Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A compilation of unusual interactions between items and gods/other items

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award

A compilation of unusual interactions between items and gods/other items

This thread is meant to catalog weird or unexpected interactions between certain items and either specific gods or other items. The purpose of this thread is simply "for science." If you know of any such mechanics in the game, please list them below so I can add them.

-The penetration granted by Fatalis and Stone of Fal's passive is both physical and magical, meaning that if you are of one damage type and have an item that deals damage of the opposite damage type (i.e. you're a guardian with Nemean or a warrior with Mystical), the damage from that item is still affected by the penetration granted by Fatalis or SoF.
    -Mercury's MYL does not apply the damage from Heartseeker or Hydra's.
    -When you have a Poly proc ready to go, missing your basic attack removes the proc. However, if Ao misses Wild Storm, he does not lose the Poly proc.
    -Deathbringer's tooltip is misleading. It does not increase the damage of your critical hits by 40%, which would add 80% of your basic attack damage; rather, it adds 40% of your basic attack damage to your crits.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Well I've noticed polynomicon doesn't work for Sylvanus, at least it doesn't work for him when attacking structures. I haven't tried it against players or minions as I usually only pick it up for structures unless the god needs it for killing players, but with sylvanus it didn't increase structure damage at all.

I've assumed this is because you can't land his basic attack directly on the tower and have to aim to the side, so it is like cernunnos passive at close range, but as I haven't tested it against minions/gods it could simply be that it doesn't work at all with him. Regardless I believe it should apply to the entire radius to allow him structure damage with it like any other magical god, I mean even if you use it for player killing if you don't hit them directly but your basic still hits them the proc should work.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    -Deathbringer's tooltip is misleading. It does not increase the damage of your critical hits by 40%, which would add 80% of your basic attack damage; rather, it adds 40% of your basic attack damage to your crits.
    Technicalities. It turns crit's 1.0 multiplier into a 1.4 multiplier.

While where your coming from is the total damage of a critical strike is 2.0, but 1.0 of that is your non-crit damage which is not affected by Deathbringer.

On Topic:

Well, not quite. Just before that, I wanna INB4 someone points at Ratatoskr's Acorn + Regrowth. There is no interaction between these 2 because Regrowth only procs of ability healing and the Acorn itself is what provides the healing.

Arachne's heal is not affected by any anti-heal items or effects. It will just work full strength no matter what (Despite it specifically stating it Heals, rather than something like Chronos/Khepri health restore)

Auras don't work during Ne Zha's ultimate. Neither god is considered "In play" and therefore will not receive auras, even if they are holding them themselves.

Freya's "Brisingamen's Blessing" passive will not proc any on-heal effects such as Regrowth/Lotus/Celestial, yet it is an ability that provides lifesteal. Either that, or anti-heal items are incomplete as they only specify Healing and Regeneration is reduced, but don't mention Leech (Even though it is reduced)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Artio, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Junior Member Senior Minion
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    - Hydra INCREASES made made you look's damage.
    - Fafnir's breath diesel not apply Item effects, but with coerce it diesel (i.e. spear od the magus)

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzydar View Post
    - Fafnir's breath diesel not apply Item effects, but with coerce it diesel (i.e. spear od the magus)
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say in the first part.... But the second part his breath is not what is applying effects, coerce damage procs are applying the item ability procs as coerce is an ability. It also applies when your allies attack with your coerce buff, as coerce is dealing damage. Perfectly normal.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say in the first part.... But the second part his breath is not what is applying effects, coerce damage procs are applying the item ability procs as coerce is an ability. It also applies when your allies attack with your coerce buff, as coerce is dealing damage. Perfectly normal.
    Yeah, really the only weird thing with Faf-kun's Dragon form is that his breath won't proc some (Maybe all? I haven't tested) AA based items like Shaman's Ring. Even though it is a basic attack because Coerce works on it (Though, it's understandable that they wouldn't let him get the 2% health+mana per AA proc on his breath xD )
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Artio, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzydar View Post
    I tested it. You still have the buff when it ends.

Coerce explicitly procs ability items, and the breath explicitly procs nothing on its own. The tooltip specifies this.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    From the Soul Eater thread I made I came to the conclusion that Erlang Shen's passive (the dog) is also considered as a regular basic attack which leads to items like Odyssey's Bow, Soul Eater and so on that have on-hit effects proc more often. Like for Odyssey's Bow you actually need 2 basic attacks to proc it. Thanks to @damienmc90 for the info.

Also from the recent thread "Athena Passive/Point" it looks like athena's passive procs poly which makes it great item for her.

Junior Member Senior Minion
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    I've just read it. Stupid autocorrect. Hydra's Lament works with made you look that's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I tested it. You still have the buff when it ends.
    Then test it again and check damage values.

Member Worshipper Lagministrator's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Well I've noticed polynomicon doesn't work for Sylvanus, at least it doesn't work for him when attacking structures. I haven't tried it against players or minions as I usually only pick it up for structures unless the god needs it for killing players, but with sylvanus it didn't increase structure damage at all.

I've assumed this is because you can't land his basic attack directly on the tower and have to aim to the side, so it is like cernunnos passive at close range, but as I haven't tested it against minions/gods it could simply be that it doesn't work at all with him. Regardless I believe it should apply to the entire radius to allow him structure damage with it like any other magical god, I mean even if you use it for player killing if you don't hit them directly but your basic still hits them the proc should work.
    I can confirm this. I built a super troll burst Sylvanus one day about 2 months ago and was pretty upset when my AoE autos didn`t proc poly. Even if it works similar to SR in regards to multiples hit, it should apply.