Post
    Okay so i just had agame. Assault.

Scylla was my god.
    Enemy was blabla + freya.
    But that is assault, sometimes you are 100 times better then your opponent but you still loose cause of team imbalance or Gods that just do much better in assault compared to yours.

Im a shit scylla, I know how hard she is compared to freya, A half assed freya can carry assault while you need a really really good scylla to carry assault.

Like try getting Chronos vs Ne Zha in assault, it is the most frustrating thing in the world unless you by some miracle and great plays still win, then it is hugely satisfying.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Playfunplax View Post
    Exactly this.

That sums up what i mean by ubergods, they destroy you efortlessly if they are played correctly, unless you got relics or force them to waste abilities.

I mean just compare freya to scylla, its true both have their potential but whats the point chosing scylla, if you can do the same just better with freya.
    She cant miss her ult at all, is dmg immune in it, and cc immune, can float away or chase you, she can use banish to set up kills, stick to you and demolish your tiny soul in seconds.

Scylla may have a huge aoe, a root, but landing both is much more difficult than landing freya's basics.

these two gods if meet, and face off against each other, one will have 10x the advantage over the other, unless you play scylla and stay out of range, and just throw ur 2, which is really very entertaining to do, very skillful and fun. Not.
    Cause you pick freya to act as a hunter dps sitting in the back, hitting things that come close to your team. While scylla is a team fighter / nuker that punishes people that over step and with ult can delete all the squish from a fight in like 3 sec. Freya hasn't got close to the team fight impact scylla has. You are comparing apples and oranges here tbh.

Some Gods are harder to play, we all know this. If you wanna shine on those Gods you better be skilled at landing their kits. Ullr is like the pinnacle of this in smite, hard to hit, but if you hit consistently then you will smash a lot of faces.

Ne Zha is one of the easiest Gods to play in the game and I am disturbed by it every game I face her but I could pick her if I wanted you know. Landing her kit needs basically no skill at all, just point and click and the kit is still devastating. I have 7 ne zha games total but if I pick her in arena or get her in assault I would win almost every time, cause not only is she easy she is OP to.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 07-08-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 712
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I feel like once we fall into describing scenarios with particular gods, the discussion becomes moot because it turns into a chess battle with yourself. The scenario people describe will always work in their favor, and don't think about the mind games the "opponent" can also do.

Just like this whole discussion of skill. Yes we can talk about it and compare who's harder to play, but when there's 90-something Gods on the table, "easy" gods are hard for some and "hard" gods easier than others. We can have a general consensus on who's more difficult to play by the majority (such as landing skills shots as Ullr or playing He Bo in mid) but personally I feel the OP has a bit of hyperbole syndrome. I'm not saying he didn't get blasted by a Freya or whatever the circumstances were, but there are so many variables as to why that simply stating that Freya is easy and requires no skill is the lazyman's excuse.

Edit: I just realized he's complaining he got wrecked in Assault. That's like being upset you lost MOTD. It's a joke mode that you play to either warm up or have some stress free fun.
    Last edited by RamenFrog; 07-08-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    I feel like once we fall into describing scenarios with particular gods, the discussion becomes moot because it turns into a chess battle with yourself. The scenario people describe will always work in their favor, and don't think about the mind games the "opponent" can also do.
    Not to mention that "hard" and "easy" are opinion based labels still......
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Member Follower
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Skill is meaningless until matchmaking gets fixed. You can be the most skilled player in the world, but when you get matched up with 4 retards, you lose anyway, every game.

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack1402 View Post
    Skill is meaningless until matchmaking gets fixed. You can be the most skilled player in the world, but when you get matched up with 4 retards, you lose anyway, every game.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Cause you pick freya to act as a hunter dps sitting in the back, hitting things that come close to your team. While scylla is a team fighter / nuker that punishes people that over step and with ult can delete all the squish from a fight in like 3 sec. Freya hasn't got close to the team fight impact scylla has. You are comparing apples and oranges here tbh.

Some Gods are harder to play, we all know this. If you wanna shine on those Gods you better be skilled at landing their kits. Ullr is like the pinnacle of this in smite, hard to hit, but if you hit consistently then you will smash a lot of faces.

Ne Zha is one of the easiest Gods to play in the game and I am disturbed by it every game I face her but I could pick her if I wanted you know. Landing her kit needs basically no skill at all, just point and click and the kit is still devastating. I have 7 ne zha games total but if I pick her in arena or get her in assault I would win almost every time, cause not only is she easy she is OP to.
    Like i said.

I understand the difference between them, i just dont like the fact the game is like this.
    People should be given more balance in kits, smite is about absolute countering, which is 0 skill to me.

For me, a skillful game is where i walk up to my opponent fight with him and both of us can get away with it, we repeatedly clash and the smarter on eprevails, aka there is more layers to fighting than just:

im scylla you are freya, so i stay totally out of range and nuke your ass, wow so fun.
    but if i go anywhere cloes to you i die for sure, you cant miss your ult, you are in the same time immune to damage (what a smart desing) and you literally do mroe damage to a squishy than me with my ultiamte as a fucking mage adc

smite isnt about skill its about basic calculations.