Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: For those who care about hunters buying Fatalis

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,310
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    Right. So I start the topic with "For those who care" to get someone who doesn't care calling people bad for having a different opinion. A moderator, of all people.

Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    Right. So I start the topic with "For those who care" to get someone who doesn't care calling people bad for having a different opinion. A moderator, of all people.

Ofc its shame, but i just get sick of simple suggestions turning into Hunter salt
    Its literally always just people trying to trash an already trash item with shitty stats and only picked for its effect. If Hirez fucks up that effect it can get removed entirely Lux

Unless you revert Fatalis into s3 Fatalis again, it cant be balanced. ANd then its competitively unviable. Pick your poison

I thought after YEARS of SMITE we got over getting salty over bullshit that can be countered. I rather want to see the Fatalis counter Midguardian mail NOT be the biggest bs passive this game has
    I could rant forever about how shit that item is and its the reason fatalis gets through, but i never see ANYONE suggest a buff for that
    Last edited by Slaycrol; 07-05-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    I thought after YEARS of SMITE we got over getting salty over bullshit that can be countered. I rather want to see the Fatalis counter Midguardian mail NOT be the biggest bs passive this game has
    I could rant forever about how shit that item is and its the reason fatalis gets through, but i never see ANYONE suggest a buff for that
    Couldn't agree more. Its proc chance needs to be 100% also they could put in that it negates the effect of no movement penalty (like hasted, upgraded sprint, others?). Or they could make it stack up to 3 times that would be interesting.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Its proc chance needs to be 100% also they could put in that it negates the effect of no movement penalty (like hasted, upgraded sprint, others?). Or they could make it stack up to 3 times that would be interesting.
    If you buff MIdguardian, Fatalis wouldnt be ANY PROBLEM AT ALL
    But nah, lets trash Fatalis with some effects and bring Freya and Kali buffs.

As much as people dont want to hear it, fucking Fatalis makes Freya buffs and Kali buffs and other Fatalis user buffs.
    Rather see Midguardian being actually good than Fatalis being trash
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    If you buff MIdguardian, Fatalis wouldnt be ANY PROBLEM AT ALL
    But nah, lets trash Fatalis with some effects and bring Freya and Kali buffs.

As much as people dont want to hear it, fucking Fatalis makes Freya buffs and Kali buffs and other Fatalis user buffs.
    Rather see Midguardian being actually good than Fatalis being trash
    Not sure what u meant there about buffs. But yeah instead of reducing the games potential builds lets add more counters instead on items not picked up much. I still like to see someone build midgardian, witch blade and frostbound to counter a problematic ranged god with fatalis or a comp with many auto attackers, but no one does this even though on paper I think its a great build. Not sure if the AS penalty from these 3 items stack but they should, and if they do I have a hard time seeing a hunter outbox someone with those items in the mid/late-mid game at least.

Yeah my only gripe with fatalis is that it has gotten so much more expensive so its hard to fit in a melee build now. For some reason I do not think the increased price bothers hunters as much, dunno why maybe cause of a meta shift not related to fatalis along the way. The pene doesn't make upp for the price IMO so in my eyes it is nerfed already and is worse then it was in s3. Except on freya cause the extra pene on her stacks so well with pene boots and I think the changes actually favors freya more then anything and did we need a freya buff? :S
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 07-05-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Not sure what u meant there about buffs. But yeah instead of reducing the games potential builds lets add more counters instead on items not picked up much. I still like to see someone build midgardian, witch blade and frostbound to counter a problematic ranged god with fatalis or a comp with many auto attackers, but no one does this even though on paper I think its a great build. Not sure if the AS penalty from these 3 items stack but they should, and if they do I have a hard time seeing a hunter outbox someone with those items in the mid/late-mid game at least.

Yeah my only gripe with fatalis is that it has gotten so much more expensive so its hard to fit in a melee build now. For some reason I do not think the increased price bothers hunters as much, dunno why maybe cause of a meta shift not related to fatalis along the way. The pene doesn't make upp for the price IMO so in my eyes it is nerfed already and is worse then it was in s3. Except on freya cause the extra pene on her stacks so well with pene boots and I think the changes actually favors freya more then anything and did we need a freya buff? :S
    The pene is good, but it just delays early for 2 already meh early gods, Kali and Freya. Baka is not to talk about because he needs a whole new ability set to be truly viable probably, but thats offtopic

Fact is, if we trash Fatalis more Freya and Kali buffs are needed. Simple. They both are already meh in conquest by how the meta works and plays out

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Why counter when they can complain about things that won't ever change? They love making themselves salty for no reason other than to find other that are as whiny as they are.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods

Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Skadi - Sol - Ymir - Cernunnos - Bacchus - Sun Wukong

No Bow For Apollo

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    Why counter when they can complain about things that won't ever change? They love making themselves salty for no reason other than to find other that are as whiny as they are.
    But thats kind of the point, there is no reliable counter to fatalis. Reverting it to season 3 stats is one option, buffing midgardian is another, making it melee only, thereby retaining freyas access to it is another, and given the amount of people who rightly point out that an item that removes the inherent restriction of a high damage class which also has very little to counter it it seems odd that you would belittle said opinions as they don't match up to your own.

Fatalis much yourself?

Fact is enough see it as an issue. Personally I'm on the fence, I think its a crutch item that makes an already simplistic class simpler, yet it is at the point of a luxury item cost for crap stats but a very useful passive. The passive allows much greater chase and secure potential, but I personally believe it diminishes accrued skill with aiming and shot leading, therefore I try to avoid it. I'd prefer midgardian to be buffed regardless of what happens to fatalis, it needs it badly, but the op's suggestion has merit too in that you would have to remain accurate to maintain the passive. If it were to happen then a price decrease would have to follow as well.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Midgaurdian being buffed would be quite nice, as is I hardly ever pick it up since it doesn't stack with frost bound. Top that off with frost bound typically being a better pick and mid guardian becomes a pick for squishies who want to run away, or guardians since they don't have access to frost bound and gem of isolation doesn't work for all of them. Kumbahkarna for instance doesn't have as much use out of gem of isolation since he already roots/mesmerizes for the duration of gem's slow.

Boosting how much mid guardian slows would be the obvious choice and depending on how high they make it could end up being a powerful support item, if they increased the chance to 66% or even 100% and left the slow as is that would also make it a great support item. If they increased it to 100% they'd probably stick a cool down on it though and that'd just make it completely useless.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 3,470
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Would hit the players who aren't practiced with it while leaving those good at using it the exact same. I don't see another need to nerf Fatalis currently, but I wouldn't mind this one as an adjust either.

That said wouldn't bug me at all tbh, I only buy this when i'm in Duel or I'm the ones where buying it is mandatory.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    Anubis is my Husband, don't question it, just leave us in the dumpster.