Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who care about hunters buying Fatalis

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class!

For those who care about hunters buying Fatalis

This was posted in other thread that got closed.

I think I may have an elegant solution.

What if Fatalis had a cooldown - activated when you miss? This would hurt spray and pray hunters but not as much melee gods, because they have cone basics which are very hard to dodge.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    I think I'd have to see/use the item after this change is implemented to decide how I feel about it.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 880
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    2 second cd if you miss and it doesn't refresh. E.g. if you miss 10 times in a row you won't be in cd for 12 indefinite seconds.

It really won't hurt melee gods and Frostbound is still a thing so~

NERF! NERF! NERF! NERF! NERF! NERF!
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.

Senior Member Honoured ArsenalIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Are we going to complain about hunters using Shifters Shield next? I don't use fatalis on hunters but why do we care all of the sudden?

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    Are we going to complain about hunters using Shifters Shield next? I don't use fatalis on hunters but why do we care all of the sudden?
    Shifters Shield pretty much makes sense on everyone though, due to how it works, yet it is a pretty niche choice on a Hunter for obvious reasons. Especially when we have better options in the Lifesteal category.

By comparison, Fatalis is effectively a massive buff to Hunters, but only certain ones, while providing far less of a buff for other Physical Gods in the same or different categories. It's mainly a factor of it being far too easy for a Hunter to chase you down with it, since they have no penalty for missing and can just spam it to eventually hit you and constantly reap the buff, unlike other items.

At least, that's how I see it, anyways.
    Last edited by Graysmog; 07-05-2017 at 06:30 AM.
    Art is merely an extension of our imagination. A true artist imagines more than they draw, write, or even play; art may cause a revolution, but imagination causes the uproar.

~Gray

Sometimes I think God gave some people too many Lemons, as their just becoming way too pissy.

Hundun, the Faceless Beast God Concept

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Graysmog View Post
    Shifters Shield pretty much makes sense on everyone though, due to how it works, yet it is a pretty niche choice on a Hunter for obvious reasons. Especially when we have better options in the Lifesteal category.

By comparison, Fatalis is effectively a massive buff to Hunters, but only certain ones, while providing far less of a buff for other Physical Gods in the same or different categories. It's mainly a factor of it being far too easy for a Hunter to chase you down with it, since they have no penalty for missing and can just spam it to eventually hit you and constantly reap the buff, unlike other items.

At least, that's how I see it, anyways.
    So are people complaining because they don't want hunters getting buffs?

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 928
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    So are people complaining because they don't want hunters getting buffs?
    Its because they honestly cant deal with anything that requires getting gud

Yes, im terribly sorry to say this but come the fuck on guys. Fatalis is an item that abuses the skill of enemies and your own. It mangles your DPS, and in teamfights it doesnt even have this much of an advantage over just getting another pen/crit/lifesteal/idfk item

As hard as it sounds, from a player that plays for years against this now and played alot of games depending on skill.....dont rely on patches fixing the stuff you dont want to see and follow Cranky's advice
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    Its because they honestly cant deal with anything that requires getting gud

Yes, im terribly sorry to say this but come the fuck on guys. Fatalis is an item that abuses the skill of enemies and your own. It mangles your DPS, and in teamfights it doesnt even have this much of an advantage over just getting another pen/crit/lifesteal/idfk item

As hard as it sounds, from a player that plays for years against this now and played alot of games depending on skill.....dont rely on patches fixing the stuff you dont want to see and follow Cranky's advice
    I can already hear them typing their counter arguments. Instead of complaining friendos, let's adapt.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods

Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Skadi - Sol - Ymir - Cernunnos - Bacchus - Sun Wukong

RIP Raijin

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 928
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I can already hear them typing their counter arguments. Instead of complaining friendos, let's adapt.
    OF COURSE we can patch it out

Or we can stop overreacting over an item that is already trash and costs as almost as much as fucking book of the dead. Guess Fatalis has to be 3300 cost like Tahuti to be balanced
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Senior Member Honoured RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    This was posted in other thread that got closed.

I think I may have an elegant solution.

What if Fatalis had a cooldown - activated when you miss? This would hurt spray and pray hunters but not as much melee gods, because they have cone basics which are very hard to dodge.
    You mean that it stop proccing for x sec when you miss a shot? I like that idea.

But I like it as it is as well. Its expensive and gives little dmg. Its a massive deficit in your power spike picked on most hunters. Ichavail has better stats but is cheaper.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 07-05-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    Rocking the boat