Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A compilation of unusual interactions between items and gods/other items

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    What? So Freya randomly has an item for an ability? But without actually having the item?

Okay, then Mr Smartypants, try and BS you way out of explaining Kali? Who's Lash ability gives her lifesteal against afflicted targets.

Or does it randomly give-her-an-item-but-not-really like Freya's ABILITY does?
    Actually, it works ALMOST the same way

But giving Kali the value of as if she has 25% lifesteal when attacking affected target......thinking about it, im so confused why that technique has not been used for other gods yet. That could make so many interesting mechanics
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I also went ahead and tested telkines since it was mentioned and it does gain multiple stacks per basic, didn't test shaman's since that requires multiple gods bunched together. I did like the old telkines on him and building decent attack speed just for wave clear though, obviously he wasn't very bursty like that but he still did surprisingly nice damage back in S3.
    Testing against clustered gods can be done with coop vs ai pretty easily. I would suggest Clash since less people play it, but Arena makes them even more clustered.

Shaman's Ring does do multiple procs. Like for most gods, its healing is really questionable, but the mana back is really nice. Once it is up, you basically never run out.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    What? So Freya randomly has an item for an ability? But without actually having the item?

Okay, then Mr Smartypants, try and BS you way out of explaining Kali? Who's Lash ability gives her lifesteal against afflicted targets.

Or does it randomly give-her-an-item-but-not-really like Freya's ABILITY does?
    Her passive gives her the stat 15% life steal, this adds additively with life steal items not seperate from them (Anubis also gets bonus life steal from his passive by the way). Since she is gaining life steal from her passive, not healing, it doesn't proc shield of regrowth and other such items. Her total life steal stat heals her based off her damage following life steal mechanics. Even if her only life steal is from her passive, it is still her life steal that is giving her health, not her passive. If her passive gave her flat heals or even scaling heals it would proc such items, but as it is now her passive doesn't give her heals at all.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EnemaGod View Post
    From the Soul Eater thread I made I came to the conclusion that Erlang Shen's passive (the dog) is also considered as a regular basic attack which leads to items like Odyssey's Bow, Soul Eater and so on that have on-hit effects proc more often. Like for Odyssey's Bow you actually need 2 basic attacks to proc it. Thanks to @damienmc90 for the info.

Also from the recent thread "Athena Passive/Point" it looks like athena's passive procs poly which makes it great item for her.
    So nobody felt the need to even acknowledge this? No wonder people like Reddit more, at least he would've got the "are you retarded?" out of someone.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I tested it. You still have the buff when it ends.

Coerce explicitly procs ability items, and the breath explicitly procs nothing on its own. The tooltip specifies this.
    Yeah I just tested Hydra's on Merc's MYL, it procs and then immediately reapplies because MYL is an ability, you'll notice a brief second of the buff disappearing. It'll be easier to see if you lose some mana to so the second part of it is numbered, then compare damage to another item with 40 power.