Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How long is Ao kuang going to remain overpowered?

Junior Member Senior Minion Luxeternam's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

How long is Ao kuang going to remain overpowered?

I cant remember the last time Ao Kuang hasnt been amazing. Quite frankly i have had enough and i think im done playing the game until he is fixed.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I never see him played anymore... how is he over powered?

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 490
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Lol... he's not. There are literally FIVE different relics that counter his ult (or you could just body block). His only "escape" has to be used in so he can get a kill. He has no ranged attacks except his 2. And his wave clear is awful.

Does that sound overpowered to you?

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,015
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    He aint overpowered. Although he may do lots of damage at times, he has to use most of if not all of his kit to DEAL that damage, leaving him incredibly vulnerable.

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer guide. I work on my own knowledge and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    Link to the Concept Creator Discord
    My Concepts

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    Lol... he's not. There are literally FIVE different relics that counter his ult (or you could just body block). His only "escape" has to be used in so he can get a kill. He has no ranged attacks except his 2. And his wave clear is awful.

Does that sound overpowered to you?
    I could only think of 4, is phantom your 5th??

I like countering him magi's myself but that is more in duel than anything else. He is incredibly easy to build against, he really only works via surprise damage so if you keep yourself warded there shouldn't be any real problem. Just don't let him get fed, that is when you start actually having problems because like most gods he can snowball but unlike most gods when he does snowball everyone suffers surprise over leveled ambushes.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 1000 Experience Points
    Ao Kuang is a terrible god.. If anything he is underpowered.. Sure, he has an execute that kills at 30% health.. but since balancing is based on conquest.. And Ao Kuang has never been picked since.. when again? He practically sucks.. and is just a magical version of Loki that isn't as good

Opinionated honestly . Aokuang mains dont go crazy

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    People underestimate Ao though, as a character he is really strong when he comes online, meaning mid to lategame
    Only problem is his clear is bad so you will need a midlaner with superb clear ehem(Pos) to carry the game for you early

Thanathos on the other hand is better due to him always being viable from early to late now, heartseeker makes his scyte hitting as a truck lategame too

I personally think Thana is one of the most broken gods as ive watched games were my team are 20/4 on kills and we just do what we want
    Guess who got the 4 kills on the enemy team? The guy whith the second easiet kill potentiall in the game after pos

Ive also afked for 10 min after the game started with Thana and I still went out there and ended the game with best kda and most kills

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Ao is a lot like Thanatos.

Thing is, Thanatos has range, an Ult that doesn't have to Execute to even work, great lifesteal and an insane early game by comparison. Sure, Thanatos falls of pretty hard later, but his ability to Stun, Silence, travel across the map, easily heal himself and run around at the speed of sound outpaces Ao in pretty much every category. Now, I also get Thanatos is an Assassin, and is therefore in a different category altogether, but come on, Ao is a Mage, a MAGE, and he doesn't clear waves at all. I swear, he's almost as bad as Sylvanus. Yet, ironically, I see Sylvanus clearing better than him most of the time.

By the time Ao actually becomes a problem, you've already built against him, unless he's been horrendously fed the entire game, which would make pretty much any God unstoppable at that point. So I can understand why he's getting buffed, as he seems to have fallen into the Ares and Odin problem of yesteryear, wherein we have so many items to counter them that they're only nuisances 99% of the time.
    Art is merely an extension of our imagination. A true artist imagines more than they draw, write, or even play; art may cause a revolution, but imagination causes the uproar.

~Gray

Sometimes I think God gave some people too many Lemons, as their just becoming way too pissy.

Hundun, the Faceless Beast God Concept

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    I'm truly curious as to what you think of Thanatos if you believe Ao Kuang to be op. The only thing I will acquiesce on in this matter is Ao built correctly, ie with poly and soul reaver, utterly destroys soft targets, which is what I use him for, a mage smasher.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    Veteran Tagger Third Class 50000 Experience Points Discussion Ender Party Person
    Kuang is barely played anymore with how non-existent his early game is compared to virtually any physical jungle.