Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: For those who care about hunters buying Fatalis

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Currently this is how i play with fatalis:

-> Stay at maximum range and fire basics from total safety.
    -> If enemies are pressured by my team i go close to increase my chance on landing basics more frequently.
    -> If enemies try to escape i dash to them, directly next to their character model, and keep meele range so i dont miss even once.

If i got no dash i calculate how i must position to cut distance to get to them by the time they begin to escape, usually you can 100% predict how fights will go based on player skill which you can obviously determine easily once used to good games and bad games, even the item choices, and the way people initiate move and generally behave in a game can tell you everything you must know.

So, fatalis's strength isnt that it makes you impossible to poke, that is utter nonsense.
    Its power is to stick to enemies and dont miss once, chase them forever, they cant escape you EVER.

The only times you dont go close is if you fear enemies attacking you while you would do so, in such cases you stay at mid/max range, and so if you feel so bad you can buy frostbound, now enemies cant juke, cant escape, die within moments.

How the hell, is this even allowed to exist in the game?
    More importantly, how can so many people think its okay? Am i the only sane person here? or its just that everybody is secretly bad, while openly stating they are great? how curious.

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Im gonna stop you here and call salty bullshit on you never missing any basic. How can we be sure you are just not lying your ass off now to look down on the ones that think Fatalis is already meh as fuck?

On a side note, that is not your job as ADC anyway
    Your job is to provide either heavy burst or DPS dmg in teamfights and hit the targets that would obviously take the most dmg from you or have a high priority to take down. How is Fatalis going to help with that when in a good teamfight, you never get to chase anyone who runs through the jungle
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    Im gonna stop you here and call salty bullshit on you never missing any basic. How can we be sure you are just not lying your ass off now to look down on the ones that think Fatalis is already meh as fuck?

On a side note, that is not your job as ADC anyway
    Your job is to provide either heavy burst or DPS dmg in teamfights and hit the targets that would obviously take the most dmg from you or have a high priority to take down. How is Fatalis going to help with that when in a good teamfight, you never get to chase anyone who runs through the jungle
    If you dont have fatalis you have to position to a certain distance relative to the enemy you are attacking and angle them.
    There are usually 3 things one has to keep in mind.

1. The time my basics take to reach to the target distance.

(if you are closer its shorter hence it helps you, if they are farther its harder and if you mess up they can easily escape, so you must keep a certain range that benefits you most)

2. Where the enemy is going to move exactly, what is on his mind. What does he want to accomplish?

(they usully want to escape with least damage, but oftenly they either end up trying to juke it all like idiots, or if smart taking a few shots walking in a straight line, best is if your team mates are near, if they cant walk in a line because cc might be done to them they are very easy to read)

3. Use my cursor targeter as a way to close the enemy off, if he tries to juke inside my targeter i attack and hit him, but if its likely he wont then i use the targeter the close him into a smaller area and attack him just the same.

(this is where most people fail, you dont just aim, you dont just use the cursor targeter to close enemies in, you do both and in addition if you are good you have to calculate where to move to cursor to close him in then quickly aim to the right place and do this repeatedly for each basic)

Ofcourse, if you got less atackspeed thsi is relatively easy, but the more attackspeed you get the hardwer it gets to aim well frequently hence moving closer becomes more important, so safety is easy to ignore, which you dont want to happen.
    Hence team is necessary to help you have such pressure that enemies have to ignore you.

-
    So, you dont just aim and try to hit, you keep in mind the variables. And then make sure you attack only at the moment your attacks will hit.
    Ofcourse you have a very short time span to do this, like whenever i play xba its a nightmare how difficult it is to aim with so much attack speed.
    Hence why i learned to simply go as close as i can if there is no threat, so enemies cant evade.

But if you want to have an easy to time and completely lock the enemy out of game, so they ae just a target hitbox and cant have a say buy both fatalis and frostbound, doesnt matter if you lose dps, they simply cant do crap about you anymore.
    Last edited by ikilyou; 07-07-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Playfunplax View Post
    they simply cant do crap about you anymore.
    pretty sure they can still just shoot you in the face if they don't bother running away.

Senior Member Chosen Darkfire47's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    If we wanted to fix fatalis couldn't we just completely revert it to its S2/Early S3 state where it was a niche buy that hunters would go for the mobility but would lose dps by purchasing it?

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfire47 View Post
    If we wanted to fix fatalis couldn't we just completely revert it to its S2/Early S3 state where it was a niche buy that hunters would go for the mobility but would lose dps by purchasing it?
    This, if anything. But definitely don't remove it. Nerf Freya in some other way.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 705
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Maybe I'm just getting lucky, but I've seen maybe one Fatalis in the last couple of weeks. The price increase and general stats it provides just don't seem worth it in the long term unless you're snowballing as it is.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxistaicho View Post

Among hunters Medusa's one of the only gods out there with an argument to get Fatalis and that's just because of her passive.
    Which is why she doesn't even need it. Fatalis Medusa? Eeeew. Some games though I admit I build her qins, exec, hasted but when I do I regret not picking another hunter.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Which is why she doesn't even need it. Fatalis Medusa? Eeeew. Some games though I admit I build her qins, exec, hasted but when I do I regret not picking another hunter.
    Personally, I only pick Fatalis for AMC and when the team doesn't have much CC. I want to tear my hair off when I see Ullr or Hou Yi buying Fatalis.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 07-09-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 657
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    Personally, I only pick Fatalis for AMC, when the team doesn't have much CC. I with to tear my hair off when I see Ullr or Hou Yi fatalis.
    If I see people playing either of them with fatalis I usually end up getting my team to farm the shit out of them, which tends to be easy as they usually are hyper aggressive in their pursuits. Bait that jump then descend like ravenous beasts.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools