Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is skil even supposted to matter in smite?

Under Review Worshipper Playfunplax's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Is skil even supposted to matter in smite?

Question is as simple as that.

I find that most scenarios come down to basic calculations. It would make sense since the game is supposted to be team-oriented.
    But as of late the op god releases break away from this standard.

So what's the answer really?
    VEG,VVX,VER!

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Yes.

Building in general is also a part of skill, as you have to realize the best way to counter-build and what items work best with you're respective God.

Truth be told, most scenarios in-game come down to reaction time and accuracy.
    Art is merely an extension of our imagination. A true artist imagines more than they draw, write, or even play; art may cause a revolution, but imagination causes the uproar.

~Gray

Sometimes I think God gave some people too many Lemons, as their just becoming way too pissy.

Hundun, the Faceless Beast God Concept

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    If you can't aim, you will fail. If you can't position, you will fail. If you lack situational awareness and team coordination, you will fail. Skill is what separates those who fall victim to these facts from those who do not.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 880
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    I often fall victim to myself, diving for one person knowing full well I'm going to die for it but deem them as "worth kills" just to let that ho know what's up even though I'm usually carrying my team 8+/3/5 and the guy i just killed was 0/5/10 so~
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    I often fall victim to myself, diving for one person knowing full well I'm going to die for it but deem them as "worth kills" just to let that ho know what's up even though I'm usually carrying my team 8+/3/5 and the guy i just killed was 0/5/10 so~
    Gotta love those last second Blinkers.

I deeply respect their map awareness, positioning and reaction time, as that really takes a lot of skill.

... but man is it infuriating when you get gimped out of a kill you should have easily obtained.
    Art is merely an extension of our imagination. A true artist imagines more than they draw, write, or even play; art may cause a revolution, but imagination causes the uproar.

~Gray

Sometimes I think God gave some people too many Lemons, as their just becoming way too pissy.

Hundun, the Faceless Beast God Concept

Member Follower
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    According to smite guru database over 70% of the games are a "faceroll" for one side or the other.
    That answers the question right there. Skill is meaningless, you will get grouped either with winners or losers most of the time and get a unearned win or loss.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    There will always be some imbalance in god choices, but there isn't anywhere near enough for skill to not matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack1402 View Post
    According to smite guru database over 70% of the games are a "faceroll" for one side or the other.
    That answers the question right there. Skill is meaningless, you will get grouped either with winners or losers most of the time and get a unearned win or loss.
    I strongly doubt Smite.guru sorts games by "faceroll", and even if something similar existed, 70% is a massive stretch. Proof?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

~I only play Jungle Practice, so note that my opinions are colored by that fact~
    "I am a primordial being: eternal, infinite, and still not nerfed enough."
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    If you can't aim, you will fail. If you can't position, you will fail. If you lack situational awareness and team coordination, you will fail. Skill is what separates those who fall victim to these facts from those who do not.
    If you can't aim. Play Geb.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods

Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Skadi - Sol - Ymir - Cernunnos - Bacchus - Sun Wukong

RIP Raijin

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    If you can't aim. Play Geb.
    Yeah, but that just opens its own can of proverbial worms because only the best Geb's can make the phattest shield plays.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 490
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    If you don't think it takes skill to land Hou Yi ricochets, snipe people with Ra, 1v5 people with warriors and still be able to get 1 or 2 kills, know exactly where someone is going to step at exactly the right time as Terra, or to get Pentas with pretty much any assassin, then no, I guess not.
    Last edited by Necromancer776; 07-06-2017 at 06:14 PM.