Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Basic attack range varies

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    If we're talking about melee gods the range of their basic attacks, to the best of my knowledge goes from 12, the lowest to 16, the highest. The maximum range of range based autos however are all the same or corrected to be the same. E.G. Slyvanus.

Awlilix and cuck boy always have 16 range and bellona's 4+ range from her 3 just puts her at 16 range from her previous 12.

Edit: The above does not include Thoth's range increase nor Xbal's.

Edit 2: Having checked through literally every melee god in the game there are only 3 cases of melee gods having over 12 range, 2 spear wielders, the other a tailored whip ability.

The new range has gone from 12-17 to 12-16.
    Last edited by Zaveana; 07-05-2017 at 03:42 AM.
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    No no no i think most understand that completely wrong

What this guy means, is how the animation of some attacks (or the size of the projectile) cause some basic attacks to have a slightly longer AA range

What i wanna tho, is how 1-2 range on 55 AA can be a "big advantage". its nice to know, but max range fights almost never really happen, given how most ADCs and mages work.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    What i wanna tho, is how 1-2 range on 55 AA can be a "big advantage".
    Did you ever stay besides a Vulcan ult and got killed even if you clealry didnt stand in the AoE Radius ? If yes there goes your +1 range. Your eye say "yes i am safe" and the game simply says :" NOPE fuck you."

So yeah some range bugs REALLY push me to the limit where i need a Snickers.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    Did you ever stay besides a Vulcan ult and got killed even if you clealry didnt stand in the AoE Radius ? If yes there goes your +1 range. Your eye say "yes i am safe" and the game simply says :" NOPE fuck you."

So yeah some range bugs REALLY push me to the limit where i need a Snickers.
    That is not a range bug, that is the Vulcan ult there being shitty labeled imo
    While you can see the BIG radius where it obviousy hits you, the borders being faded out tilt me hard when they hit me. I would love to get a better border for it, but since its a minor issue for most players i just gotta deal with it aswell.

For most attacks in the game, i just get me a general feel of when they CAN hit me and when not. For most attacks the targeter is a fat lie, and the actual hitbox of the projectile should be considered.
    Take Ullrs Axe for example. The axe doesnt even have the hitbox it shows on the targeter, but the hitbox of the actual projectile.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    There was a time when Rama and I were having a 1v1 in Joust and I should've been able to hit him if he could hit me because I was aimed right at him. My AA wouldn't reach though and his did, so I died when he had one hit left. It can be annoying when two hunters are having a 1v1 and one exploits that. If I played ranked duel a lot, it would probably bother me more.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    That is not a range bug, that is the Vulcan ult there being shitty labeled imo
    Same goes for hunters. They all have the same range...but the size of the projectile is not.

Take Caitniss post above for example. A Rama will always hit a Neith out of range because his arrows are longer. If i remember right Rama has the longest projectiles of all hunters. The AA range only tells you where the projectile stops and that is mostly calculated from the center of the projectile. So when the center stops at 55.....the point of the arrow does not.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    There was a time when Rama and I were having a 1v1 in Joust and I should've been able to hit him if he could hit me because I was aimed right at him. My AA wouldn't reach though and his did, so I died when he had one hit left. It can be annoying when two hunters are having a 1v1 and one exploits that. If I played ranked duel a lot, it would probably bother me more.
    I usually only have this issue if my opponent is walking backwards while we are fighting, as they move out of range while I move into range of the projectiles. It really irks me when I'm melee trying to hit Thor and he just keeps hitting me with his hammer while walking back and I just can't touch him with Bakasura

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    As much as I want to mock DukeSloth over some of his overly simplified conclusions, he does have a video showing quite clearly the distance difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p-khqEKXR0

It does exist. It isnt much for most gods, but it does exist.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    You guys seem to catch on, I belive the animation gives certain gods a clear disadvantage in poke which can turn a fair fight to a unfair fight.... this is as important as having the map giving equall advantage/disadvantage on both sides if you think about walkpaths and walls you can leap over and hide behind

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    You guys seem to catch on, I belive the animation gives certain gods a clear disadvantage in poke which can turn a fair fight to a unfair fight.... this is as important as having the map giving equall advantage/disadvantage on both sides if you think about walkpaths and walls you can leap over and hide behind
    Its also to note that some animations have their own properties in terms of speed and windup

Tested with a friend and at the same AS value, Ullrs shot for example hits faster than Rama for a very small splitsecond